News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

BLOW-BY-BLOW PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE COVERAGE THREAD

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, October 03, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO IS WINNING AT THIS MOMENT?

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II
1 (4.2%)
MILTON MILLIONS ROMNEY JR.
2 (8.3%)
THE TERRORISTS
7 (29.2%)
THE MACHINE™
18 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 10, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

tyrannosaurus vex

So, let's pretend I'm just some random guy with no actual knowledge of the facts, who doesn't do any homework. You know, like 90% of Americans. All I got from this debate was "Yes you did"/"No I didn't," "Yes I did"/"No you didn't" bullshit. So, basically zero real information, just two jackasses pretending not to flirt with each other.

So the only thing I really have to go on is presentation, in that case. And here's the presentation I saw, in all honesty: Romney was smooth, on point, and persistent. Obama was timid, stuttering, and played defense the entire time. The few occasions where he went after Romney, he always used too many numbers and referred to "studies," which may or may not be accurate, since as Romney pointed out, you can find a study to back up any claim you want.

Now, since I really do know the facts, my decision isn't in question. But to someone who is just now starting to pay attention, it's pretty clear who won the debate.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

There are some deluded Democrats who claim that Obama was using this debate to get Romney to talk, and then hang him with his own words later.

I mean, Romney did talk a lot of shit last night.  And he got a lot of facts and numbers wrong. But just like Vex said, no one cares.  Everyone just took things at face values.  It's as if their attitudes were, "It must be true, it's a NUMBER!"

Juana

Huh, well, I said that earlier and I still think that's what they may have intended to do. But okay.

Did anyone else notice the three different death panels references from Mittens?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 04, 2012, 05:38:01 PM
There are some deluded Democrats who claim that Obama was using this debate to get Romney to talk, and then hang him with his own words later.

Problem:  The next debate isn't about domestic policy.

Problem:  He had enough to hang Romney at the beginning of the debate, and didn't use it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 04, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
Huh, well, I said that earlier and I still think that's what they may have intended to do. But okay.

Did anyone else notice the three different death panels references from Mittens?

Yeah, but here's the thing:  Debates don't sell the ideas, they sell the presence of the candidates.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Internet Jesus

Quote from: vȝx on October 04, 2012, 03:22:42 PM
In the future they won't even pretend the debates are about anything substantive. Instead of a stage, there'll be a boxing ring. And instead of questions, they'll just have a meter to see how loud the crowd gets every time one of the candidates says something. And instead of sentences, they'll speak in slogans.

Oh wait, that isn't the future.

If you smeeeeelllllllllllllllllll what Barack is cookin'.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 04, 2012, 06:06:44 PM
Quote from: vȝx on October 04, 2012, 03:22:42 PM
In the future they won't even pretend the debates are about anything substantive. Instead of a stage, there'll be a boxing ring. And instead of questions, they'll just have a meter to see how loud the crowd gets every time one of the candidates says something. And instead of sentences, they'll speak in slogans.

Oh wait, that isn't the future.

If you smeeeeelllllllllllllllllll what Barack is cookin'.

*Tries to bleach Obama Scorpion King image from brain*
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Quote from: Mark AmesOkay, Barry has this hilarious evil smirk that suggests he already knows the final results of the November election. I swear Putin used to smirk like that, and shit happened. Someone's giving Barry some bad information though, because he aint' Putin

Quote from: Mark AmesJust looked on twitter, liberals are shitting in their pants. They're learning for the first time that Obama is a) a technocrat, b) boring and passionless, c) a less dickish version of Romney. Not to not toot my horn, but I fucking called this in 2008. Toot! Toot!

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2012, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: Mark AmesOkay, Barry has this hilarious evil smirk that suggests he already knows the final results of the November election. I swear Putin used to smirk like that, and shit happened. Someone's giving Barry some bad information though, because he aint' Putin

Quote from: Mark AmesJust looked on twitter, liberals are shitting in their pants. They're learning for the first time that Obama is a) a technocrat, b) boring and passionless, c) a less dickish version of Romney. Not to not toot my horn, but I fucking called this in 2008. Toot! Toot!

Just for shits and grins, I watched MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech last night.

Turns out Obama is actually a shitty orator.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sasha-obama-asks-father-why-he-was-acting-like-suc,29795/

QuoteDENVER—Following last night's nationally televised presidential debate, President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Sasha reportedly asked her father why he was "acting like such a goddamned pussy up there." "Daddy, how come you were being such a little bitch?" asked the sixth-grader, who told the president she was "genuinely worried" that maybe somebody had "cut Daddy's balls off" right before he took the stage. "What happened, Dad? Were you on your period or something? Maybe the next time you're in front of the entire country for an hour and a half you should try not letting another man spank you on the ass like that." Sources added that Obama's youngest daughter then offered to help the president go "look for [his] dick, because apparently it's gone missing."
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on October 04, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/sasha-obama-asks-father-why-he-was-acting-like-suc,29795/

QuoteDENVER—Following last night's nationally televised presidential debate, President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Sasha reportedly asked her father why he was "acting like such a goddamned pussy up there." "Daddy, how come you were being such a little bitch?" asked the sixth-grader, who told the president she was "genuinely worried" that maybe somebody had "cut Daddy's balls off" right before he took the stage. "What happened, Dad? Were you on your period or something? Maybe the next time you're in front of the entire country for an hour and a half you should try not letting another man spank you on the ass like that." Sources added that Obama's youngest daughter then offered to help the president go "look for [his] dick, because apparently it's gone missing."

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Anna Mae Bollocks

Busted.  :lulz:
"Close up of Mitt Romney cheating during the debate on October 3rd 2012.
"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by any candidate."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQZ5_qdHLV8
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Kai

Quote from: vȝx on October 04, 2012, 07:15:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2012, 07:07:50 PM

Just for shits and grins, I watched MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech last night.

Turns out Obama is actually a shitty orator.

Yep. The last good orator in the White House was Mr. Clinton.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish