News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Hey roger, are they changing the law because of you?

Started by Faust, April 03, 2012, 08:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

http://gizmodo.com/5898585/itll-soon-be-illegal-to-troll-in-arizona

The wording on this is so vague it could be applied to anything based on electronic communication. How does one enforce and prove that the crime was committed?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

QuoteHow does one enforce and prove that the crime was committed?

They'll use the time-tested Arizonian method of checking if the suspect is Latino or not.

On the bright side, this means every pinealist who comes to PD.com will also be breaking the law, since the annoyance only has to occur in Arizona, not the source of the annoyance.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on April 03, 2012, 08:25:37 AM
QuoteHow does one enforce and prove that the crime was committed?

They'll use the time-tested Arizonian method of checking if the suspect is Latino or not.

On the bright side, this means every pinealist who comes to PD.com will also be breaking the law, since the annoyance only has to occur in Arizona, not the source of the annoyance.

So it's a potentially GOOD thing.  :lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Luna

So...  The next time you are offended by... say... a militant pro-life webpage, call the cops?

Freepers calling for the killing of (fill in the blank)...

This, until it goes to court and gets kicked in the teeth, has some potential to raise havoc...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on April 03, 2012, 09:54:41 PM
So...  The next time you are offended by... say... a militant pro-life webpage, call the cops?

This, until it goes to court and gets kicked in the teeth, has some potential to raise havoc...

Every day, I get spam from the Arizona Teabaggers.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If I lived in Arizona I would abuse the shit out of it by filing complaints against every anti-gay, racist, or anti-abortion website on the internet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on April 03, 2012, 10:49:19 PM
If I lived in Arizona I would abuse the shit out of it by filing complaints against every anti-gay, racist, or anti-abortion website on the internet.

Each and every spam letter I get is going to get reported.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 03, 2012, 10:48:58 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 03, 2012, 09:54:41 PM

Every day, I get spam from the Arizona Teabaggers.

Annoying! Call the police!  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 03, 2012, 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 03, 2012, 10:49:19 PM

Each and every spam letter I get is going to get reported.

:lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Elder Iptuous

So if you are convicted under this law, you are legally a troll now?
that seems like it would actually be an attractive prospect to many, just for shitsngiggles...