News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

ULTIMATE LIFE HACK

Started by Pæs, April 24, 2014, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aucoq

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 07, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2014, 03:42:26 PM
Well, clinical psychologists don't necessarily have a hard science background at all.  I mean, one of the therapeutic branches of clinical psychology is the postmodern one:

Quote from: WikipediaPostmodern psychology says that the experience of reality is a subjective construction built upon language, social context, and history, with no essential truths.[65] Since "mental illness" and "mental health" are not recognized as objective, definable realities, the postmodern psychologist instead sees the goal of therapy strictly as something constructed by the client and therapist

She said she was a working scientist, Cain! This was not an appeal to authority, because she said she's just throwing information out there for free thinkers to consider. That's why it was important for her to point out that she's a working scientist...and a clinician...because you shouldn't just uncritically take her word for it...her working.scientist.word....clinician.

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Johnny

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 07, 2014, 03:48:28 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2014, 03:42:26 PM
Well, clinical psychologists don't necessarily have a hard science background at all.  I mean, one of the therapeutic branches of clinical psychology is the postmodern one:

Quote from: WikipediaPostmodern psychology says that the experience of reality is a subjective construction built upon language, social context, and history, with no essential truths.[65] Since "mental illness" and "mental health" are not recognized as objective, definable realities, the postmodern psychologist instead sees the goal of therapy strictly as something constructed by the client and therapist

She said she was a working scientist, Cain! This was not an appeal to authority, because she said she's just throwing information out there for free thinkers to consider. That's why it was important for her to point out that she's a working scientist...and a clinician...because you shouldn't just uncritically take her word for it...her working.scientist.word....clinician.

It saddens me to see colleagues that dont understand that subjectivity ends... WHERE THE BARSTOOL BEGINS!

:barstool:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner