News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Was Douglas Adams a Discordian?

Started by Dimocritus, August 01, 2009, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

well I like THHGTTG too much to let this new book spoil it for me, so I'm gonna wait and see too, and if in any way possible I'm going to enjoy it.

also I didnt like the DG series as much as THHGTTG (all the books except the before-last one that one's a bit tedious imo), problem with DG for me is that the story simply is not finished. all the books have a very unfinished feel to me, and the third one (publish in the Salmon of Doubt) actually really isnt finished because they reconstructed it from files on his computer ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

I didn't realize that there was a DG piece in Salmon of Doubt. I own it but I only skimmed through it. For one reason or another it didn't seem to hold my attention. It's been a while since I've given it a look, maybe I'll dig it out and give it another shot.

Dimocritus

Incidentally, I'm writing a Sci-Fi novel with humorous undertones, in the same vein, but in no way the same, as THHGTTG. If there's anyone who wants to give me a little constructive criticism (key word: Constructive) let me know. I could really use it...

LMNO

Captain Utopia

Quote from: LMNO on August 12, 2009, 07:16:40 PM
www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.
AmateurTip: Allocate at least four hours, used tabbed browsing, open up a new tab for everything which even remotely sparks your interest, and get lost.

Cain

I had, at one point, over 100 entries on that site bookmarked.

On the other hand, I do have a great premise for a novel...I just need to finish off the research and write it...

Dimocritus

www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.

Can I get constructive criticism and feedback here?

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Dimo1138 on August 13, 2009, 01:46:57 AM
www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.

Bring'n'brag might be a better section once you have something to present which can be critiqued.

Dimocritus

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 13, 2009, 02:51:40 AM
www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.

Bring'n'brag might be a better section once you have something to present which can be critiqued.

Thanks.

LMNO

www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.

No, but you can find you the majority of plot points, characters, and storytelling techniques there, and how to do them right, and how to do them wrong.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 13, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
www.tvtropes.com

It really will help.

No, but you can find you the majority of plot points, characters, and storytelling techniques there, and how to do them right, and how to do them wrong.

Fair enough. Although, I am attending college for English and writing, I'm sure I'll pick up some of that stuff there. BTW, I sent you a copy. Chiggity-check yo' E-mail.

LMNO

Trust me: If you're any kind of writer, www.tvtropes.com will be like drinking scotch in a hot tub getting a blowjob from a chick with gills.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on August 13, 2009, 07:20:38 PM
Trust me: If you're any kind of writer, www.tvtropes.com will be like drinking scotch in a hot tub getting a blowjob from a chick with gills.

Fair enough. That reminds me of last weekend. There was no scotch or blow jobs from fishy broads, but I was relaxing in a heated swimming pool with nothing but my boxers, eating NY system with a cooler of PBR's floating right next to me 'till six in the morn'.