Just a few quick notes concerning yesterday.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 03, 2011, 06:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

1.  I'd suggest that posting while drunk is a bad idea, as is adminning while drunk.

2.  I'd suggest that everyone - EVERYONE - both forget what was said by everyone, and on the other hand keep in mind that not everything has to be the Battle of fucking Waterloo.  Yes, I include myself in this.

3.  I apologize for my part in the whole mess.

4.  I won't be getting involved in any more dogpiles among established members of the community, but neither will I interfere.  

5.  Until a few things get cleared up, I won't be splitting or moving any threads whatsoever.  If anyone needs this done, I suggest you contact Cain or Cramulus.  I will continue adminning in other respects, but I won't be the cleaning crew until such time as I quit being accused of doing said things for my own benefit, rather than at the request of a board member.  

6.  In reference to 5, I am no longer interested in criticism as to how I do the admin job.  If anyone has complaints, however, they should forward such complaints to the other admins, who will I am sure take a good look at the situation and take the appropriate steps.  Seeing as how my actions are assigned motives by others, with nobody asking me why I did something (or even IF I did something), I can no longer give a flying fuck as to the opinions of my detractors.  This extends to my behavior in general, particularly while dealing with the same tired trolls posing as new people...Which is to say, I won't be doing ANYTHING unless I can prove that poptard is occurring.  Frankly, I don't get paid for this, and I'm more than a little tired of being called everything short of Adolf fucking Hitler.  Someone else can deal with that shit.

That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Sure glad I've never posted drunk or had a melt-down.

What?

Whatever

Damn.

You're my go to guy Roger.  What the fuck am I going to do now? 

I doubt any other admin will listen to me bitch and whine....   :cry:

LMNO

Hold on...

I strongly suspect that Lies may have been in an altered state... But was Roger, as well?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 03, 2011, 06:58:18 PM
Hold on...

I strongly suspect that Lies may have been in an altered state... But was Roger, as well?

No.  And I didn't do any adminning yesterday.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 03, 2011, 06:58:18 PM
Hold on...

Not to answer for Roger but long term meds are an altered state for me. Some days they take over.

The Good Reverend Roger

Adios

This just needs to die, along with a secret, insulting sub-forum.

LMNO

Sorry to derail Roger.  The second half of Point #1 threw me.  Who was admining while drunk?

Eater of Clowns

@4:  You and Lys have been poking at each other for as long as I can recall.  It may have been a bit more intense yesterday than normal, but it wasn't all that bad.  The problem is that a few things you tossed out there were parroted by a bunch of other members.  One of them happened to be the pedo thing.

Dogpiling happens, drama happens, fuck it, we move on.  If you're going to join in on attacking another member, at least do it for your own reasons.  A bunch of people shouting pedo, which was based on Roger's previous interactions with Lys, is nothing more than gibbering.  I get that some members have more respect than others, like now Net's defense was tossed out but ECH's was given some thought, but that's no excuse to just mindlessly agree.

I'd like to invoke the Think For Yourself, Schmuck principle here.  It doesn't just apply when you're out in the world with a bunch of morons, it applies especially when you're here and among people with incisive, compelling words.  And I disagree that this needs to die - I say own up to the dirty business and learn from it instead of trying to forget it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 03, 2011, 07:17:14 PM
@4:  You and Lys have been poking at each other for as long as I can recall.  It may have been a bit more intense yesterday than normal, but it wasn't all that bad.  The problem is that a few things you tossed out there were parroted by a bunch of other members.  One of them happened to be the pedo thing.

I can't recall saying "pedo".  I recall saying some shit about teenagers, but 18-19 year olds are teenagers, too.  Lys first said "pedo", when he got sick of the shit, and then other people said it.

But now I said it, whether or not I did.  Just like I moved his threads to "hide my actions".  Just like I'm the fucking default bad guy in every single situation.

I could give a fuck about this incident.  I'm just tired of everyone automatically, EVERY FUCKING TIME, starting on the assumption that I'm some evil fucking mastermind that MAKES OTHER PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS, or admins in inappropriate ways, for my own ends.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 03, 2011, 07:15:20 PM
Sorry to derail Roger.  The second half of Point #1 threw me.  Who was admining while drunk?

Not saying publicly, but the fact that the assumption that it was me illustrates my point, LMNO.

In any given situation, I'm the shithead.

Even, for example, when I don't show up for the first third of an argument.  I still somehow started it.  I MADE someone post while belligerently drunk.  I was the admin that had a few that did some interesting adminning, even though I was, you know, at work.  I was the one who said "pedo", even though I didn't.

I use my mind control lasers, and my bottomless barrel of evil motives and shady modding.  It's quite a trick, and tires me out.

LMNO

Now, just a minute.  I asked a question, because I was confused.  Lies was acting oddly, and was the ONLY one, as far as I could tell.

When you alluded to a drunk admin, with no other public evidence, I assumed a self-deprecating comment.  Ok, it was an assumption, and (apparently) made an Ass out of Me.

But it did cause confusion for me, and so I asked if you were... but I thought the way I asked it gave the above context, that it didn't seem like it.  If I had said, "So, Roger was drunk, then..." that would be more of a conclusion leap.

I just realized I'm stretching out the drama here.  I apologize.  I just wanted to clarify that I more confused than certain about point #1.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 03, 2011, 07:44:01 PM
Now, just a minute.  I asked a question, because I was confused.  Lies was acting oddly, and was the ONLY one, as far as I could tell.

When you alluded to a drunk admin, with no other public evidence, I assumed a self-deprecating comment.  Ok, it was an assumption, and (apparently) made an Ass out of Me.

But it did cause confusion for me, and so I asked if you were... but I thought the way I asked it gave the above context, that it didn't seem like it.  If I had said, "So, Roger was drunk, then..." that would be more of a conclusion leap.

I just realized I'm stretching out the drama here.  I apologize.  I just wanted to clarify that I more confused than certain about point #1.

I'm not pissed, LMNO. 

I'm used to it.  Even Charley seemed to assume that it was me.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 03, 2011, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 03, 2011, 07:44:01 PM

I'm not pissed, LMNO. 

I'm used to it.  Even Charley seemed to assume that it was me.

Nope. Not guilty, sorry if it came across that way.