News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Demolition Squid

Close friend of mine has had to go back into hospital due to internal bleeding after a botched gall stone removal.

Fuck this year.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Dear Twid:

Do a pub crawl in Charlestown.

Love (?),
LMNO

I wouldn't mind that. I should probably get one in with George before he goes to Amherst.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2015, 06:51:00 PM
Deciding how petty I want to be.

Someone sprung a surprise inspection on my kitchen today.  Said kitchen is a mess, because I'm in the middle of essay fever, and because I do my writing in the kitchen (its the room with a lounge).  Thing is, I took some time out to check the exact rights I have here, and despite my contract stating that this is a licensed occupancy, the actual conditions mean I'm an assured shorthold tenant, and so they can't simply come barging in here.

Funny thing is, they've screwed themselves on the contract.  They want to claim I am a licensee, but service occupancy only occurs if I'm required to live in, as part of my job.  And I'm not.  So they can either choose to treat me as a licensee, but negate my rent (as its required for the job), or else they have to give the same rights any private tenant has.  I wont push that just yet, as the company is going to restructure the whole rent system over the summer...but I'll keep it in mind, if they try anything foolish.

That's SO FUCKED UP. I hope that however it plays out, when you leave you nail their balls for SOMETHING.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2015, 12:23:44 AM
End of the day meeting, Jess (our safety tech) decides, during a conversation about command structures here vs South Africa, says - with his bare skull hanging out - "They determine that by how long the bone through their nose is".

Cecil is in the room, but is too much of a gentleman to kill him on the spot (Cecil is Black).

I call him on it, he keeps laughing.

So fuck it. I fed the bastard to HR.

Its worth mentioning that the boss wasn't present.

Fucking hell, what the fuck is wrong with him?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 06, 2015, 03:25:01 AM
My coworker today was trying to think of a black dude's name and said "Who was that baboon there?"

My supervisor likes to refer to "big black Congo cock."

His supervisor described the cancer stricken woman who handles sick time as having behavior, "all fucking ghetto."

His supervisor described said woman as a "typical nigger."

HR doesn't know, because their alternatives are worse. This is Southcoast Massachusetts. This is corrections. I am filled with hate and deeply ashamed to be here.

:vom: You know, being from the West Coast, I wouldn't have expected that in Massachussetts.

Maybe you should consider recording that shit and leaking it to a news station. Because holy fuck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2015, 04:57:44 AM
Quote from: Metal Bear on May 06, 2015, 03:58:23 AM
Move to Texas you'll get shanked! Do it for the children!

This is going to be just another way for you Texans to insist that the USA listen to the sounds of insects having sex and calling it soothing music while you pollute the air with the strains of some idiot with a ukulele wailing about consumption and sodomy.

Oh, wait.  Shit.  That's Portland.

:spittake:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So Oregon, the first state to adopt voting by mail, has taken it to the next level. Now we can vote ONLINE.

Good thing this is Oregon, and not, say, Mississippi.

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:48:58 PM

Someone sprung a surprise inspection on my kitchen today.  Said kitchen is a mess, because I'm in the middle of essay fever, and because I do my writing in the kitchen (its the room with a lounge).  Thing is, I took some time out to check the exact rights I have here, and despite my contract stating that this is a licensed occupancy, the actual conditions mean I'm an assured shorthold tenant, and so they can't simply come barging in here.

Funny thing is, they've screwed themselves on the contract.  They want to claim I am a licensee, but service occupancy only occurs if I'm required to live in, as part of my job.  And I'm not.  So they can either choose to treat me as a licensee, but negate my rent (as its required for the job), or else they have to give the same rights any private tenant has.  I wont push that just yet, as the company is going to restructure the whole rent system over the summer...but I'll keep it in mind, if they try anything foolish.

That's SO FUCKED UP. I hope that however it plays out, when you leave you nail their balls for SOMETHING.

Angry email was sent.

I'm looking for another job anyway, but seriously.  It's like people here need laws to make them not act like dickweeds...referencing common decency is not sufficient.

In other news, Joss Whedon is a sexist pig and piece of shit:

https://imgur.com/a/il1rT

Yes, we've reached the point where self-described feminist creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is sexist.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:54:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2015, 04:57:44 AM
Quote from: Metal Bear on May 06, 2015, 03:58:23 AM
Move to Texas you'll get shanked! Do it for the children!

This is going to be just another way for you Texans to insist that the USA listen to the sounds of insects having sex and calling it soothing music while you pollute the air with the strains of some idiot with a ukulele wailing about consumption and sodomy.

Oh, wait.  Shit.  That's Portland.

:spittake:

Am I wrong?
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:48:58 PM

Angry email was sent.

I'm looking for another job anyway, but seriously.  It's like people here need laws to make them not act like dickweeds...referencing common decency is not sufficient.

In other news, Joss Whedon is a sexist pig and piece of shit:

https://imgur.com/a/il1rT

Yes, we've reached the point where self-described feminist creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is sexist.

I... what?

I haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, does this have something to do with Black Widow not getting EXACTLY what the hive mind wanted, in a movie with 800 characters?

LMNO

I have a feeling that Jeremy Renner calling BW a "slut" didn't help matters.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2015, 06:34:42 PM
I have a feeling that Jeremy Renner calling BW a "slut" didn't help matters.

I guess not, but I haven't been paying attention.