News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Hotsuma's Ranting: Vegitarianisim is fucking stupid.

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, August 04, 2004, 10:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I only object to idiot vegans (and veganism truly is a form of idiocy) (seriously it'd be safer to fast 4 days of the week) who insist on telling me I'm evil for enjoying a massive chunk of bleeding meat every once in a while.  I hate proselytizers and missionaries, no matter what the message.  I don't go around telling vegans they're fucking idiots for malnutriting themselves; I certainly don't want to be lectured about how I'm tainting myself with all the chemicals that farm animals get pumped with, or that I'm killing harmless creatures.  Farm animals aren't harmless creatures of the wild--they exist because of thousands of years of human intervention.  Hell, domestic turkeys have to be artificially inseminated because they're literally too stupid to breed on their own without injury.  

Anyway, I know I'm right because all the vegan people I know are even more sickly than me, and I'm not exactly a paragon of health and vigor.  But whatever, man.  Everyone makes choices, and nobody has the right to tell anyone what they're eating is wrong.  (Unless they're eating other human beings, which is frankly a health risk...what if I'm next, eh?)

Note:  Not to say all vegans are missionaries, just most of them.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Bella

Hmmm.......here's my two cents worth.
I don't tell anyone else what to eat and I don't want them telling me what to eat.
This includes carnivores, vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians.
My niece tells me I fall in the latter category because I eat meat - or not.
It all depends on what I'm hungry for at the moment.

I feel that all life is sacred, whether human type animal, non-human type animal, vegetable, etc.
Therefore, all food should be eaten with gratitude and we should try not to waste it
it or be cruel to the life forms that supply us with nourishment.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Quote from: Wenchmaster KI only object to idiot vegans (and veganism truly is a form of idiocy) (seriously it'd be safer to fast 4 days of the week) who insist on telling me I'm evil for enjoying a massive chunk of bleeding meat every once in a while.  I hate proselytizers and missionaries, no matter what the message.  I don't go around telling vegans they're fucking idiots for malnutriting themselves; I certainly don't want to be lectured about how I'm tainting myself with all the chemicals that farm animals get pumped with, or that I'm killing harmless creatures.  Farm animals aren't harmless creatures of the wild--they exist because of thousands of years of human intervention.  Hell, domestic turkeys have to be artificially inseminated because they're literally too stupid to breed on their own without injury.  

Anyway, I know I'm right because all the vegan people I know are even more sickly than me, and I'm not exactly a paragon of health and vigor.  But whatever, man.  Everyone makes choices, and nobody has the right to tell anyone what they're eating is wrong.  (Unless they're eating other human beings, which is frankly a health risk...what if I'm next, eh?)

Note:  Not to say all vegans are missionaries, just most of them.

Dont stereotype so much just based on the vegans you know. A few of my best friends are vegans, and they arent anything like the vegans you describe. As a matter of fact, most of the Vegans I know are sick of being harassed for it.

I DO know vegans like the ones you describe, and you must trust me when I say that I hate them with every fiber of my being, but I'll never go so far as to say that "Veganism is a form of idiocy." Thats right up there with "Discordianism is a form of idiocy".

The reason I would, myself, never be vegan is that it simply takes way too much effort. It is good to be knowledgable, in all circumstances, however. I look at eating meat as a priveledge. I once ate a steak in front of a cow.

namu

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI feel that all life is sacred, whether human type animal, non-human type animal, vegetable, etc.
Therefore, all food should be eaten with gratitude and we should try not to waste it or be cruel to the life forms that supply us with nourishment.
I think it all depends on whether the lifeform was born for being eaten or was born free. Yes to eating anything we've cultivated and raised ourselves. No to the forceful rapture of free creatures and plants from their rightful environment.

My symbiote, on the other hand, says that the essence of life truly is struggle and that we should stop worrying about all these matters, for it's the rightful thing to try and get a bite of anything circumstances bring to you.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

sakredchao

eat more people, help improve our genetics by weeding out the weak..  see, much like mad cow disease happened from cows eating cows, we can get prions from eating humans, too.  and it kills some of us..  but the ones that survive are genetically superior, and can continue eating people.

vegetarians taste better.

discordianism is a form of idiocy.
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

DJRubberducky

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI feel that all life is sacred, whether human type animal, non-human type animal, vegetable, etc.
Therefore, all food should be eaten with gratitude and we should try not to waste it or be cruel to the life forms that supply us with nourishment.
Hear, hear!  :D

For the most part, I have no qualms about eating the flesh of livestock animals.  If their whole reason for being born was to become some human's food, who am I to thwart their destiny and keep their souls from learning the lessons to be learned in such a life?

On the other hand, I think the astounding ease with which we can obtain meat does mean we're starting to lose our connection with the process.  If I were required to slaughter the meat animal I wished to consume, I'd probably still do it, but at least then I'd have a greater appreciation for just how that rib eye got on my plate, y'know?

Hrm...now I'm thinking I want to actually do this.  I wonder if there are any slaughterhouses near Dallas.  I don't think I'd get to be a good enough shot to actually hunt something for myself.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Slarti

My main objection to eating meat (but i still do. long story, or i could just be a hypocrite) is the way a lot of it is raised in the US. i've seen some of the farms where they file 10,000 cows in one pen so they don't have room to walk around, and they just feed them and give them growth hormones and such. it's sickening. that's why i won't eat fast food. but i still eat meat from my local grocery store, in (probably vain) hope that they are raised nearby in fairly good conditions.

i'm still waiting for hotsuma to rip my arguement to shreds  :P

Hwarang

Hi,

This is my first post here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a few vegetarians who simply don't like the taste of meat. If that's the case, I can respect it. I don't like seafood ... *kak*!!

