News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Tennessee spags, I need some local knowledge

Started by East Coast Hustle, February 16, 2012, 02:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I've got a 5 hour layover in Nashville on sunday afternoon. Anything worth seeing or doing within walking distance or a short cab ride from the airport?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

kingyak

My usual Nashville time-killers (about 20 minutes from the airport, I think):
http://mckaybooks.com/locations/nashville/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-great-escape-nashville-2

I could give you a huge list of places to eat too much damned food, but most of them are nowhere near the airport. The only one off the top of my head is a Turkish place near McKay's: http://anatolia-restaurant.com/

And of course there's all the touristy shit (Country Music Hall of Fame, Opry, etc.), but I haven't been to any of those since I was a kid, so I can't help you there. 
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: kingyak on February 16, 2012, 02:56:52 PM
And of course there's all the touristy shit (Country Music Hall of Fame, Opry, etc.), but I haven't been to any of those since I was a kid, so I can't help you there.

Plus, he'd have to spiritually decontaminate himself before returning to the airport.

And you know what THAT means...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 16, 2012, 04:52:57 PM
Quote from: kingyak on February 16, 2012, 02:56:52 PM

Plus, he'd have to spiritually decontaminate himself before returning to the airport.

And you know what THAT means...

Those poor fish.  :(

Those poor gourmands.  :cry:

Bruno

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 16, 2012, 02:34:35 AM
I've got a 5 hour layover in Nashville on sunday afternoon. Anything worth seeing or doing within walking distance or a short cab ride from the airport?

There's nothing in Nashville worth going to Nashville for.

For Grod's sake, though, don't set up any tents on public property or you may never leave Tennessee.
Formerly something else...

East Coast Hustle

Well, it's not like I wanted to have a 5 hour layover there. :lulz:

I was just hoping there might be a decent BBQ joint near the airport, or at least someplace sufficiently sleazy to grab some beers.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

kingyak

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 17, 2012, 02:43:05 PM

I was just hoping there might be a decent BBQ joint near the airport, or at least someplace sufficiently sleazy to grab some beers.

For the good BBQ you've got to drive either 2 hours northwest or 3 hours southwest.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Bruno

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 17, 2012, 02:43:05 PM

I was just saying. I live close to Nashville, but I never go there unless I have to. I asked some Nashville residents at work last night what there was to do near the airport. They said there was nothing worth a damn anywhere near the airport, but the airport may have a bar or something.
Formerly something else...