News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

...and suddenly, it all made sense.

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 18, 2008, 03:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

If so, he needs to look up the definition of "gallant". But I think he was probably one of those jackasses who thinks there's some merit in dying with glory rather than running away and staying alive.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

...anyone who's dying deserves to cry, piss, shit their pants, whatever.  Someone else's notion of what that should look like is just bloviations of an idiot who hasn't been there.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

It was a different time. Back when people still were programmed with ideals that they would fight and die for... rather than our modern society where we're programmed to think the whole thing is a pile of shite.

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

umm, there are no shortage of idiots who still believe that ideals are worth dying for. And you don't have to think that "the whole thing is a pile of shite" to think that staying alive is valuable.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Jenne on September 15, 2010, 08:40:22 PM
...anyone who's dying deserves to cry, piss, shit their pants, whatever.  Someone else's notion of what that should look like is just bloviations of an idiot who hasn't been there.

THIS. I bet 99% of the people who believe in "dying gallantly" would actually shit themselves on the spot when confronted with their own horrifying and painful death. Unfortunately, that will probably remain academic for most of them.

the last yatto

Once I defended my wallet against two attempted muggers which had only a few pieces of id, no credit cards and only five dollars.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

Quote from: Pēleus on September 15, 2010, 09:11:46 PM
Once I defended my wallet against two attempted muggers which had only a few pieces of id, no credit cards and only five dollars.

Sounds like something I would do. But I am crazy as hell, what's your excuse?

the last yatto

I was young and the hassle of having to reissue four ids (military, state, school, libary) probally was a strong factor. That and he didn't have a knife
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

East Coast Hustle

so, in other words, you weren't trying to die gallantly. And your wallet is not an ideal.

the last yatto

Isn't defending ones property an ideal? Even if its junk

Besides he could have had something...

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pēleus on September 15, 2010, 10:24:25 PM

It only counts if he had something with which to violently removes bits of you from yourself. And in order to die gallantly you have to...die. You are alive.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Pēleus on September 15, 2010, 10:24:25 PM

no, defending one's property is just that, defending one's property. If, rather than mugging you he had attempted to tell you that you worshipped the wrong god, then you would have been fighting for an ideal. Also, you can't be trying to die gallantly unless you're actually going to die, or at least are utterly convinced that you are.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Nigel on August 18, 2008, 09:50:04 PM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on August 18, 2008, 09:48:38 PM
During finals week I survived almost entirely on convenience store fried chicken and jelly beans.

In my defense, that convenience store has the best fried chicken, and they were JellyBelly beans.

WANT

MOTHERFUCKING

FRIED

CHICKEN

DUUDE!!

you're like, 5 seconds from MLK! Popeyes or Safeway - YOU choose!
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on September 16, 2010, 01:28:17 AM
Quote from: Nigel on August 18, 2008, 09:50:04 PM
Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on August 18, 2008, 09:48:38 PM
During finals week I survived almost entirely on convenience store fried chicken and jelly beans.

In my defense, that convenience store has the best fried chicken, and they were JellyBelly beans.

WANT

MOTHERFUCKING

FRIED

CHICKEN

DUUDE!!

you're like, 5 seconds from MLK! Popeyes or Safeway - YOU choose!

I think I was dieting or something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."