News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

My drawings

Started by B_M_W, March 28, 2008, 03:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Triple Zero

wow BMW (Alana), that looks awesome!

i can see how it's partly inspired by some of Kai'enne's style, but it's also got some stuff that's definitely uniquely yours!

i love how organic all the shapes in your picture look, everything about it sort of reminds me of a certain kind of butterfly (dunno which one, of course). not just the cocoon hanging on the branch (at least, i presume that's what it is), but also the textures and patterns in the bottom right, the same sort of structures you find on that butterfly's wing, or the veins in some other flying insect's wings (which i also don't know the name of :-P).

i like that a lot, you have obviously spent a lot of time studying the different patterns on insects and that shines through in this work, and not in a creepy crawly way, like a lot of other insect-based art, but just showing the beauty of patterns in nature, and that is quite novel.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

That's beautiful!

There's a lot of room for growth in it, like in smoothing out some of the lines and getting more thorough color where you have it, etc, but for a first piece especially, it's amazing!

Great work; keep posting as you have more!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

B_M_W

Quote from: triple zero on March 28, 2008, 02:43:55 PM
wow BMW (Alana), that looks awesome!

i can see how it's partly inspired by some of Kai'enne's style, but it's also got some stuff that's definitely uniquely yours!

i love how organic all the shapes in your picture look, everything about it sort of reminds me of a certain kind of butterfly (dunno which one, of course). not just the cocoon hanging on the branch (at least, i presume that's what it is), but also the textures and patterns in the bottom right, the same sort of structures you find on that butterfly's wing, or the veins in some other flying insect's wings (which i also don't know the name of :-P).

i like that a lot, you have obviously spent a lot of time studying the different patterns on insects and that shines through in this work, and not in a creepy crawly way, like a lot of other insect-based art, but just showing the beauty of patterns in nature, and that is quite novel.

Actually, Zero, a large portion of the right corner was unplanned and spontaneous...I didn't know what it was going to turn out like, or that it would have so many insect parts! *laughing* When I noticed that it did, I decided that the right corner was like the dreams of the pupa, and called it Chrysalis Dreams.

It still needs some cleanup and changes but is otherwise finished. I hope to start my next piece very soon! *smile*
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eve

Awesome. :) I really like the mix of blank space and intricate detail. Well done.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

The Littlest Ubermensch

[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

B_M_W

Nast

Ah, that is so pretty!

I really dig the composition of the picture - and organic form of the branch.
(and the tiny flower makes me happy, too)  :)
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: B_M_W on April 04, 2008, 04:26:32 AM
http://yurito-sakari.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-81833077

My newest one, half finished.

~Alana

What's up with the constant change in signatures, BMW?  I'm getting confused.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

B_M_W

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2008, 04:52:57 AM
Quote from: B_M_W on April 04, 2008, 04:26:32 AM
http://yurito-sakari.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-81833077

My newest one, half finished.

~Alana

What's up with the constant change in signatures, BMW?  I'm getting confused.

We're not ignoring this, rather we are simply having trouble addressing it in a way that will cause the least drama.

Fred said to say "Dear Roger: Our head went like a banana and split" or something like that.

~Kaimi (the other one sharing this head who doesn't do the awesome drawings)

Richter

Very nice on both!  As I said before, the blend of abstraction and natural elements has a good look.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat