Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2010, 11:11:41 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on June 04, 2010, 10:23:45 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 09:44:51 PM
That's one reason I usually adopt a male nick; people put up with less bullshit from guys

:lulz:

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

And once people get in the pattern of calling me on my shit, I feel ok about coming out as a chick because I know that they'll keep doing it.

Your new avatar made me poomp.  :banana:

YAYYYY!   :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 09:37:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:24:50 PM
Well, on that broad (no pun intended, really) and insulting note.  I'm outta here for the day.  Have fun with the war!

Look, I didn't mean to be insulting here. Guys getting chewed up an spit out for posting bullshit around is a time honored tradition. I don't see the difference in what she did and what others who get run off did. What am I missing?

What about Eldora?
PrincessKLS?
Aini?
I'm sure there are others. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 05, 2010, 12:12:59 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 09:37:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:24:50 PM
Well, on that broad (no pun intended, really) and insulting note.  I'm outta here for the day.  Have fun with the war!

Look, I didn't mean to be insulting here. Guys getting chewed up an spit out for posting bullshit around is a time honored tradition. I don't see the difference in what she did and what others who get run off did. What am I missing?

What about Eldora?
PrincessKLS?
Aini?
I'm sure there are others. 

Point, they did get their shit jumped like it was deserved.

AFK

And also, I defended AKK, until he went nuclear-stupid. 

the last yatto

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2010, 08:45:25 PM
She calls us all fat and lame, but expects to be treated as a goddess because she posted some skanky pics?

someone should remind her... we arent all pagans :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Pope Pixie Pickle

I may have been wrong about the Cain stalking thing. PKLS and PED got confused somehow?

I can't rly search for stuff to back up my earlier statement so imma retract it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on June 05, 2010, 04:05:29 PM
I may have been wrong about the Cain stalking thing. PKLS and PED got confused somehow?

I can't rly search for stuff to back up my earlier statement so imma retract it.

She wished him a happy birthday, and I think she may have said a thing or two before that, but nothing that I thought would have qualified stalking.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Pixie Pickle

Yea it doesn't matter anyway.

Adios

Eldora was a backstabbing traitor who sold a board out for a position on a cheap pagan board.

PKLS was a fucking stalker who followed Cain around the internet.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2010, 07:38:23 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 07:34:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 04, 2010, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 06:58:39 PM
So have we become the Discordian equivalent of MTV? 

Hey, that was pretty cold.

Well, then please, I would like others to answer my original question.  Isn't it a little disconcerting to think that there is this supposed norm on a the site www.principiadiscordia.com ?  It seems quite antithetical to me.  But what has been suggested in this thread so far is that PED is outside the norm because of the way she posts.  And now it has been revealed that I am outside of this norm as well.  

So what the fuck does that mean?  

It means this has been an 8 year failure.

It means that we have to accept abusive trolls as equals (or, in Cram's opinion, our superiors).  It means that the board owner has stated that he isn't a Discordian, and that those of us who are (were) aren't cool enough for his standards.  It means that this is nothing but a nit-picking site for OCD pedants.  It means maybe I should just forget all this shit, and spend more time working on my career.

Put your fucking panties back in your purse, dude. I never said anything about anyone being "cool enough" or any shit like that, at all, so fuck off if all you can do is whine about why you have to put words in my mouth.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: 6 Feet of Sole on June 04, 2010, 07:34:34 PM

Well, then please, I would like others to answer my original question.  Isn't it a little disconcerting to think that there is this supposed norm on a the site www.principiadiscordia.com ?  It seems quite antithetical to me.  But what has been suggested in this thread so far is that PED is outside the norm because of the way she posts.  And now it has been revealed that I am outside of this norm as well.  

I'd like to point out that YOU were the one that brought up the idea of the "PD.COM norm" ITT.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: 6 Feet of Sole on June 03, 2010, 06:44:27 PM
I just think that not every person who is outside the PD.COM norm deserves nor requires the PD.COMtm pigpile.  I guess that's all I've been trying to say. 

Quoted for reference.

tyrannosaurus vex

For what it's worth...

Yes there is a "norm" here at pdcom. It's inescapable that any community frequented by the same group of people for a lot of years develops its own culture. Like anywhere else, this community has a set of moral, intellectual, comedic, and other standards. That's not to say that our standards are inherently superior or inferior to any other set of standards, it's just one of the things that distinguish this group from any other group. These standards are what attracts certain people to pdcom, they are what we expect to see when we get here, and they are the reason we keep coming back. To think that just because this is a "Discordian" site, we should be somehow immune to the natural laws of community that have existed ever since the first time two cavemen ganged up on a woolly mammoth is kinda ridiculous, in my opinion.

People here are protective of this community. In the first place, it's rare to find a group of people online or off that is as high-quality, productive, helpful, and insightful as the pdcom membership. Even when it sucks around here, it's still more entertaining and enlightening in my opinion than any other place I've found. Maybe that's just because we have a unique brand of BS that appeals to me, but I don't care. I like it here, and I don't want to see this place devolve into just another interwebs forum. I'd feel an actual loss, not just because I'd have to go look for somewhere else to waste my time, but because the kind of things we produce here are worth wasting time on.

Sometimes the flaming gets a little hot. But there are plenty of people who survive it, and I'd rather have a little potential value scared off than just open the floodgates and have pdcom drown in the inevitable shitstorm of fluff and bullshit that would surely follow. Part of what makes Discordia Discordia is that it expects something of a person. It isn't enough just to spout Dadaist crap all day long and pass yourself off as Outlandish. And I want to keep it that way.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 07, 2010, 12:59:41 AM

I'd like to point out that YOU were the one that brought up the idea of the "PD.COM norm" ITT.

And you helped define it by pointing out that whatever this norm is, I clearly fall outside of it.  So what does that mean exactly? 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: 6 Feet of Sole on June 07, 2010, 05:40:39 AM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 07, 2010, 12:59:41 AM

Well, then please, I would like others to answer my original question.  Isn't it a little disconcerting to think that there is this supposed norm on a the site www.principiadiscordia.com ?  It seems quite antithetical to me.  But what has been suggested in this thread so far is that PED is outside the norm because of the way she posts.  And now it has been revealed that I am outside of this norm as well. 

And you helped define it by pointing out that whatever this norm is, I clearly fall outside of it.  So what does that mean exactly? 

:hashishim:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A