News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Rant 1: todays kids are insane.(for the most part)

Started by bob-o, September 10, 2004, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob-o

i was talking to this girl i met on penpalworld.com on AIM... the conversation shows how much todays children are...uhm...stupid.

(TheMadMailler is me, i deleted the other person's SN for obvious reasons)
------------------------------------------
TheMadMailler (5:30:33 PM):  it it the "eat and talk and socialize" kinda party, or the "there's no parents around so lets get piss drunk" kinda party?
person(5:31:12 PM): #2
TheMadMailler (5:31:40 PM): what the fuck is up with todays kids
person(5:31:50 PM): y?
person (5:31:56 PM): whats the prob
TheMadMailler (5:32:02 PM): you're fucking underage
person (5:32:06 PM): is it supposed to b the second 1
person (5:32:09 PM): soooo
person  (5:32:12 PM): ur point
person  (5:32:18 PM): i d/ get it
person  (5:32:26 PM): u dont do nothin do u
TheMadMailler (5:32:36 PM): my point is underage drinking is illegal
person  (5:32:45 PM): i know
person  (5:32:48 PM): we all do
person  (5:32:52 PM): but u dont do u
person  (5:32:57 PM): obviousley
person  (5:33:02 PM): there r worse things
TheMadMailler (5:33:04 PM): WTF?
person  (5:33:13 PM): at least im not gettin pregnant
TheMadMailler (5:33:18 PM): i know it's illegal, what are you talking about?
TheMadMailler (5:33:34 PM): p-hah! parties like that get people preganat
person  (5:33:55 PM): i know its illeagal
person  (5:34:00 PM): not me
person  (5:34:10 PM): i do it all the time the parties
person  (5:34:18 PM): not the other thing
TheMadMailler (5:34:20 PM): like it's a good thing?
person  (5:34:26 PM): waht
person  (5:34:28 PM): what
person  (5:34:34 PM): lets just not talk bout this
TheMadMailler (5:34:39 PM): person (5:34:10 PM): i do it all the time the parties
TheMadMailler (5:34:44 PM): that
person  (5:34:52 PM): o not that its good
TheMadMailler (5:34:55 PM): you act as if it's an ok thing to do
-----------------------------------------------

*sigh*...i wonder what kids will be like 30 years from now...

what do you people say?

