News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

"El Chapo" escapes prison AGAIN.

Started by The Johnny, July 12, 2015, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

http://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias/2015/07/150712_mexico_chapo_guzman_fuga_detalles_wbm.shtml

QuoteOne year ago, after recapturing Joaquín Guzmán Loera, "El Chapo", mexican authorities assured there didnt exist the possibility that the druglord would escape again.

But it wasnt as they said.

:lulz:

A year and a half later, a mile of quality tunnels 30ft under the ground, leading directly to the showers and hes gone again.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

The only shocking thing is that it took that long.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 12, 2015, 11:58:31 PM
The only shocking thing is that it took that long.

Sometimes it's just nice to just get away from the office for a while, maybe he needed a breather.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

And so El Chapo escapes much like he dealt drugs - with the repeatedly denied complicity of the Mexican state.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

I wonder if someone in the Mexican government OKd Guzman's escape because the Sinaloa Cartel (which reminder, is the USA and Mexican government's preferred winner of the Mexican drug war) hasn't been doing so hot lately.

It was already having issues maintaining control over its cadet branches and minor allies even before Guzman was put away, but that process has accelerated considerably since then.  Based on what I've heard about Guzman's previous prison stint, he practically ran the prison anyway, having private cells outfitted with TVs and alcohol, a retinue of hookers visiting frequently...he didn't have any problems running the cartel from the inside.

Except, him being there does slow the process up.  Even the prison guards are going to observe some rules, and command and control is infinitely easier when its on your terms.

So someone made arrangements, helped spring him, in hope he will put the Sinaloa back on the path of glory.  Or at least competently fighting Los Zetas and their allies.

The Wizard Joseph

I recall hearing on NPR today that the shower was the only place "off camera" to escape from. A small hole like 2 dozen cm or so wide and the floor only a few cm thick, I assume no foundation, leading to miles of tunnel complete with bike, god knows what else.

Doing that dig blind would be nearly impossible.
Also there's probably footage somewhere nobody will survive publication of if you're correct about running things from inside.
It could be exactly for the reasons you describe, but I know nothing there. I DO know this was timed and executed in a fashion impossible without extraordinary knowledge and precision.  MexGov just might have done it!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Theres allegations that no such tunnel exists and that he walked out the front door.

Theres also the coincidence with healthcare reforms passing.

Anything and everything is possible in Mexico.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Quote from: The Johnny on July 17, 2015, 08:51:13 AM
Anything and everything is possible in Mexico.

Mexico: a more optimistic Tucson.

Cain

Quote from: The Johnny on July 17, 2015, 08:51:13 AM

Theres allegations that no such tunnel exists and that he walked out the front door.

Isn't that essentially what happened last time?

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS