News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

GASM: Reply To All

Started by Cramulus, November 01, 2010, 03:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Sjaako

I made some replies to this thread: http://www.debate.org/forums/society/topic/17897/ which I found because cram posted it on facebook.

Placid Dingo

Somewhat amusing.

http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8148&hilit=Discordianism

Accuses Wilson of promoting Capitalism and pander to the bored upper classes amongst other things.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on February 26, 2012, 12:26:25 PM
Somewhat amusing.

Accuses Wilson of promoting Capitalism and pander to the bored upper classes amongst other things.

I registered and posted.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder if we're bugging them yet?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Wel,, "Information:The requested topic does not exist."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

It got merged after Coyote showed up.

Try this one: hxxp://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8083
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on February 27, 2012, 02:33:43 PM
It got merged after Coyote showed up.

Try this one: hxxp://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8083

And now the thread doesn't make sense. I hate it when admins do that because they don't understand what's being discussed and think that because two conversations are tangentially connected they should just be merged.

Cain

Quote from: Placid Dingo on February 26, 2012, 12:26:25 PM
Somewhat amusing.

It's certainly a good thing that the bored upper classes have never pretended to be "anarcho-punks" on the internet.

I mean, I take their point about Wilson, but, people in glass houses and all that...

Oysters Rockefeller

This is brilliant, and I'm a little dissapointed I didn't see it earlier.

I'm in as well.

EDIT: Just realized this is kind of old. Whoopsie.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on April 06, 2012, 09:22:09 PM
This is brilliant, and I'm a little dissapointed I didn't see it earlier.

I'm in as well.

EDIT: Just realized this is kind of old. Whoopsie.

That's not a bad thing.

A group long troll well done has people joining at different stages until the target board is thoroughly infiltrated, and people joining in periodically has a way of reviving everyone's interest in the troll.

Placid Dingo

A good quote on a Christian forum.

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=45339

QuoteWell SpagLard, I would have to say that to form a view on something one would have to understand it, and reading through the various bits and pieces on the link you provided I must admit to almost complete incomprehension.....

In fact, it all read more like a Monty Python script, but without the laughs, despite a mention of "subversive humour". One thing I did pick up on though was the idea of seeking to prevent the beliefs becoming dogmatic, which bought to mind a zen story on "Finding a Piece of the Truth"

"One day Mara, the Evil One, was travelling through the villages of India with his attendants. he saw a man doing walking meditation whose face was lit up on wonder. The man had just discovered something on the ground in front of him. Mara's attendant asked what that was and Mara replied, "A piece of truth."

"Doesn't this bother you when someone finds a piece of truth, O Evil One?" his attendant asked. "No," Mara replied. "Right after this, they usually make a belief out of it.""

Maybe if all religions could learn the trick of preventing dogmatism - or what perhaps could be called "the letter of the law" - then there may well have been more peace between the various faiths.

And a final word, concerning the small hint that much of this could be likened to "zen". I would just say that traditionally, and historically, those who sought to become zen monks would spend many years in the monastery doing the most menial of tasks and studying the various Scriptures before they got near the "master" and his various enigmatic sayings. It seems that with Discordianism one can start straight away with the enigmatic, thus opening the way to pure human stupidity.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 22, 2012, 07:59:13 AM
A good quote on a Christian forum.

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=45339

QuoteWell SpagLard, I would have to say that to form a view on something one would have to understand it, and reading through the various bits and pieces on the link you provided I must admit to almost complete incomprehension.....

In fact, it all read more like a Monty Python script, but without the laughs, despite a mention of "subversive humour". One thing I did pick up on though was the idea of seeking to prevent the beliefs becoming dogmatic, which bought to mind a zen story on "Finding a Piece of the Truth"

"One day Mara, the Evil One, was travelling through the villages of India with his attendants. he saw a man doing walking meditation whose face was lit up on wonder. The man had just discovered something on the ground in front of him. Mara's attendant asked what that was and Mara replied, "A piece of truth."

"Doesn't this bother you when someone finds a piece of truth, O Evil One?" his attendant asked. "No," Mara replied. "Right after this, they usually make a belief out of it.""

Maybe if all religions could learn the trick of preventing dogmatism - or what perhaps could be called "the letter of the law" - then there may well have been more peace between the various faiths.

And a final word, concerning the small hint that much of this could be likened to "zen". I would just say that traditionally, and historically, those who sought to become zen monks would spend many years in the monastery doing the most menial of tasks and studying the various Scriptures before they got near the "master" and his various enigmatic sayings. It seems that with Discordianism one can start straight away with the enigmatic, thus opening the way to pure human stupidity.

Ok, this is definitely worth keeping an eye on. I think I have an idea who SpagLard is and they seem to be on a bit of a trolling mission.

Placid Dingo

Mesozoic Mister Nigel