~bob-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

~~~~Closed~~~~

thanks to ADD and the banning of dodgeball, in 30 years were going to have a bunch of stupid pussies running around.

The Commander

Um...I'm confused...she shouldn't drink because it is against the law and not because of some moral thingymabob.

I say drink up.

Prost!

The commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

namu

The society as a whole is infantilizing everyone. The media are just the most obvious part of that, and the rest of the iceberg strolls around unnoticed by the general public. But we've seen the Fnords, we know it's happening, we noticed the trends.

Nowadays even grown-ups expect no responsibilities and no choice. They assume the rest of the world is out there to protect them and to pave the way for them. Just look at the more and more common rallying cries of "think of the children" or "this is offending, somebody call the Police!".

People are AFRAID of their lives. They're trying to stay in the present, Peter Pan-style, they can't face changes anymore. The slightest risk of everyday life is scrutinized, analysed, expertized and measures are taken by The Powers That Be,Ñ¢, the figure of parenthood that looms over everyone, squashing freedom under the oppressive weight of its authority.

Accidents make headlines. Incidents make headlines. What's next ? I'll tell you what's next: everyday life's trivial struggle makes headlines too, unfolding right now.

The GRRRRayness is over my country :evil: Saotradur zo war ma bro.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

Trollax

Quote from: namuThe society as a whole is infantilizing everyone. The media are just the most obvious part of that, and the rest of the iceberg strolls around unnoticed by the general public. But we've seen the Fnords, we know it's happening, we noticed the trends.

Nowadays even grown-ups expect no responsibilities and no choice. They assume the rest of the world is out there to protect them and to pave the way for them. Just look at the more and more common rallying cries of "think of the children" or "this is offending, somebody call the Police!".

People are AFRAID of their lives. They're trying to stay in the present, Peter Pan-style, they can't face changes anymore. The slightest risk of everyday life is scrutinized, analysed, expertized and measures are taken by The Powers That Be,Ñ¢, the figure of parenthood that looms over everyone, squashing freedom under the oppressive weight of its authority.

Accidents make headlines. Incidents make headlines. What's next ? I'll tell you what's next: everyday life's trivial struggle makes headlines too, unfolding right now.

The GRRRRayness is over my country :evil: Saotradur zo war ma bro.

The disgusting thing for me is when people can be paid millions of dollars for doing stupid things. Some 19 year old kid in sydney (he was 14 at the time) got paid 11 million dollars by the state goverment after he was found to not be at fault when he forced open the doors of a train mid-travel stuck his stupid head out the door and got made stupider by a steel pylon. People shouldn't have to protect you from your own stupidity, and now with the indemnity scene the way it is, you can't even protect yourself against the negligence of others.
If you're going to go deep diving off a bridge over a creek that's just flooded you're going to have to think. "hmmn, I wonder if that twig is actually a dislodged tree floating beneath this murky surface."
Honestly If I'd ever met that asshole I would have said I was sorry he was in the wheelchair but it's your own dumbassed fault and you've got to deal with it with no help from the state.

edit: and as long as I'm on the subject, another 19 year old kid (who lives about a holf-hour from here) has a brain tumor that gets operated on and then they end up throwing the pice of skull away, and it takes the damn health service 3 months and a week of padgering by a current affairs program to admit that there's actually an issue! Fuck me! what are you stupid? Yeah sure. it was just an improvement to have nothing but skin between your brain and the outside world.

eighteen buddha strike

QuoteYeah sure. it was just an improvement to have nothing but skin between your brain and the outside world.

Unless they can put some kind of dataport there, he's better off just getting a new skull.

We shouldnt reward people for stupidity, ever. As a matter of fact, I'm a little distressed at the serious lack of natural selection in this country, I wont be happy until we either get a better education system to counter for this or else we live in a place where we fight for our lives against killer-robots programmed to hate all human life.

Trollax

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha Strike
QuoteYeah sure. it was just an improvement to have nothing but skin between your brain and the outside world.

Unless they can put some kind of dataport there, he's better off just getting a new skull.

they replaced it with some kevlar/polyethelene compund. stronger than the original

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

they replaced it with some kevlar/polyethelene compund. stronger than the original

Thats a good deal, but the big problem there is that while the new compound is probably much stronger than the original bone tissue... its still going to be weak at the seams.

Unless they did the whole skull cap, which would be awesome. So awesome that I'd be willing to have that surgery done on myself even if it is completely unnecessary. I'd headbutt everything, twice as much as I already do.

Trollax

oh no. it was clamped and screwed in :twisted: and there was a healthy amount of overlap, I saw the x-rays

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDoh no. it was clamped and screwed in :twisted: and there was a healthy amount of overlap, I saw the x-rays

So he's probably got some ghastly and intimidating mound on the front or side of his head. Thats awesome.

Someone needs to sponsor me for heavy body modification, and give me a cortex bomb.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDoh no. it was clamped and screwed in :twisted: and there was a healthy amount of overlap, I saw the x-rays

So he's probably got some ghastly and intimidating mound on the front or side of his head. Thats awesome.

I'd definately an antler drilled into it.

nope. no ghastly marks, aside from the staples which they'd have taken out by now.

eighteen buddha strike

nope. no ghastly marks, aside from the staples which they'd have taken out by now.

How thick is this new material?

Trollax

about the same as the origina, i'ts built with a recess though si it's extra thick ehere the bone is and it was coated with some stull to encourage the bone to grow a bit.

eighteen buddha strike

about the same as the origina, i'ts built with a recess though si it's extra thick ehere the bone is and it was coated with some stull to encourage the bone to grow a bit.

Probably not much that can be done with that, too bad for that kid. On the other hand, I wonder why more people dont get their skullcaps replaced/reinforced. That has to be ten times better than any nosejob.

Horab Fibslager

#2 sounds liek the bar i go to with all the 40 year olds and what not,cept they gambele onb  buckhunter. what's wrong with that? we gotta procreate somehow damnite

i know i'm beautful but c'mon... ;)
Hell is other people.