News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Just so you know, Obama is going to be overthrown on Friday

Started by Cain, May 14, 2014, 10:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It's just like the Arab Spring, only for the bit where Obama's not a dictator and none of this is new.

LMNO

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote"There is no way a militia with small arms can defeat the kind of arms the U.S. government can bring to bear on such a battle, but one has to admire the courage of those people who showed up to confront them," Phillips said, comparing the protest to the American Revolution. "That's quintessentially American!"

Oh good. A teabagger's finally right about something.

I imagine Friday will be a rather dull day.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

QuoteOr, as a blogger speculated at Before It's News, the whole operation could be a false flag planted by the Obama administration to launch a civil war.

:lulz:

Cain

Before Its News - because reality cannot match my lithium deficient visions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 14, 2014, 01:14:27 PM
Quote"There is no way a militia with small arms can defeat the kind of arms the U.S. government can bring to bear on such a battle, but one has to admire the courage of those people who showed up to confront them," Phillips said, comparing the protest to the American Revolution. "That's quintessentially American!"

No, that's quintessentially BRITISH.  Americans have never successfully revolted ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2014, 11:24:31 PM

No, that's quintessentially BRITISH.  Americans have never successfully revolted ever.

Well, yeah, otherwise, they'd be coffeebaggers.

BadBeast

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 15, 2014, 11:28:41 PM

And the American Civil War wasn't actually a Civil War at all. Some very hurtful things were said.  :| It was a War of seccession. The Southern States wanted to seccede from the British Empire, and Canada wouldn't let them. This resulted in the Rebellious States being re-zoned as "Mexico", and the Panama Canal was dug to stop them from escaping any further South.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on May 16, 2014, 05:54:07 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 15, 2014, 11:28:41 PM

And the American Civil War wasn't actually a Civil War at all. Some very hurtful things were said.  :| It was a War of seccession. The Southern States wanted to seccede from the British Empire, and Canada wouldn't let them. This resulted in the Rebellious States being re-zoned as "Mexico", and the Panama Canal was dug to stop them from escaping any further South.

Funny enough, I've never been particularly comfortable describing our civil war as such. The fuckers seceded and set up their own government. Calling it a civil war is giving the treasonous slaving bastards too much American cred. It was a failed war for independence, much like our revolution against England was (success is arguable in that case).

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 16, 2014, 02:34:33 PM
What's the definition of civil war?

I suppose its splitting hairs, but I'd define a civil war as one where both parties remain part of the same nation-state. The French Revolution would also be a civil war. Revolution because of change in government, civil war because everyone is still French. The CSA was a separate nation-state.

BadBeast

Two seperate factions fighting to rule the same Soveriegn state or territory. . Still a bit of a misnomer though, because by that point, civility has gone right out the window. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Q. G. Pennyworth