News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Was L Ron Hubbard a Discordian?

Started by Faust, August 09, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on August 11, 2009, 12:35:56 AM
Quote from: Havok on August 10, 2009, 10:22:36 PM
No.

well you would say that, 4chan apologist and all
In fact 4chans pissy little fits at scientology are what makes me think maybe he did just create scientology for the money and shits and giggles.

I think the shits and giggles is the part that's in question.  Wasn't money explicitly part of the plan?

Bu🤠ns

Old penthouse interview with Elron's son:
http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html

With notable gems such as:

QuotePenthouse: Did he write the book off the top of his head? Did he do any real research?

Hubbard: No research at all. When he has answered that question over the years, his answer has changed according to which biography he was writing. Sometimes he used to write a new biography every week. He usually said that he had put thirty years of research into the book. But no, he did not. What he did, reaily, was take bits and pieces from other people and put them together in a blender and stir them all up --and out came Dianetics! All the examples in the book --some 200 "real-life experiences" --were just the result of his obsessions with abortions and unconscious states... In fact, the vast majority of those incidents were invented off the top of his head. The rest stem from his own secret life, which was deeply involved in the occult and black-magic. That involvement goes back to when he was sixteen, living in Washington. D.C. He got hold of the book by Alistair Crowley called The Book of Law. He was very interested in several things that were the creation of what some people call the Moon Child. It was basically an attempt to create an immaculate conception --except by Satan rather than by God. Another important idea was the creation of what they call embryo implants --of getting a satanic or demonic spirit to inhabit the body of a fetus. This would come about as a result of black-magic rituals, which included the use of hypnosis, drugs, and other dangerous and destructive practices. One of the important things was to destroy the evidence if you failed at this immaculate conception. That's how my father became obsessed with abortions. I have a memory of this that goes back to when I was six years old. It is certainly a problem for my father and for Scientology that I rememoer this. It was around 1939, 1940, that I watched my father doing something to my mother. She was lying on the bed and he was sitting on her, facing her feet. He had a coat hanger in his hand. There was blood all over the place. I remember my father shouting at me. "Go back to bed!" A little while later a doctor came and took her off to the hospital. She didn't talk about it for quite a number of years. Neither did my father.

and:

QuotePenthouse: You were sixteen years old at that time. What did you believe in?

Hubbard: I believed in Satanism. There was no other religion in the house! Scientology and black magic. What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works. Also, you've got to realize that my father did not worship Satan. He thought he was Satan. He was one with Satan. He had a direct pipeline of communication and power with him. My father wouldn't have worshiped anything. I mean, when you think you're the most powerful being in the universe, you have no respect for anything, let alone worship.

Remington

No.

In fact 4chans pissy little fits at scientology are what makes me think maybe he did just create scientology for the money and shits and giggles.
I've never been to 4chan, try again.
Is it plugged in?

WyrdKitten

I wonder how many religions did start out as a joke.

Besides Discordianism - obviously.

Faust

Quote from: Havok on August 11, 2009, 05:48:53 AM
No.

I'm just going off your comment about trolling 4chan being like pissing in the ocean if that was you, It could have been anyone with a V avatar, in which case I' sorry.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Burns on August 11, 2009, 02:20:13 AM
Old penthouse interview with Elron's son:
http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html

With notable gems such as:

QuotePenthouse: Did he write the book off the top of his head? Did he do any real research?

Hubbard: No research at all. When he has answered that question over the years, his answer has changed according to which biography he was writing. Sometimes he used to write a new biography every week. He usually said that he had put thirty years of research into the book. But no, he did not. What he did, reaily, was take bits and pieces from other people and put them together in a blender and stir them all up --and out came Dianetics! All the examples in the book --some 200 "real-life experiences" --were just the result of his obsessions with abortions and unconscious states... In fact, the vast majority of those incidents were invented off the top of his head. The rest stem from his own secret life, which was deeply involved in the occult and black-magic. That involvement goes back to when he was sixteen, living in Washington. D.C. He got hold of the book by Alistair Crowley called The Book of Law. He was very interested in several things that were the creation of what some people call the Moon Child. It was basically an attempt to create an immaculate conception --except by Satan rather than by God. Another important idea was the creation of what they call embryo implants --of getting a satanic or demonic spirit to inhabit the body of a fetus. This would come about as a result of black-magic rituals, which included the use of hypnosis, drugs, and other dangerous and destructive practices. One of the important things was to destroy the evidence if you failed at this immaculate conception. That's how my father became obsessed with abortions. I have a memory of this that goes back to when I was six years old. It is certainly a problem for my father and for Scientology that I rememoer this. It was around 1939, 1940, that I watched my father doing something to my mother. She was lying on the bed and he was sitting on her, facing her feet. He had a coat hanger in his hand. There was blood all over the place. I remember my father shouting at me. "Go back to bed!" A little while later a doctor came and took her off to the hospital. She didn't talk about it for quite a number of years. Neither did my father.

and:

QuotePenthouse: You were sixteen years old at that time. What did you believe in?

Hubbard: I believed in Satanism. There was no other religion in the house! Scientology and black magic. What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works. Also, you've got to realize that my father did not worship Satan. He thought he was Satan. He was one with Satan. He had a direct pipeline of communication and power with him. My father wouldn't have worshiped anything. I mean, when you think you're the most powerful being in the universe, you have no respect for anything, let alone worship.

hahaha oh wow, this thread was a parody but these quotes just made with completely worth while
Edit: that entire interview is stunning.

Bu🤠ns

Granted the interviewee was a bullshitter for the bullshitters but it seems kind of strange to make it ALL up.

LMNO

Also keep in mind that Crowley wasn't a Satanist, so... Yeah.

Bu🤠ns

Yeah, I think it's pretty apparent that Hubbard Jr. does not know his Thelema.

Remington

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on August 11, 2009, 10:42:59 AM
Quote from: Havok on August 11, 2009, 05:48:53 AM
No.

I'm just going off your comment about trolling 4chan being like pissing in the ocean if that was you, It could have been anyone with a V avatar, in which case I' sorry.
That was me, it's just that I wasn't speaking from personal experience. More from common knowledge, really.
Is it plugged in?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Burns on August 11, 2009, 07:51:36 PM
Yeah, I think it's pretty apparent that Hubbard Jr. does not know his Thelema.

Or he does and he's trolling.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

KopyKat253

Its fairly apparent that Hubbard was full of enough shit that he is clearly a deranged mad man like our great Lord Omar. Proof enough for me that weather or not he knew it, Hubbard is a discordian.
8)
Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.

the other anonymous

We are all popes!

KopyKat: My Lord Omar, not yours!

-toa,
the reincarnation of elron hubbard

Faust

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 06, 2009, 01:59:32 AM
Its fairly apparent that Hubbard was full of enough shit that he is clearly a deranged mad man like our great Lord Omar. Proof enough for me that weather or not he knew it, Hubbard is a discordian.
8)
Well see thats what tipped me off, but unlike omar, St Hubbard was successful, so its kind of 50-50 in my mind.

KopyKat253

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on November 06, 2009, 02:58:39 AM
Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 06, 2009, 01:59:32 AM
8)
Well see thats what tipped me off, but unlike omar, St Hubbard was successful, so its kind of 50-50 in my mind.

I think the difference between the two is that Hubbard preys on the cabbage, Mr. toas lord Omar just eats them.
8)
Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.