News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

The Horde, the Horde is coming

Started by Cain, August 19, 2011, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Wait, what?

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/64062

QuoteSouth Ossetia'spresident has invited the legendary warriors of the Russian steppe, the Cossacks, to settle in the breakaway Georgian republic. According to PIK TV, Eduard Kokoity told a youth forum last week that he wants to rent out land to the Cossacks for 99 years

Oh, OK then.  That makes sense, I suppose.  Well, as much as anything ever makes sense in the Caucasus.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Chairman Risus

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

On the other hand, the Cossacks have fought in every major post-Cold War conflict Russia has been engaged in, in one form or another, so I suppose there is a certain amount of logic to it.

Nevertheless, COSSACKS!

East Coast Hustle

If I was the tiniest weakest shithole in a region full of bigger meaner shitholes, I'd be all about inviting the Cossacks to come hang out too.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Wouldn't that tend to end up like hiring Hell's Angels to work security?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Kai

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 20, 2011, 04:07:03 PM
Wouldn't that tend to end up like hiring Hell's Angels to work security?

...no angel born in hell...could break that Satan's spell...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

I'm not sure what the absolute cheesiest song ever has to do with anything, but as far as HA working security, well, they certainly kept the potential problems at Altamont under control.

:lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nadezhda

My Doukhabor ancestors came from the Caucasus region.  Am I invited to Georgia too? :p

Nephew Twiddleton

What I'm wondering is if this goes through, what happens in 2111 when their lease is up.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 20, 2011, 05:57:56 PM
What I'm wondering is if this goes through, what happens in 2111 when their lease is up.
Cossack uprising. Now with hoverhorses.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Kurt Christ on August 20, 2011, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 20, 2011, 05:57:56 PM
Cossack uprising. Now with hoverhorses.

DO WANT.