News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Though in all serious seriousness. A fair chunk of Vermont did in fact, used to be a sea, with whales. Seriously.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Eve on August 29, 2011, 10:41:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 29, 2011, 04:18:38 PM
FFS, on the bead lady forum someone posted a link to a covered bridge in Vermont getting washed out and people are all "I'm crying - that's so tragic!" and I'm thinking IT'S A GODDAMN BRIDGE. It's not like anyone was on it.

To be fair, historic covered bridges are a big thing for the more traditional of New Englanders. How will they make more Greetings From New England postcards without the covered bridges?

We kicked Vermont out of New England years ago. It's half Quebec and half exurbs of NY with a patina of patchouli on every surface. What they call "flooding", we call "washing away the hippie filth".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 29, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
It was windy.  I made a massive pot of Red Beans and Rice, and watched Season 5 of Dexter.  Then I farted.

The end.

I need to know: is this particular recipe in the LMNO thread?

AND DOES IT COME WITH READING MATERIAL?

navkat

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 30, 2011, 12:49:45 AM
FFS, on the bead lady forum someone posted a link to a covered bridge in Vermont getting washed out and people are all "I'm crying - that's so tragic!" and I'm thinking IT'S A GODDAMN BRIDGE. It's not like anyone was on it.

To be fair, historic covered bridges are a big thing for the more traditional of New Englanders. How will they make more Greetings From New England postcards without the covered bridges?

We kicked Vermont out of New England years ago. It's half Quebec and half exurbs of NY with a patina of patchouli on every surface. What they call "flooding", we call "washing away the hippie filth".

Always count on ECH for the nihilist POV...Cause we're Fair and Balanced around here.

Adios

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 30, 2011, 12:07:13 AM
Though in all serious seriousness. A fair chunk of Vermont did in fact, used to be a sea, with whales. Seriously.

So was the Sahara desert.

LMNO

Quote from: navkat on August 30, 2011, 10:59:54 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 29, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
It was windy.  I made a massive pot of Red Beans and Rice, and watched Season 5 of Dexter.  Then I farted.

The end.

I need to know: is this particular recipe in the LMNO thread?

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18015.msg636061#msg636061

QuoteAND DOES IT COME WITH READING MATERIAL?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: navkat on August 30, 2011, 11:04:30 AM

Always count on ECH for the nihilist POV...Cause we're Fair and Balanced around here.

Nah, nihilists believe in nothing. In the context of this discussion I believe in what I like to call "The Superiority of the Corners", meaning that if it's not someplace that's at the geographical directional limits of the American Empire, I probably don't have much use for it and would just as soon see it burn and/or drown. I can't help it that other people don't take my seething hatred of most of the USA seriously.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

navkat

Cain

Hold onto your salt water, boys.  The whales shall reclaim Vermont again!

Adios

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2011, 03:11:28 PM

I blame global climate change, melting all of that ice in the ocean.

navkat

Quote from: Pancho on August 30, 2011, 03:23:47 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2011, 03:11:28 PM

I blame global climate change, melting all of that ice in the ocean.

I blame Obama because he's black.

Adios

We had a very hard rain here this morning. It flooded the seat in my yard swing, FEMA will be by later to inspect it, I think they have enough money left for a replacement.

East Coast Hustle

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 30, 2011, 02:48:54 PM
Quote from: navkat on August 30, 2011, 11:04:30 AM

Nah, nihilists believe in nothing. In the context of this discussion I believe in what I like to call "The Superiority of the Corners", meaning that if it's not someplace that's at the geographical directional limits of the American Empire, I probably don't have much use for it and would just as soon see it burn and/or drown. I can't help it that other people don't take my seething hatred of most of the USA seriously.

This corner pretty much sucks.  Just saying.
Molon Lube