News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm supposed to be working on my physics lab. I hate physics. I sincerely hate it. It's BORING AS FUCK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 06, 2016, 12:42:38 AM
I'm supposed to be working on my physics lab. I hate physics. I sincerely hate it. It's BORING AS FUCK.

What was the experiment for this one?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 05, 2016, 11:21:46 PM
Officially discharged.

I'm a new guy around here, but please accept my congratulations and best wishes for you and your future plans.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on February 06, 2016, 01:50:35 AM

The little cart on a track. We couldn't get loggerpro to work with the equipment (most of the class couldn't) so we don't have any trial 2 data, which makes the entire lab pretty meaningless.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Physics midterm today. I think that I must accidentally be taking the For Dummies version of this class, because I literally got through the test in ten minutes and was like, what? That's it?

I'm glad I didn't waste my time studying for it. Totally ridiculous.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 06, 2016, 04:22:01 PM

The little cart on a track. We couldn't get loggerpro to work with the equipment (most of the class couldn't) so we don't have any trial 2 data, which makes the entire lab pretty meaningless.

What do you even do in that situation where the lab equipment doesn't even work right?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2016, 12:29:21 AM
Physics midterm today. I think that I must accidentally be taking the For Dummies version of this class, because I literally got through the test in ten minutes and was like, what? That's it?

Are you taking the same 1st semester freshman physics course the physics majors have to take?
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Da6s

I lived a 4 minute walk to the Keystone lift and then a 7 minute walk to the breck gondola for 4 years. I would board anywhere from 1-3 times a week, unless it was an insane storm week and I'd get at least 3 or 5 runs a day in for a week+.

I gave up home (CO) for Navy and subsequently father with cancer. I haven't been on a board since March 2015.

I got back last night from 2 days at snowshoe, WV. I rode my ass off.

And I am sooo fucking sore at this point. Holy shit. This feels like being a beginner again. Is this what continuing to get old is like? This is awful. My ass hurts. My back hurts. My arm hurts. My calves are throbbing. My shin is pissed off.

I didn't even fucking fall. Christ hell I'm out of practice. Is it 2020 yet? That's when I think I'm relocating back to CO.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on February 07, 2016, 04:38:41 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 06, 2016, 04:22:01 PM

What do you even do in that situation where the lab equipment doesn't even work right?

Our solution was to just write about why we were unable to answer certain questions because we had no data. Basically, just operating under the principle that if we explain why we needed certain data, we are demonstrating comprehension of the principles we're supposed to be learning.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gray Area on February 07, 2016, 06:28:28 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2016, 12:29:21 AM

Are you taking the same 1st semester freshman physics course the physics majors have to take?

Yeah, it's 201; usually physics majors take it in the first term of their sophomore year. I should have taken it three years ago but it always conflicted with a class I actually wanted to take. In fact, that's why I finally broke down and am taking it on Saturday, which totally sucks because it's a waste of the whole fucking day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on February 07, 2016, 07:51:04 PM
I lived a 4 minute walk to the Keystone lift and then a 7 minute walk to the breck gondola for 4 years. I would board anywhere from 1-3 times a week, unless it was an insane storm week and I'd get at least 3 or 5 runs a day in for a week+.

I gave up home (CO) for Navy and subsequently father with cancer. I haven't been on a board since March 2015.

I got back last night from 2 days at snowshoe, WV. I rode my ass off.

And I am sooo fucking sore at this point. Holy shit. This feels like being a beginner again. Is this what continuing to get old is like? This is awful. My ass hurts. My back hurts. My arm hurts. My calves are throbbing. My shin is pissed off.

I didn't even fucking fall. Christ hell I'm out of practice. Is it 2020 yet? That's when I think I'm relocating back to CO.

Hey, welcome back!