News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on August 20, 2016, 11:59:55 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 20, 2016, 11:45:48 PM
I have some nutbag on OKC asking me for advice on starting The Revolution and immediately ignoring it. It's hilariously predictable.

:lulz:  Oh, OKC.  There is so much lail in your userbase.

I haven't logged in for so long. I should check to see whether my inbox is full of messages from clueless old men and 20-year-old thirsties looking for a cougar, like it usually is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today has been a satisfying day. We went for a run to the park with Li'l Alty, planned a homemade soda-maker, cleaned the dining room, put up some art, and are kicking back for a little Skyrimming and maybe Rust.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 21, 2016, 04:23:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2016, 06:58:19 AM
I have some nutbag on OKC asking me for advice on starting The Revolution and immediately ignoring it. It's hilariously predictable.

why would you ignore the revolution?  It doesn't seem like you're really into this.   :lulz:

I'm just not dreaming big enough, I guess. If I just YELLED MORE and USED MORE ELLIPSIS............we could END ALL POLITICAL PARTIES.....and fix public education......what a great time to be alive................

The ellipses thing used to be the sole province of right wing nutjobs.  I guess they really are all the same when you get far enough from the center.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 21, 2016, 09:17:45 PM

I haven't logged in for so long. I should check to see whether my inbox is full of messages from clueless old men and 20-year-old thirsties looking for a cougar, like it usually is.

You get all the best (read: gross/hilarious) messages, those that you posted in that thread, anyway.

I logged in last night to see if I had any fuckery after a two month hiatus, and only found a message from a guy who was down to be just friends and another that I messaged way back.  It was nice not finding anything gross in there.

LMNO

I'm in Provincetown, Where Heterosexuals Are The MinorityTM, and guess who showed up yesterday?  Hillary Clinton and Cher.

I got the fuck out to the beach and let everything blow over -- but not before I saw the protesters.  Not Trump protesters, they probably believe their genitals would spontaneously combust if they approached such a large number of queers.  Stein/Bernie protesters.

But, as we might expect, they sounded EXACTLY like Trump protesters.  I shit you not, they even were using the "Crooked Hillary" moniker, and the "Jail her" chant.  Proof that a nutbag is a nutbag, regardless of political affinity.

Q. G. Pennyworth

We just found out the husband is going to be a granddad. (I will not be a grandma, because it's the kid from his first marriage). Holy Fuck.

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO on August 22, 2016, 02:42:16 PM
I'm in Provincetown, Where Heterosexuals Are The MinorityTM, and guess who showed up yesterday?  Hillary Clinton and Cher.

I got the fuck out to the beach and let everything blow over -- but not before I saw the protesters.  Not Trump protesters, they probably believe their genitals would spontaneously combust if they approached such a large number of queers.  Stein/Bernie protesters.

But, as we might expect, they sounded EXACTLY like Trump protesters.  I shit you not, they even were using the "Crooked Hillary" moniker, and the "Jail her" chant.  Proof that a nutbag is a nutbag, regardless of political affinity.

Provincetown, Where Heterosexuals Are The Minority and Hillary dates Cher . . . now that's my American Dream!
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

The nutbag escalation between this cycle and last only makes me more certain that the next one is going to be even funnier. Neither of the current candidates strike me as a good loser so it may even just be the same again only turned up to 11.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on August 22, 2016, 02:46:41 AM

You get all the best (read: gross/hilarious) messages, those that you posted in that thread, anyway.

I logged in last night to see if I had any fuckery after a two month hiatus, and only found a message from a guy who was down to be just friends and another that I messaged way back.  It was nice not finding anything gross in there.

I looked, and all I found was an old guy who likes my name, and some random who just messaged me "I'm still looking".  :lulz: Either I'm too old for the pervs, they've actually started reading my profile, or, more likely, OKC is losing membership to the other services so there just aren't as many thirsties on there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's a reason so many Bernie supporters are talking about voting for Trump or the Libertarian. A bunch of them are just looking for something to buy into, and they aren't too picky as long as it promises to ignore women and black people.

Suu

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 22, 2016, 07:56:08 PM

There's a reason so many Bernie supporters are talking about voting for Trump or the Libertarian. A bunch of them are just looking for something to buy into, and they aren't too picky as long as it promises to ignore women and black people.

As a former-Bernie supporter (and now Hillary supporter), I don't understand the pull to Gary Johnson. You want to be edgy and vote for Trump, sure, whatever, it'll be hilarious to watch you cry when your friends are shipped to the concentration camps and you wonder why, but Johnson literally stands for everything Bernie was against. I think the only thing that is doing it is that Johnson wants to legalize weed, because, well, Libertarian, but the man is adamantly against social programs of any kind, and a supporter of the 1% under the guise of smaller government. He's a turdburglar. 

I guess it must be nice to be that fucking oblivious to how the system actually works under the pretense of "going against the establishment." Or more so, that fucking privileged to throw your vote to assholes who can ruin the lives of minorities.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 22, 2016, 07:54:01 PM
Quote from: Freeky on August 22, 2016, 02:46:41 AM

I looked, and all I found was an old guy who likes my name, and some random who just messaged me "I'm still looking".  :lulz:
What even are people thinking?  :lulz:

QuoteEither I'm too old for the pervs, they've actually started reading my profile, or, more likely, OKC is losing membership to the other services so there just aren't as many thirsties on there.

OKC's desktop mode is clunky and murders my computer, so that's no surprise when everyone wants SUPAFAST ON MAH PHONE THING!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SuuCal on August 22, 2016, 09:29:05 PM

As a former-Bernie supporter (and now Hillary supporter), I don't understand the pull to Gary Johnson. You want to be edgy and vote for Trump, sure, whatever, it'll be hilarious to watch you cry when your friends are shipped to the concentration camps and you wonder why, but Johnson literally stands for everything Bernie was against. I think the only thing that is doing it is that Johnson wants to legalize weed, because, well, Libertarian, but the man is adamantly against social programs of any kind, and a supporter of the 1% under the guise of smaller government. He's a turdburglar. 

I guess it must be nice to be that fucking oblivious to how the system actually works under the pretense of "going against the establishment." Or more so, that fucking privileged to throw your vote to assholes who can ruin the lives of minorities.

Honestly, I think that a lot of people are willing to make that completely illogical jump because they never had any principles to begin with, and are just looking for someone to give them some. You see the same thing in people who abandon religion and become vehemently, rabidly Atheist, and then convert to some religion or another and are just as vehement and rabid, and then switch again, and so on. It's one reason I don't trust True Believers; they tend to be as fickle as they are fanatical, and to lack internal moral fiber.

Pergamos

Quote from: SuuCal on August 22, 2016, 09:29:05 PM

I am a former Sanders supporter (now Stein)  I could never support Johnson, his avid support of private prisons alone horrifies me, but he is the top polling third party candidate and on the ballot in all 50 states.  People who want to vote 3rd party and still be counted as effecting the election (Johnson has a chance to tilt a few states from Trump to Clinton) certainly have reason to vote for him.  His worst aspects are lessened by the fact his chances of winning are tiny, and either party taking steps to win over weed smokers who oppose foreign intervention would be lovely.

Cain

I'm not going to lie - as I get older, watching any tv show with a cast whose characters are meant to be teenagers can be pretty awkward.  All the scenes in Scream with Carlson Young were getting me worried until I checked and found out she's only a couple of years younger than I am.  This has reduced the awkwardness considerably, but still...