News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Roger: An Apology

Started by Captain Utopia, March 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 06:41:48 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 06:41:14 PM
Was it posted after the move?
Because there seems to be some weird stuff up anyway, I cant see avatars in threads and images are acting funny.

Yes, it was just the other day.
Hrm. Was it a post or a thread I'm checking a couple of things.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Get Jenne or CB to check it, mybb keeps logs as well as here.

Jenne

I have no trust in my own skills with this software, but I'm willing to look and see what's there...I'm sure Charley would be too.

Faust

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 07:11:50 PM
I have no trust in my own skills with this software, but I'm willing to look and see what's there...I'm sure Charley would be too.
It looks like this:

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 07:11:50 PM

Of course.

Jenne

GAH.  Ok.  I have to be honest--I've signed on as admin like THREE times, and 2 out of 3 was just to see what the fuck it looked like, the other was to see if I was still admin after the move.

Goddamn.

This shit feels like glass shards.

Luna

Ability to prune logs...

Silly question, maybe, but does that mean that, with the correct access, someone could delete a post, and then remove evidence that the post was deleted?

(I do not speculate as to whether or not this was done, I'm just curious as to if it could be done.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Yeah, I don't have access to that portion, apparently.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 28, 2011, 07:17:14 PM
Ability to prune logs...

Silly question, maybe, but does that mean that, with the correct access, someone could delete a post, and then remove evidence that the post was deleted?

(I do not speculate as to whether or not this was done, I'm just curious as to if it could be done.)

Good question.  And, if not, it also shows there that USERS cannot cover their tracks...IE, I didn't erase it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 07:18:51 PM

CU, on the other hand, does.

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on March 28, 2011, 07:17:14 PM
Ability to prune logs...

I have NO idea. 

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 07:19:14 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 07:18:51 PM

CU, on the other hand, does.

Yeah, I hope so.  I'm sure he does too, I was just letting everyone know that I can't access that to find out.

Adios

I found no evidence of deleted posts. Either I'm doing it wrong or my screenshot thingy isn't working.

Faust

Its possible to remove the evidence yes. But unlikely and would take more with it. He could have done it from the sql panel but we didn't give him time to do that...