News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Sinners in the Hands of a Confused Goddess #3: Time

Started by Rupert Giles, July 26, 2004, 02:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert Giles

I hate it.

I don't know whether it's because of the fact I'm a rather powerful White Robe, because the grace of the God Solinari is upon me, because Mal2 is residing in my Pineal, or because my brain is really fucked up from drugs, but I just have a very poor concept of time.

But it's not really time so much, but as Time-Space.

Case in point:

I have this problem with doors.  See, to me, doors have a sort of mystical signifigance.  I believe that if you can find a door that is exactly the same as anouther, they are a gateway between those two places.  I also believe that if you open a door, it may not take you out into the hallway from your apartment, but It will take you somewhere interesting.

I have this problem with reality skipping around like a record someone plays.  I've gotten used to it.  Its probably one of those things that makes me crazy.  Like I swear to God, for a brief instant, about ten minutes ago, I was in a world where Farienheit 9/11 had just come out in Europe, but was not yet released in America.

I've also had occasions where I've existed in worlds where the North did not win the Civil War, where Columbus never 'discovered' America, and where Magic does work like it does in the movies.

It gets quite annoying, mainly because one of the worlds I've slipped sideways into, namely the world where Magic Does Work Like It Does in the Movies, was a really nice place to live.  No Gunpowder weapons.

But what makes me even madder is the fact that no living human being that I can seem to find and talk to understands this.  It's quite bothersome.

Bella

I believe that you should talk to Rev Verthaine.
He often travels the multiverse on a regular basis and will understand what you're experiencing.
In fact, there are several here on these forums who cross from one reality to another and back again.

Another who can relate is Daven and you can find him on this forum: http://www.dia.stgulik.net/phpBB/index.php
along with me and Hugh and Trollax. Daven routinely writes about alternate realities
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Horab Fibslager

i do all sorts of this sort of travelling, but i'm what the locals call a "hostile tourist" if i hadn't cornered the moist towelette market causing it to become teh gold standard in 37^19 universe, i don't think i'd be welcome in them. too bad it's such a pain in the ass to do as such in this aprticular one. wtf eh?
Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

The worst part about it is its getting harder and harder to control my jaunting into other worlds.  I'm worried some day I'll get stuck.

Horab Fibslager

fi you ever meet a doctor with no name, try to buy his magic police booth from him. it does an awful good job of movign foward, backward, side to side, an din and out, as well as it's far more spacious on the inside than it looks on the inside.

if you find on elaying about, lemme know, i lost mine  :cry:
Hell is other people.

namu

I wish I could slide between timelines of the multiverse, too :( I can only seem to time-lapse for a couple seconds, which is fine and dandy when you want to know what's going to happen if you accept that margarita, but no so for escaping the ambient madness...
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

Malaul

But what makes me even madder is the fact that no living human being that I can seem to find and talk to understands this. It's quite bothersome. maybe you should talk to folks who arent all human then

humans have a tendancy to be "stubborn" with non lineral thinking, no pun intended,,,

so I gotta agree with Bella Rev V would be a good person to talk too
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Rev Thwack

I on the other hand, would be a bad one to talk to about this.... I'm one of those that says "hey, let's see just how pronounced of an effect we can get" without every bothering to try and control it in the first place.

Although if you do ever decide that you want to get stuck, come talk to me.... I'm sure I could help you out with that.
My balls itch...

Bella

Yeah, I thought about you when I was answering his question, Thwak.
I know you can slide between universes, but they way you do it is unique and I'm not sure it would work for anyone else.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Rupert Giles

See, the thing is, if I'm a Planeswalker, I'm supposed to be able to do this at will.  Also, I'm supposed to be 'nigh-invulnerable,' to quote the Tick, as the only way to kill a Planeswalker is..

..nevermind that.

It's just truely annoying.  I wish I could find some part of the Shard of Dominaria exactly like this world, but where I was a millionaire.

Then I'd make my counterpart snuff it and assume his place.

And bring Malaul with me.

And some others from this board.

And we'd live the high life.

Malaul

Ive already got the high life

Im high on love  ::makes goo goo eyes at CC::

and coffee
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Rupert Giles

Quote from: MalaulIve already got the high life

Im high on love  ::makes goo goo eyes at CC::

and coffee

*Wriggles eyebrows*

Call me Amarou

namu

Quote from: Compositus ConfusioThen I'd make my counterpart snuff it and assume his place.

Why ? You could use a secret double. Want someone killed ? You can arrange for the perfect alibi.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

Malaul

Coito ergo sum

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Malaulsay what now?
whats tht from?

Amarou, my alterego from FLCL.