News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

So I've been lost in the Facebooks...

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, July 16, 2015, 08:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I've mostly been hanging out in Atheists vs Christians and to a lesser extent Atheists vs Theists Death Battle, and recently playfully describing myself as a Gozer worshipper (though it is generally known by people who have known me there for a while that I am a Discordian). Death Battle had a thread over the weekend urging people to do a rap battle sort of thing, so I came up with these two, which I am now saving here for posterity and for your enjoyment and critique.

Some of you may have confessions of faith
Or put stake in thinking it's a waste to worship a wraith
Some of you might be concerned about karma
Or fulfilling your dharma
Chanting hare Krishna or following Siddhartha
some of you might get a boost
out of Zarathustra
But if so we're not used to
hearing from you sir
Maybe it's true
That you are the few
That will make it through
A one forty four thousand JW
Maybe you and your bros and
Your sisters are chosen
The children of Goshen
And your last name is Rosen
Maybe it is fairly likely
You follow the JC
Catholic, orthodox, or heresy
Spending your Sunday hearing homilies
Or maybe the word to mom
Happens to be Islam
Getting your God on
Reading the Qur'an
maybe your gods are several
Maybe your boy's the devil
Maybe your gods are nil
Maybe none fits the bill
I don't care about all of your teachers
Because none of your preachers
Foresaw the main feature
Total destruction of all the sub-creatures
When Zuul and Vinz Clortho join as one
Your civilization is done
Gozer make you go numb
Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveler has come

Hail Eris, All hail Discord
Ia can see the fnords if you get on board
the law of Eristic escalation Is just what the Doktor disordered
The more that the forces of order insist
The forces of disorder equally resist
Fighting the curse of Greyface
Through humor's embrace just have a taste
Of a hot dog, hold the bun
On a Friday night it's Erisian kinda fun
Who's your favorite Nephew if not me
Representing the Black Iron Prison contingency
When you're leaving your rants word salad ain't valid
It ain't deep, son, don't make no ballad
Your idea of order ain't no perception
Your idea of disorder misconception
Your view of chaos through the lens of self deception
Your reality grid is messing up the reception
Trying to cut the signal through the noise
Salvation through absurd, and playful skeptical joy
Hail Eris, All hail Discord
Ia can the see the fnords if you get on board

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz:

I've been brewing one for Lucifer vs. Great Cthulhu for months now, will start writing it when I can and see how it expresses. Fuckin' awesome!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 16, 2015, 03:56:50 PM

I've been brewing one for Lucifer vs. Great Cthulhu for months now, will start writing it when I can and see how it expresses. Fuckin' awesome!

I look forward to it

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on July 17, 2015, 05:11:03 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 16, 2015, 03:56:50 PM

I look forward to it

Should have time next week. It's been stirring for some months now, but I'm never sure how something will turn out until I begin the writing. I'll post it here.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Still working on this. It's going to take a bit longer than a week.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 28, 2015, 06:45:31 AM

No rush, Joe. I'm still trying to ease myself back into PD. I don't even know why I have to, I've been here for... Well, a long time. Suffice to say I consider Roger a personal friend, who I've spent one on one time with in person.

Also, Roger, sorry for making Boston boring, but glad I could work out the inscription on the monument. And thank you for the advice, I'm not done with either mathematics or physics yet.

Nephew Twiddleton

I also still have to read and respond to Rhiz, who has seen this thread, and responded via gmail.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on July 28, 2015, 06:54:59 AM

No rush, Joe. I'm still trying to ease myself back into PD. I don't even know why I have to, I've been here for... Well, a long time. Suffice to say I consider Roger a personal friend, who I've spent one on one time with in person.

Also, Roger, sorry for making Boston boring, but glad I could work out the inscription on the monument. And thank you for the advice, I'm not done with either mathematics or physics yet.

Boston wasn't boring.  I had a great time. 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Especially the part where I wrecked the bathroom in the next stall over from Danny Oulette.   :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2015, 07:03:41 AM

You know how it is, you feel you can always do better.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2015, 07:04:33 AM
Especially the part where I wrecked the bathroom in the next stall over from Danny Oulette.   :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Ok, There is no place in the world other than Massachusetts that has Daniel Ouellette, and I'm just going to have to give you that becuase he single handedly makes Massachusetts the promised land.

Nephew Twiddleton

Featured:

Villager (as Dorothy), Villager's roommates (As the rest of the Golden Girls, Anarchagel's keyboardist specifically as Rose Nylund), me as the bald guy with the hammer getting awkwardly fondled by Blanche, Villager's former (and now current) roommate Andy, and Aaron, who is now currently "Sophia's" boyfriend. I really wish Daniel gave me a heads up and told me to shave the scalp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4_-P_TOVg&index=9&list=PL_ppgbMVsp6uL2vEmxlufE_UvnTRM2aqe

The Wizard Joseph

Yeah... I'm learning that when I rush myself or let my perfectionism too much of a voice I tend to hang up my pen. Cthulhu has been pretty easy, as has a jump in character, but I'm kinda having trouble expressing old Louie. I'll just keep at it.

I'm glad to see you back however that has to go for you.

I have recently come to consider Roger a friend as well. We've never met in person, yet he's had quite an influence on me. Not always a pleasant one per se, but he's never played me false and I respect that like very few things. I also like his personality and sense of humor.

For example

:lulz: :lulz:
I don't know who Danny Oulette is, but he's been blessed, blessed I say, to experience such holiness at first hand. So was the janitor. Nobody ever said holiness was a pleasant thing.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on July 28, 2015, 08:21:38 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2015, 07:03:41 AM

You know how it is, you feel you can always do better.

Ok, There is no place in the world other than Massachusetts that has Daniel Ouellette, and I'm just going to have to give you that becuase he single handedly makes Massachusetts the promised land.

All I know is that I had a great time.  EOS.

Molon Lube