News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Carlos Castaneda

Started by Weselina, June 11, 2004, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weselina

I'd like to write a bit about Castaneda... I have read yesterday "Teachings of Don Juan- a Yaqui Way of Knowledge" and I'm enlightened... I'm gonna read 10 futher his books, then when I will have enough knowledge I'm going to Mexico and become a Shaman like he ;-)

OK, What is this book about- author goes to don Juan, Shaman of Yaqui tribe and learns for 3 years. He lerns all about pejotl (called by don Juan Mescalito), Datura inaxia, and Psilocybe mexicana. By these plants he tries to become a Crow, he forsees the future and talks with Mescalito. Finally, he has to struggle with other diablero and regain his soul. Book is full of descriptions of his visions, don Juans wisdom and specifical philosophy. Really, I can't wait to read the rest of his books. Asdx far as I know, later he is to lucid dreaming, travelling to other dimensions, falling into abysses of mind and becoming a real, "qualified" Shaman. Read it!
always look on the bright side of life...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

heh. That man was a real trickster.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: WeselinaI'd like to write a bit about Castaneda... I have read yesterday "Teachings of Don Juan- a Yaqui Way of Knowledge" and I'm enlightened... I'm gonna read 10 futher his books, then when I will have enough knowledge I'm going to Mexico and become a Shaman like he ;-)

OK, What is this book about- author goes to don Juan, Shaman of Yaqui tribe and learns for 3 years. He lerns all about pejotl (called by don Juan Mescalito), Datura inaxia, and Psilocybe mexicana. By these plants he tries to become a Crow, he forsees the future and talks with Mescalito. Finally, he has to struggle with other diablero and regain his soul. Book is full of descriptions of his visions, don Juans wisdom and specifical philosophy. Really, I can't wait to read the rest of his books. Asdx far as I know, later he is to lucid dreaming, travelling to other dimensions, falling into abysses of mind and becoming a real, "qualified" Shaman. Read it!

Dammit You spoiled it for me!  :lol:

I bought a copy off a russian guy on wednesday... it's my holiday reading... Colin Wilson is for the Cricket season

Bella

Nah, it's not spoiled.
This is one of those books where the plot is of secondary importance.
It's the rest of the info that's important.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

illusion

I just finished "The Art of Dreaming" by Castanada.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: illusionI just finished "The Art of Dreaming" by Castanada.
did you clear it with his estate?!?!?

anyways how long did it take you to write it?!?!?!
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

illusion

Yeah, but kinda after the fact, you know.....
Luckily they were cool about me adding to his work.

Heh.....I forget how careful one has to be about one says around you CG

chaosgraves:agentoferis

sorry ... more like I was trying to mock the legitamacy of the work in the first place... sorry you got caught in the crossfire
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

illusion

No probbie. I didn't even realize I was getting shot at.  :wink:

DemonavecMaxwells

Casteneda is a CIA agent masqerading as an author pretending to be an Anthropologist, who dresses like a woman and pleads with ornithologists to take his work seriously, but since the CIA was infiltrated by the illuminati the day before it was created, and since the illuminati is a cover for POEE, and poee is a clever cryptic mocking of Tim Leary who really worked for the fbi, and drugs is an anagram of potatoe, then Id just ignore the whole damn debacle.
Unless you see a white crow..... then tremble with eldritch terror my buddy.

Carlos Castaneda started out legitimate, I think, but as soon as he found out he could make money... well, you know how that goes.

MedeoPlusPlus

Quote from: Zombie¬?Carlos Castaneda started out legitimate, I think, but as soon as he found out he could make money... well, you know how that goes.

Maybe he was just too legit to quit!

:roll: I know, I know...
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

~~~~Closed~~~~

Anonymous

quotation from "Teachings of Don Juan":

Para mi solo racorrer los camonis que tienen Corazon...

That's all I remember in Spanish. During holidays I'm gonna read three more his books, so comments will be in August :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: WeselinaI'd like to write a bit about Castaneda...

So would I.  He's a joke...a self-parody.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.