News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Meeting with the history department today at UNH to discuss funding my education with some free monies. I'm a bit nervous. It's cold outside, and I have to take public transportation, so I'm not really "dressing up" but trying to not look like a slob, either. I guess I should put makeup on at the very least. Not that I feel I need it because I never really wear it even in my 30s, but um...I'm in my 30s, I should probably look like I tried to be put together for this.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

A lot of stuff happens overnight, I guess.  Roger, is there a way to minimize the fluke attack?

Nigel, that's awesome news!  You must be very tired.

Cain, I find it interesting ecoterrorism isn't over-reported, but I find myself not surprised that a small slice of ethnoterrorism is.

Roger, those commercials are god's way of saying READ A BOOK.

EoC, shitfuckdamn.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend's brother.  That Life Images site is impressively creepy, though.

Nigel, from what I can tell, (through Krugman, mostly), the ACA is doing very well indeed, and it's scaring the hell out of the GOP.  The White House is totally blowing it on the messaging, though.  Which makes me wonder if it's incompetence, or something else is going on.

Suu, I find a structured blazer makes almost any outfit more put together.

I think that's mostly everything.

Eater of Clowns

Thank you, LMNO. Other than my disbelief, I just feel terribly for the family. They've had a difficult few years.

It looks like someone uploaded a few photos, though, so the webpage is at least less awful.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 17, 2014, 12:11:01 PM
A lot of stuff happens overnight, I guess.  Roger, is there a way to minimize the fluke attack?

The behavior, yes.  The rest, not so much.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 17, 2014, 02:13:39 PM
Ugh.  Suckage.

Well, the classic symptoms all presented in the middle of the night, so it's on.

I don't take this as an excuse to be out of line, but I might get that way without seeing it.  If so, would one of you freaks PM me and tell me to knock it off?  I'd really appreciate it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

So I get to campus, and the professor I need to speak with isn't even in his office. Ugh. However, I can tell that he is a man of distinction, as he has a fake mustache tacked on his door.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:17:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 17, 2014, 02:13:39 PM
Ugh.  Suckage.

Well, the classic symptoms all presented in the middle of the night, so it's on.

I don't take this as an excuse to be out of line, but I might get that way without seeing it.  If so, would one of you freaks PM me and tell me to knock it off?  I'd really appreciate it.

Yes, sir!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

QuoteCain, I find it interesting ecoterrorism isn't over-reported, but I find myself not surprised that a small slice of ethnoterrorism is.

Well, how else can we justify claiming Al-Qaeda are an existential threat, without assuming an IRA level of organisation with, well, Al-Qaeda levels of fanaticism.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 17, 2014, 12:11:01 PM
Nigel, from what I can tell, (through Krugman, mostly), the ACA is doing very well indeed, and it's scaring the hell out of the GOP.  The White House is totally blowing it on the messaging, though.  Which makes me wonder if it's incompetence, or something else is going on.

That's also very interesting... perhaps they are waiting until closer to the election? I imagine that if the ACA is so successful, they may be able to leverage it to galvanize voters by running counter-ads that simply say that big money is trying to take away our functioning health care, which would be reinforced by the anti-ACA ads.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Koch Institute is also rolling out major protest against "abuses and racism in the criminal justice system" at the moment.

Maybe the Kochs are making a big play.  Get the economic libertarians with one campaign, the social libertarians with another.  The Kochtopus wins.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 17, 2014, 04:42:13 PM
The Koch Institute is also rolling out major protest against "abuses and racism in the criminal justice system" at the moment.

Maybe the Kochs are making a big play.  Get the economic libertarians with one campaign, the social libertarians with another.  The Kochtopus wins.

That's a terrifying prospect.

Cain

They've already got Glenn Greenwald being a useful idiot for the latter campaign.  No doubt lots of well-intentioned liberals are gonna sign up, not realising the game-plan is co-option.

Suu

So apparently military spouses are eligible for in-state tuition and nobody told me until, oh, just now. I just may be able to save myself $5k a year. That would be HUGE. I'm still going to go forth with my NH state residency anyway so RI doesn't chase me for taxes, but this is great news.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

So my boss is two steps away from the chopping block. Better late than never.

A friend's sister died last Friday and the funeral was a few days ago. She was 25 and one of those genuinely decent people it gives me stomach ulcers to be around.

Came home last night, went to bed. Slept straight through the night and woke up this morning thinking it was still only 11pm because I wake up every half hour and it was the first time I remembered waking up. It was actually 7 am. Went to breakfast. Came back, went back to sleep. Woke up at 2pm. Wooo!

I'm tired.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.