News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Attention, N00bs: You might want to read this.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faust

Is that cause Im quiet or cause I lurked for a year?

Cain

Quote from: faust on September 26, 2006, 10:52:46 PM
Is that cause Im quiet or cause I lurked for a year?
That and you actually seem to be intelligent.

faust

thank you. I wouldent call it intellegence, i just perfer to think about information I'm given for a while before deciding on the validity of it.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: faust on September 26, 2006, 11:02:46 PM
thank you. I wouldent call it intellegence, i just perfer to think about information I'm given for a while before deciding on the validity of it.

I'd consider that the best definition of intelligence I've ever heard.

TGRR,
Still hates you, though.  Out of principle.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM
Now, first and foremost, The Good Reverend doesn't want you to think he is giving you orders...but allow me to make a few suggestions, before you run off and post your first threads/rants/etc.

1.  If you plan on posting an exciting thread showing your best Kerry Thornley/Ivan Stang imitation, please think carefully before doing so...many of us have been here for years, and we've already read the Principia/Book of the Subgenius/Revelation X, and everything by Robert Anton Wilson...and, unless you have something original to add to those, you're probably wasting your time.

2.  Likewise, referencing your pituitary gland, foot gland, or starting an Esperanto thread is very likely to result in your being fed to Fluffy.  And you don't want that, do you?

3.  "The rule of 5" and long threads discussing the mystical signifigance of the number 23 are perfectly legal...but don't cry when you get laughed at or ignored.  Again, those are only funny/interesting the first 300 or so times you hear them.

4.  Some posters (who shall remain nameless) will give you a hard time when you first start posting.  Those posters (who shall remain nameless) will call you a "sucker", tell you to "fuck off", and rip your masterpiece thread (about the number 23) to shreds.  There's absolutely nothing you can do to dissuade them (again, no names), and nobody can hear you scream.  Welcome to discordianism.

5.  For the love of Sweet Baby Jebus, DO NOT use the terms "real discordians", "true discordians", etc.  The Good Reverend doesn't care what happens to YOU, but he's sick of washing blood off the walls.

6.  We really aren't impressed that you can post gibberish, in an attempt to sound "discordian".  Nor are we awed by claims of superpowers (except when Agent Compassion makes them), descent from Elder Gawds(tm), or claims of being Malaclypse (any of them).  In fact, odds are that you'll be bound and gagged, and left at 14th and Minna...a fate best left undescribed.  And - just so you know - the last guy who decided to rip off Joshua Norton's act got banished here:  http://principiadiscordia.org , where he can make all the proclamations he likes...to himself.

7.  Nobody will mod you for threadjacking...but good luck starting any threads of your own, Slappy.

8.  Spamming the latest funny thing you found on more than two (2) threads can have adverse effects, including (but not limited to):  being the recipient of universal mockery, having NOBODY look at your shit (out of sheer spite), and/or being forced to read Great Teacher Largo's old rants until your eyes bleed.

9.  Feel free to experiment with the board and all its HTML-y goodness, but be advised that multi-colored text is very hard to read, and most people won't make the effort.

10.  Pr0n bombing will probably get you modded, as will anything that can ge the admin/mods in real, actual trouble (copyright violations, etc).  If this happens, your fate is up to the powers that be, and we don't want to hear any whimpering about it.  Try not to bleed on us, m'kay?

SPECIAL BONUS SUGGESTION #11:  We've been trolled by the best.  In fact, some of us ARE the best.  So don't give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome trying to impress us...and multiple monikers don't really help.  Everyone ALWAYS finds out who you are...and, again, it's been done a million times. 

Lastly, be yourself, be original, don't feel the need to "wow" us on your first day, and have fun...

...SUCKER.

Hm.  Bet these still apply...

Otay.  Will comply.  :D

Shibboleet The Annihilator

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Jenne

hooplala

Its the tattoo on that cat's arm - always gets the boys around here wound up.

That's why Salazar was so fucking popular.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Quote from: Baron von Hoopla on October 19, 2006, 02:03:10 PM
Its the tattoo on that cat's arm - always gets the boys around here wound up.

That's why Salazar was so fucking popular.

*misses Enrico waaay more than she should*

But thanks for the heads up...

Fuquad

I haven't read this this time around.

but i've read it before.

does that leave me in the clear?!?!?
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Fuquad

Quote from: triple zero on November 02, 2006, 10:57:05 AM
if this
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=7782
is the thread you were looking for then it's very easy.

just take notice of the thread number in the original URL:
hxxp://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7782
and rewrite that in the new SMF format like this:
hxxp://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=7782

if this wasn't the thread you were looking for, then cain was right and because of the SMF coding everything's scrambled. but it starts with a post by mal3, so that's ok?

it could probably be coded so it automatically works again. a bit of javascript on the page would be easiest i think. (the prettiest solution would of course be converting all the URLs in the DB)
another solution would be to put a .htaccess rewrite rule in the pd.com/forums directory, but for that, we'd need help from the old mgt (who still manages the domain and webspace, as far as i understand?)
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET