News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

minuspace

Scare the fuck out of them till they start crawling on their knees, begging for repentance.  That should do it.  Of course I am against escalation, until a child is threatened.  Then things just changed.  WTF?

Suu

This is more than fucked up.

I couldn't fucking stand them to begin with, but seriously, these Facebook "Discordians" are going way too fucking far this time.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Ben Shapiro

LMNO

That is so fucked up.  Nigel, if I can do anything to help, let me know.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Even though my free time is quite limited atm, if you want a hand or need some advice, you know how to get in touch with me.

As an aside, if money isn't an issue, I hear there is a thriving trade in Bitcoin bounties.  Even though I abhor libertarian anarchocapitalism as an organising principle for society, I rather like it on the internet.  A couple of bitcoins offered in the right corners of the web could see all kinds of hilarious consequences for people.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Your Mom on September 21, 2014, 03:22:25 PM
Well, the assholes in TDS have succeeded in making me feel threatened enough that I no longer want anything to do with anything that has "Discordian Society" in the name.

I find it ironic that Facebook has basically completely lost control of all users and content on its site, but is cracking down on drag queens for using fake names.

You have my support in fucking with them, anything you need/want?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2014, 12:39:24 PM
Even though my free time is quite limited atm, if you want a hand or need some advice, you know how to get in touch with me.

As an aside, if money isn't an issue, I hear there is a thriving trade in Bitcoin bounties.  Even though I abhor libertarian anarchocapitalism as an organising principle for society, I rather like it on the internet.  A couple of bitcoins offered in the right corners of the web could see all kinds of hilarious consequences for people.

I am intrigued by these "Bitcoin Bounties" and wish to learn more. Please advise.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

If facebook still implements the auto suspend, people could all report the same post and he gets autobanned until facebook looks at it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, you guys. If any of you can come up with any leads on Mike Martin (probably not his real name) I would appreciate it. I have some info including pictures and two of his Soundcloud accounts. I need his real name/address/place of work if possible. And you know, if you get the itch to mass-report his posts on Facebook, it shouldn't be hard to find some that are legitimately repugnant, he's a racist piece of shit. I'd even be willing to re-join TDS to act as bait.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Our safety guy is one of those people who likes clip art and thinks it improves documents and presentations.  He also uses elipses where a period would have been appropriate.

It makes me weep.  He's a good safety tech in most other ways, though he has some strange ideas occasionally (like "no e-cigs in the offices" means the maintenance shops are included.  They aren't offices, piss off.)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

I have 2 conferences next month. Back to back weekends. The first is on Credit and Debt in the Middle Ages to Early Modern Period, that's just one day of panels. The weekend after that is a Classical Symposium focusing on mythology. My nerd cred is going to grow exponentially.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 06:17:54 PM
I have 2 conferences next month. Back to back weekends. The first is on Credit and Debt in the Middle Ages to Early Modern Period, that's just one day of panels. The weekend after that is a Classical Symposium focusing on mythology. My nerd cred is going to grow exponentially.

You'll get to sit at the head of the table in the cafeteria where all the other middle ages scholars sit.

:lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.