People who are vegans out of morality concerns ("meat is murder!"), though ... I generally think they are attempting to make themselves feel better by fooling themselves into believing that they have found a way around one of the few constant truths about life on this planet:

For you to live; something must die.  Plant or animal, you must consume something that was once living to continue your existence.

People who are vegetarians due to concerns about the cleanliness of meat and the conditions of processing plants ... well I share those concerns too. But meat is tasty and I'm a realist. The places that process and package all your non-meat foods are just as gross. I'll offer up the link: http://www.fda.gov/ ... you can read all kinds of interesting stuff there about what the government allows in our food. Anybody (vegetarians included) care to calculate how much rat feces you've ingested this year alone?

People who are vegetarians due to dietary health concerns ... I have only this to say: Who are you to argue with a million years of evolution? That's pretty arrogant. :) We are omnivores.

Ever notice how sallow and crappy the skin of a vegetarian looks? Almost universally, their skin lacks a healthy hue. Nutrition deficiency.

The last gripe about vegetarians: Moral condescention and relentless evangalism. Man is that annoying or what? First off, I'm a gracious host and practiced gentleman, so if you come to dinner at my house and you're a vegetarian, you can bet I'll have lots of tasty stuff for you to eat. But you should be able to tolerate the presence and smell of some meat on the table, without getting all preachy. The flipside of that same coin is ... if I am a guest in your house, I do not expect you to cook a special meal for me. I'm just not that pushy. I'll eat your veg food. *shrug* May have to go get a burger on the way home but whatever :)
3.14159265358... vs. 1.61803398874... = ?
( All Roads Lead to Infinity )

gnimbley

Welcome, Hwarang.

The only people I know were vegetarians became that way because
they would constantly see the cute little cuddly animal in their minds
whenever they looked at meat. Eventually those thoughts left their
minds and they went back to eating meat.

For a while I wouldn't eat beef because of mad cow disease, but I
am much better now. I like it medium rare, thank you very much.

But no haggis.

::wanders off in search of breakfast::

fasboy4001

im veggie.
its not for health reasons (im a drug adict)
its not for religious reasons (im an athiest)
its not for moral reasons (im a thief)
i just got a job at mcdonalds and decided ide had enough

anyway, i try not to preach, but i do tease veggies and non veggies, just i make fun of everydbody else.
"If you don't have laws you have kaos. "
          -fluz

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: fasboy4001
i just got a job at mcdonalds and decided ide had enough
god. If working at a resturaunt did this to you try getting a job at a vegitarian place... but I guess you have to eat something.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Schweinepriester G.

As long as they don't preach i don't care what they don't eat but i know this really funny girl. She is vegan, works for the animal testing group at the uni, has stuffed animals and wears leather and has some selfmade bone pendant yet insists she is vegan because of her beliefs. Them obviously being that you can kill maim, torture and kill animals for fun and profit but don't ever dare eat them. ;)
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)

Slarti

Quote from: Slartibartfast
Quote from: Hotsuma
Well I think that it's wrong to kill animals.
as a general rule of thumb, people who use this are usually wearing leather shoes. apparently your against killing animals unless it's for your benifit. hypocrite.

maybe you've only met poser veggies, but i've met people that seriously didn't want to harm animals. they went out of their way to not do anything like wearing leather shoes and such.

it's the same thing is if I went out and started eating little kids
aside from the obvious "what the fuck are you smoking?!" response. I'm still going to eat meat, if you go out and start eating children it's not going to make me change my mind.

some people don't consider humans to be any greater than other animals (i included). therefore in their minds, that arguement is valid.

Recent discoveries in the fossile records show that our ancestors' brains didn't start to increase in size until there was animal protien in their diet. how does one get animal protien in their diet? duh, eating animals. simply put, the human race wouldn't be here today if we hadn't eaten other animals. we have canines, they're designed for tearing flesh. we're omnivores. were supposed to eat meat and non-meat items.

so? just because it helps us out, doesn't make it right.

and lets not forget that not eating meat can seriously fuck up your your diet. many vegitarians don't get enough protien in their diet. it also much easier to eat meat and veggies/fruit as opposed to keeping track of what fruits/veggies you've eaten so you know when your protien levels are in the green.

their choice. why does it bother you so much?

ironicly enough, plenty of veg-heads eat Jello.
NEWS FLASH: Gelatin is made out of meat you dim wits. next time you make chicken stock put some of it in the fridge overnight, and in the morning tell me what popular desert item is now in the container.

maybe PLENTY of them do, but not all. don't put down a whole group based on the actions of a poser majority.

and to top it off, it doesn't matter if you don't eat meat. people are still going to buy it. your not saving any animals by depriving yourself of meat.

it's not about changing anything. it's about making a concious decision to not do it. by not eating meat, their conscience is clear. why do you care enough to bash them on a thread like this?

Quote from: Hotsumaany veg-heads are more than welcome to post arguments for me to shoot down.

still waiting  :o

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.As long as they don't preach i don't care what they don't eat but i know this really funny girl. She is vegan, works for the animal testing group at the uni, has stuffed animals and wears leather and has some selfmade bone pendant yet insists she is vegan because of her beliefs. Them obviously being that you can kill maim, torture and kill animals for fun and profit but don't ever dare eat them. ;)
hhhhmmmm so she might be buddhist is what your saying.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Lister

Strangely enough I've never been bothered by vegans (and consorts)...

The few times the subjects arises in conversation, I always ask why they don't eat meat...

"I don't like the taste of meat" (or something likewise) is about the only reason I accept for not eating meat...
(And maybe health reasons as well, although I never encountered them)

Reasons involving honor or conscience get to deal with sarcasm, scorn or /ignore...

(The above assuming of course that someone else broached the subject to me...  I generally don't go out of my way to bother people about their eating habits...)
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land