News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

So.

Lillie has responded to my complaint about the safety guy's racial slurs with an incredible shit rain of retaliation, some of which she put IN WRITING (!!!).

Wadding the whole mishegoss up, alongside almost 8 years of documented harassment against 2 members of my crew, sending off to corporate HR.

She's out of town until next Wednesday, as of an hour ago.

I'm off until Monday.

Her phone is unavailable.  Mine is not.

:nuke:

I didn't expect things to implode quite this quickly.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 07, 2015, 12:29:48 AM
So.

Lillie has responded to my complaint about the safety guy's racial slurs with an incredible shit rain of retaliation, some of which she put IN WRITING (!!!).

Wadding the whole mishegoss up, alongside almost 8 years of documented harassment against 2 members of my crew, sending off to corporate HR.

She's out of town until next Wednesday, as of an hour ago.

I'm off until Monday.

Her phone is unavailable.  Mine is not.

:nuke:

I didn't expect things to implode quite this quickly.   :lulz:

Oh, wow.  :lol: Lillie really is clueless. Jesus.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So. So my oldest daughter and I had a fight.

Her: "Joss Whedon is such a baby, he deleted his Twitter"
Me: "Don't believe everything you read on Tumblr, it's full of bullies who shit-talk other people to make them feel better about themselves"
Her: furiously shit-talking me on Tumblr
Me: "Case in point, that right there"
Her: "What?"
Me: "Don't you think it's a little hypocritical, that you expect me to house you, feed you, clothe you, and provide you with internet so you can shit-talk me on Tumblr?"
Her: "I don't know what you mean"
Me: "I mean, I know you talk shit about me on Tumblr, but I don't go looking for it because I don't want to know. But right in front of me? Really? I can see that."
Her: furiously shit-talking me even more in a post I can see because I'm FOUR FEET AWAY
Me: "You know what? Get out. Get out of my house. Go spend the night at your dad's house. It's like it's never occurred to you that the things you say can hurt people. Or like you don't care. I'm going to the store, please be gone when I get back.
Her: Gone
Me: <heart is breaking>

Mostly trying not to not let Little Orange see me crying. I feel like a complete shit mom.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 07, 2015, 12:40:19 AM

Me: "Don't believe everything you read on Tumblr, it's full of bullies who shit-talk other people to make them feel better about themselves"
Me: "Don't you think it's a little hypocritical, that you expect me to house you, feed you, clothe you, and provide you with internet so you can shit-talk me on Tumblr?"
Me: "I mean, I know you talk shit about me on Tumblr, but I don't go looking for it because I don't want to know. But right in front of me? Really? I can see that."
Her: furiously shit-talking me even more in a post I can see because I'm FOUR FEET AWAY
Me: "You know what? Get out. Get out of my house. Go spend the night at your dad's house. It's like it's never occurred to you that the things you say can hurt people. Or like you don't care. I'm going to the store, please be gone when I get back.

Mostly trying not to not let Little Orange see me crying. I feel like a complete shit mom.

That sucks, Nigel. Sorry to hear it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

I'm starting to feel like Tumblr is a cult for some people.  How else do you explain things like that becoming more important to you than the feelings of the people around you?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

I feel like a complete shit mom.

If parenting were all sunshine and monkey poop, that might be accurate.  But it isn't, as you well know.

You handled that better than our parent's generation would have.

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Eater of Clowns

I know that this is happening IRLs and I am sorry, bit it feels like the next sentence here is along the lines of, " and then she found the drainpipe. "
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I think you did alright Nigel, don't beat yourself up. Hell, if i said shit like that to my dad he would've grabbed my ears and screamed in my face. A sleepover at her dad's might actually do her some good.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

also, have you considered using your router to put Tumblr on a blacklist so she cant access it from your house?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on May 07, 2015, 07:25:23 AM
also, have you considered using your router to put Tumblr on a blacklist so she cant access it from your house?
... that would backfire horribly.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Chelagoras The Boulder

yea, it occurs to me that accessing tumblr literally anywhere else would probably be the first thing she'd do. Second thing would be to post on tumblr about how oppressive it is to be banned from tumblr.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, you guys. Seriously, just thanks.

Chelagoras, I don't know the first thing about blocking things with my router.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I don't know the specifics, I just know it can be done. You can put sites under a certain domain on a block list so they can't be seen. so any URLs that begin with "www.tumblr.com/" are verboten.

Then again, maybe Ret has a point. I have raised exactly zero teenagers, so... grain of salt.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on May 06, 2015, 10:49:14 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2015, 10:32:08 PM
Its also fairly amazing how much they obsess over comics/movies based on comics and Disney in comparison with say, actual politics.

Please, you cant compare them. One is a barely believable distraction filled with exaggerated caricatures that have been trotting out the same clichéd tropes since time immemorial, and then there's comic books.

I confess (not really much of a confession) I obsess over films and comic books and am largely ignorant of politics but I'm glad when I look at the rage against Weadon that I don't feel a sense of selfish entitled indignation when a creator makes a character do something that falls outside of my simplified tunnel vision of how things should be.

But you're not treating your interest in comic books and films as an interest in politics, which is I think a key difference as well.

Interestingly, a lot of the BW/Banner stuff had to be cut, which likely didn't help matters.  I cant say I'm surprised.  It was a long film anyway, and with the vast amount of characters involved, some things were always going to be left by the wayside.