News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

I can't be the only one...

Started by Cain, November 23, 2012, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

...amused by our "self-reliance" "big society" "no to welfare dependency" Prime Minister throwing an absolute stinker of a tantrum over the UK annual EU rebate.

Where's my government monies and VanRompuyfone?
\

Cain

Bonus hilarity: you'll note the UK is arguing for more benefits for itself, whilst telling the EU to cut its overall budget.

I sincerely believe 90% of what the Tories believe about Labour and the Lib Dems is projection, how they would act in the same situation, and this is doing nothing to persuade me that I'm wrong.

LMNO

Ah, austerity.

This is reminiscent of the US "fiscal cliff" -- apparently, when strict deficit-cutting measures loom, all the conservatives start saying how it will doom the economy.  Validating Keynes, much/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain