News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

You can't buy butthurt like that.  :lulz:

That last line is a fairly common viewpoint for people who breeze trough here. A few of my IRL friends has said more or less the same. Is it true do you suppose? Either way, those people are dead to me and will not be spared during the rebellion.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Phox

Quote from: Alty on March 17, 2012, 08:49:54 PM

That last line is a fairly common viewpoint for people who breeze trough here. A few of my IRL friends has said more or less the same. Is it true do you suppose? Either way, those people are dead to me and will not be spared during the rebellion.
I have noticed it seems to be the preemptive refuge of those who are afraid of being called out on that shit.

Cain

I think it is pretty much the standard, go to insult for use against people who can string a sentence together on the internet.  Not a Youtube comment, but still enough to piss you off?  Must be a pseudo-intellectual!  If more than one person disagrees, it's a circle-jerk.  And so on and so forth.

Phox

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2012, 05:24:58 AM
I think it is pretty much the standard, go to insult for use against people who can string a sentence together on the internet.  Not a Youtube comment, but still enough to piss you off?  Must be a pseudo-intellectual!  If more than one person disagrees, it's a circle-jerk.  And so on and so forth.
Seems about right.

Salty

Not here, but Squidday lays down the FIRE. And you know what? She changed my mind. At first I disagreed, then I got to the end and was like GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY CHAIR and I threw my chair. Then I picked it up and posted this.

Squiddy sez:
QuoteHow many people ITT are actually gonna vote anyway? "Oh I don't vote, my vote doesn't matter, blah blah fuck the system and the man". Whatever. Till Santorum or Romney wins, then maybe Ministry will make a good album or something. Right? I don't care where the fuck I have to vote as long as I make sure that those two RETARDED TURD FACTORIES are NOT in the white house. I'll fart the shit out of a church and flop a filthed tampon in the holy water vessel and then drop my vote for ANYONE but those anus slimers. If fucking Barney the dinosaur was running against them he'd have my vote. FUCK! I can write it in! Anyone but those jizz guzzling "religious" money grubbing, businessmen. Fuck those guys and fuck the retarded religious america that thinks these shit popsicles want anything more than to keep sucking taxes out of me and you and their sorry uneducated asses. These skid marked tattered old man panties prey on ignorance and fear. The dumber the people are, the more likely they are to ruin what tiny shred of... fuck it. I'm sure I'm just yelling at a deaf wall. If you don't want to vote, at least write in something stupid on your fucking ballot. Vote for the flying spaghetti monster even. Then vote no for all the judges terms to be renewed. If you don't want to "make it count", then MAKE IT COUNT... in a totally twisted sick badwrong way. It's what Eris would want. You wanna piss her off? Remember the last time...?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on April 03, 2012, 06:36:55 AM
Not here, but Squidday lays down the FIRE. And you know what? She changed my mind. At first I disagreed, then I got to the end and was like GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY CHAIR and I threw my chair. Then I picked it up and posted this.

Squiddy sez:
QuoteHow many people ITT are actually gonna vote anyway? "Oh I don't vote, my vote doesn't matter, blah blah fuck the system and the man". Whatever. Till Santorum or Romney wins, then maybe Ministry will make a good album or something. Right? I don't care where the fuck I have to vote as long as I make sure that those two RETARDED TURD FACTORIES are NOT in the white house. I'll fart the shit out of a church and flop a filthed tampon in the holy water vessel and then drop my vote for ANYONE but those anus slimers. If fucking Barney the dinosaur was running against them he'd have my vote. FUCK! I can write it in! Anyone but those jizz guzzling "religious" money grubbing, businessmen. Fuck those guys and fuck the retarded religious america that thinks these shit popsicles want anything more than to keep sucking taxes out of me and you and their sorry uneducated asses. These skid marked tattered old man panties prey on ignorance and fear. The dumber the people are, the more likely they are to ruin what tiny shred of... fuck it. I'm sure I'm just yelling at a deaf wall. If you don't want to vote, at least write in something stupid on your fucking ballot. Vote for the flying spaghetti monster even. Then vote no for all the judges terms to be renewed. If you don't want to "make it count", then MAKE IT COUNT... in a totally twisted sick badwrong way. It's what Eris would want. You wanna piss her off? Remember the last time...?

RAH SQUID!

That said, I tell people I don't vote, but not because I don't think my vote counts. I do it because I have a right to not vote if I don't want to, and I enjoy their panties getting all bunched up as they try to explain to me that not voting is anti-democratic and shouldn't be allowed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Alty on March 17, 2012, 08:49:54 PM

Yes it's true. But also no it's not.

OHOHOHOH QUIT THE ZEN AND TELL US MORE TRIPZIP

Uh I mean that a lot of people share that viewpoint and to them it's certainly true. To them, we're certainly like that. On the other hand, whether that viewpoint is *accurate* is another question. I'd say in general, it's not very accurate.

But the important part is, people subscribing to this inaccurate viewpoint tend to make it into a self-fulfilling prophecy not just by the Law of Fives, but also by a sort of quarter-experiment type of effect, calling it out over themselves.

When I just got to PD, it took me a while before understanding this, and understanding why I'm different because I stuck around, after all, and why it's generally better for people to piss off when they are like that. Especially if they do it within their first two posts. It's like putting down a puppy before you get all woozy feelings about it.

THANK YOU TRIP THAT WAS BORING PLEASE STICK TO THE ZEN NON SEQUITURS NEXT TIME

BUT ALSO DON'T
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Nigel on April 03, 2012, 05:20:55 PM

Squiddy sez:

RAH SQUID!

That said, I tell people I don't vote, but not because I don't think my vote counts. I do it because I have a right to not vote if I don't want to, and I enjoy their panties getting all bunched up as they try to explain to me that not voting is anti-democratic and shouldn't be allowed.

Weirdly enough, Nigel, it was a post from you on how making people think they're in the minority is a tool of the power elite that best articulated my feelings on why voting is best left compulsory (in Oz).

When someone says 'I dont vote' I don't think of one vote not happening. I think of their community who feel and act the same and the pressures (or endorsement) they put on eachother to continue to do so.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on April 10, 2012, 01:29:24 PM

Squiddy sez:

RAH SQUID!

Weirdly enough, Nigel, it was a post from you on how making people think they're in the minority is a tool of the power elite that best articulated my feelings on why voting is best left compulsory (in Oz).

When someone says 'I dont vote' I don't think of one vote not happening. I think of their community who feel and act the same and the pressures (or endorsement) they put on eachother to continue to do so.

When 2/3 of the eligible voters don't vote because they think their vote doesn't matter, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

However, there are also other pressures that reduce voting. Voting is made very difficult or impossible for poor people and people of color. Instead of making voting compulsory, making voting day a mandatory paid holiday, making it easy to register to vote, and making polling places more accessible would do more to stimulate voter turnout than making it legally mandatory would. Making it legally mandatory would just penalize those for whom voting is already difficult.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

My vote in my last district was worth nothing.  My Parliamentary seat has been Conservative since before World War One, and any vote for any other party was automatically a waste - he beat the nearest contender by 8 points, a not so small amount, when one considers there were five parties on the ballot.

Under a UK voting system, a party frequently gets into government despite a good 70% of the country either voting against it, or not voting for it.  No matter which party gets in, it finds its political options constrained not by popular opinion, but by inter-party factions, mass media comglomerates, bond markets, investment bankers and the ever-present influence of Beijing, Brussels, Moscow, Riyadh and, most importantly, Washington D.C.

But, you know, power to the people etc.

Bu🤠ns

NewSpag

Squiddy sez:

RAH SQUID!

As a newly registered voter I most definitely plan on going to my polling place and casting my ballot.  However I have a few ideas about what I'm going to do while I'm there rather than vote :wink:
QuoteOne day I realized life was pointless.  I've been celebrating ever since.
There's beauty in everything so lets destroy it all together.
Sometimes Always is Never.  For everything else there's Mastercard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2012, 09:54:44 AM
50,000 years from now, all our clocks are gonna be messed up.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: v3x on May 20, 2012, 08:44:47 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2012, 08:39:38 PM

I don't see a problem here. Billy clubs and riot gear have never interfered with my TV reception...

:lulz: on both counts

Placid Dingo

On Zimmerman;

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 02, 2012, 07:44:38 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on June 02, 2012, 01:07:17 PM
If your whole case lies in getting the jury to believe your version of events as truth... this is a bang up way to start.

Maybe the money snuck up on him while he was walking back to his truck.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.