News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Exotic animal owner sets his zoo free, kills self.

Started by Disco Pickle, October 20, 2011, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/us/exotic-animal-owner/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

QuoteThompson freed dozens of exotic animals -- from Bengal tigers to grizzly bears to baboons -- setting off a frightening scenario outside Zanesville, a town of 25,000 in central Ohio. Authorities killed at least 49 animals, including 18 rare tigers.

:sad:
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Triple Zero

Quote from: CNNincluding 18 rare tigers.

As opposed to the common tiger, which is so ubiquitous in certain parts of the world that it is considered a pest.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 20, 2011, 01:19:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/us/exotic-animal-owner/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

QuoteThompson freed dozens of exotic animals -- from Bengal tigers to grizzly bears to baboons -- setting off a frightening scenario outside Zanesville, a town of 25,000 in central Ohio. Authorities killed at least 49 animals, including 18 rare tigers.

:sad:

This guy owned over 50 exotic animals. Clearly he was a productive citizen, and only released these animals because the free market demanded it.
Formerly something else...

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on October 25, 2011, 01:39:09 AM
I heard about this. Situation is FUCKED.

Edit: You know what gets my goat? There are absolutely no laws against ownership. There are federal laws against sale, but states often ignore these. Apparently there are private auctions of large cats every year in Ohio.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

20 miles or so from my home town.... hahahahaha

Ohio, what a show!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson