News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

G.A.S GASM

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, May 03, 2009, 02:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

HI i had this idea the other day, and it might take some explaining...  but i'll give it a shot...

Basically it started out when i was looking at cram's swine flu things...  and I wanted to change them a bit, to make them more official looking, but I also wanted to get rid of the Discordian society stamp, I thought, if people are going to read this, discordianism is going to lead them here (or hereabouts), pretty fast, fun over when they find its a complete joke.

So i thought..  what if a few searches would lead them to something wholly more sinister (but still faked)?

The GAS.

Currently if you search it you get nothing worthwhile, so a wikipedia page would have to be created linking it various crimes/hoaxes over the last few decades.  Also, unless you have already been exposed to discordianism, that name would have very little meaning to you, which in my book is another advantage.

Basically, the intent, is to pull off rather large scale hoaxes, disguised as crimes.  My plan is to mindfuck as many people as possible, in a way that seems illegal, but is entirely within the law... then link all these events back to one single organisation.

Example?  Well, the idea I had recently that sparked off this train of thought went like this:

Loads of rubber ducks, or possible paper boats, released into the local river (starting fairly high upstream), all the ducks have two stickers, one says "open me", the other "courtesy of the xxx"...  inside the ducks are small packets of oregano labelled smoke me.

Thus GAS could be protrayed as a sort of choas based drug smuggling ring, but rather then trying to make a profit, they are just trying to get everyone stoned :p

Basically what I need help with follows:

- Backstory for wikipedia
- Suitable paper trail that will lead the fairly interested to believe there is actually some sort of bizarre jokecrime syndicate behind it
- Further ideas for pranks

x

EDIT:  ground nutmeg looks quite a lot like heroin...  some mileage in that me thinks...

Cainad (dec.)

So the idea is to try and invoke the myth of the Aggressive Drug Dealer by distributing bogus drugs in an outrageous manner?

I think this is hilarious. :lulz:  I mean, getting caught would suck (having to explain the joke and thus ruin it to avoid getting in trouble), but on the other hand, who's planning on getting caught?

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2009, 04:41:55 PM
So the idea is to try and invoke the myth of the Aggressive Drug Dealer by distributing bogus drugs in an outrageous manner?

I think this is hilarious. :lulz:  I mean, getting caught would suck (having to explain the joke and thus ruin it to avoid getting in trouble), but on the other hand, who's planning on getting caught?

Yeh, I'm kinda obsessive about not getting caught, so I'm gonna do some serious "looking at the LAW" so I know exactly which loopholes i can exploit to my nefarious benefit*...  i may need to find some money and start amassing an army of rubber duckies also.. :)

x

*such as the fact that in most towns that have a market etc. it is illegal to sell anything on the street without a liscense.. however, it is totally legal to give away stuff and ask for donations :)

Ohh.. also..  I need a symbol...  any ideas?  I want it to have the obvious apple connotations, but not be an obvious "oh for fucks sake its those guys again"

East Coast Hustle

In several states it's a crime to distribute fake drugs.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cainad (dec.)

Balls. I was worried about that. :sad:

Novatore

im not sure if this would help,
but it might be cheaper to make a cast of a rubber duck than use silicon to make the duck. Silicon is pretty cheap and it shouldn't be to hard to make a cast +way less toxic than rubber/plastic. It would require more effort to make but it would decrease the paper trail back to you a bit.
here is a link to a zine that covers working with silicon more in the vein of sex toys but still applicable  sorry couldnt find pdf
hxxxp://microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/title/241/

What about planning a couple other actions that add to the wtf your aiming for.
2002 someone placed a bunch of boxes with the word terror near subways in new york, this ended up in getting the artist incarcerated, but as im told this propelled them into the art world of new york.

Novatore

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 03, 2009, 05:20:12 PM
In several states it's a crime to distribute fake drugs.

I knew some people who did the key 23 thing and had a stand outside of wal-mart offering up a new drug. Which amounted to powderized paper sigil with the intent of initiation. They lucked out and didnt get in trouble. I saw the pictures looked pretty balls.

I have also known people when i was in high school who got arrested and suspended for pretending to smoke weed (really just grass clippings or some shit).

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2009, 05:25:33 PM
Balls. I was worried about that. :sad:

There is always a loophole.  I'm not going to actually be "distributing" them as such, not in the dealer type manner anyways, people will hopefully just jump to conclusions when they see a load of brown powder in a clear plastic bag.

As long as you don't actually sell anything, you have done nothing wrong.

There is no "dishonesty crime" (read as fraud) because you have not lied to anyone about what the product is.

There is no drugs crime because there are no drugs.

But novatores point about bio-degradability is a point that may need looking into, i'm a bit of a hippy bout that sort of thing.

Cramulus

This is an interesting idea

I like the part about creating a grand conspiracy which all of our actions feed

I don't like the part where cops will begin investigating the local Discordian Society

[memetics]
is there a way to conceptualize this so that the person on this mission isn't endangering themselves?
[/memetics]

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on May 03, 2009, 05:57:16 PM
I don't like the part where cops will begin investigating the local Discordian Society

I think this could be avoided by removing all Discordian references from the gag, if we're willing to do that. Seems a shame, but it would prevent religious discrimination against our little cult.

Novatore

this thread would have to be erased if you were serious

best thing i could think ov is make every action that gets publicized a diversion to even stranger acts

for instance the media started pimping Michael Jacksons corpse during the police repression that occurred in Florida in 2003.  Obviously such is a bit inaccessible, it does point to the power of diversionary tactics.

Always obscure your real intentions and keep raising the temperature. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 06:07:13 PM

best thing i could think ov is make every action that gets publicized a diversion to even stranger acts

for instance the media started pimping Michael Jacksons corpse during the police repression that occurred in Florida in 2003.  Obviously such is a bit inaccessible, it does point to the power of diversionary tactics.

:bacon:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2009, 06:02:39 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 03, 2009, 05:57:16 PM

I think this could be avoided by removing all Discordian references from the gag, if we're willing to do that. Seems a shame, but it would prevent religious discrimination against our little cult.

Yeh, thats what I had thought too... so.. any ideas name/logo wise?

Though I don't want people to be totally unable to work out where this comes from, 'cause as long as we stay inside the laws (and as cowardly as it sounds, it is  always more fun to mindfuck inside the law, 'cause they can't do shit about it...), we aren't really doing anything wrong, and the more seriously people start taking it the more hilarious it gets..

Though if things start to get out of hand we will obviously have to give the game up...

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 06:07:13 PM

1.  Nah, if we do it well then people who get this far deserve to know IMHO

2.  yes.

3.  more yes.

Novatore

why not crimethinc?

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.