News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Where's the wingnut thread?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 01, 2014, 05:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Rep__Lawrence_Lockman_says_he_regrets_divisive_statements_.html

QuoteThe post by Maine People's Alliance activist Mike Tipping mined press clippings to unearth several offensive comments. In one, Lockman implied that HIV and AIDS could be spread by bed sheets and mosquitoes. In another, he said that the progressive movement assisted the AIDS epidemic by assuring "the public that the practice of sodomy is a legitimate alternative lifestyle, rather than a perverted and depraved crime against humanity." In a 1995 letter in the Sun Journal in Lewiston, a reader quoted a press statement by Lockman, then part of the Pro Life Education Association, saying, "If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist's pursuit of sexual freedom doesn't (in most cases) result in anyone's death."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Wow.  Just wow.

"If you filthy sluts are going to get abortions, then we should be able to rape you."

Nigel, you were saying something about the right thrashing around in panic.  The fact that they let this guy speak out loud, in public, is merely further proof of that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

It's quite impressive.

"Rape's OK as long as you don't kill 'em when you're done".

The more I picture what politics will look like in 25-50 years, the more I laugh.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 03, 2014, 01:14:56 PM
It's quite impressive.

"Rape's OK as long as you don't kill 'em when you're done".

The more I picture what politics will look like in 25-50 years, the more I laugh.

What you're watching is an earthworm dying, not a mutalisk being born.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

I wish I had your confidence sometimes. I can just see times when guy like this are remembered as weak-knees moderates.

That said, behaviour like this should surely be encouraged. I may have to write a letter to him.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
Wow.  Just wow.

"If you filthy sluts are going to get abortions, then we should be able to rape you."

Nigel, you were saying something about the right thrashing around in panic.  The fact that they let this guy speak out loud, in public, is merely further proof of that.

Yep.

Most of these are old quotes, but even so. It reeks of desperation.

Reminds me of a smothering, needy boyfriend; as soon as they feel like you're slipping out from under control, that's when they start just trying to tear you down and tell you what a horrible person you are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 03, 2014, 01:19:30 PM
I wish I had your confidence sometimes. I can just see times when guy like this are remembered as weak-knees moderates.

That said, behaviour like this should surely be encouraged. I may have to write a letter to him.

When you show me a cadre of young fresh-faced politicians who think this way and say these things, I'll worry. For the most part, the ones I'm seeing are all older, and that means that in 20-25 years they'll be dead.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 02:22:45 PM

When you show me a cadre of young fresh-faced politicians who think this way and say these things, I'll worry. For the most part, the ones I'm seeing are all older, and that means that in 20-25 years they'll be dead.

There are a few younger ones, but they're teabaggers who won't be around long enough to matter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As the great Max Planck said, "Science progresses one funeral at a time". Same can be said for politics.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

There are a few younger ones, but they're teabaggers who won't be around long enough to matter.

Yeah, the young ones I've seen all seem to be pretty fringey.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 02:27:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

Yeah, the young ones I've seen all seem to be pretty fringey.

They got elected on outrage at a Black president.  Why anyone would expect them to act differently and not be a public fucking embarrassment to their constituents is beyond me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2014, 02:24:40 PM
As the great Max Planck said, "Science progresses one funeral at a time". Same can be said for politics.

Hell, yeah.

Suu

Possibly irrelevant, but RWHN hails from the Auburn-Lewiston area. It seems once you get North of Portland, there's not much political sanity left in Maine, except for ECHland.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."