News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Also, why do people think veganism is a good way to lose weight? Congrats, you kicked meat and dairy and live off of vegetables and carb, and now you can eat all the Oreo cookies you want because the cream ain't real cream. Good luck on that diet. Oh, you're still drinking beer and wine because yeast is a microorganism and doesn't count? Oh, silly me, that's how you get your B vitamins, of course.  :roll:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

EK WAFFLR

I AM SO TIRED OF PACKING AND MOVING I COULD PUKE ASS COLOURED RAINBOWS
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Quote from: Allfather Waffles on April 10, 2014, 05:20:05 PM
I AM SO TIRED OF PACKING AND MOVING I COULD PUKE ASS COLOURED RAINBOWS

I hear you.

-Suu
Still not fully unpacked. Doesn't care anymore.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 05:04:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 04:40:50 PM
It's so weird because I was wildly successful and the first to own a house and have kids and all the other trappings of adulthood in my 20's and 30's, and now it's like I've regressed and am doing the poor broke shit that they did while I was doing the glass artist thing. Probably some kind of poetic justice in there.

Dunno.  You're rebooting, which I find interesting as all hell (though I am not suggesting that it is easy, fun, or designed to interest me or anyone else).  I've done that before, but never in such an all-encompassing way...And certainly never with a raft of dependents.

You won't be sitting around at age 80, cursing yourself for having wasted your life.  That might not be important to you, but to me, it's my greatest fear.

I hope to still be working at 80, doing research and giving interviews. That's my American dream.  :lol:

I want to someday be a line of trivia; "Did you know that Dr. Nigel didn't start college until she was 40 years old?"

"Noble Prize winning researcher and convicted serial flenser Dr Nigel did not begin her academic career until she was 40 years old.  She was some sort of artist before that, but frankly, we were afraid to ask, on account of what happened to Bob over at NBC."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on April 10, 2014, 05:15:52 PM
Also, why do people think veganism is a good way to lose weight?

What people?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!! Pepsi just came out my nose. Nice, Cain, nice.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Ben Shapiro

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 06:21:23 PM
Quote from: The Suu on April 10, 2014, 05:15:52 PM
Also, why do people think veganism is a good way to lose weight?

What people?

A friend of mine I've known for ages, but we were talking on Facebook. She's always blabbing about how "fat" she is (she's like a size 6) and now she became a vegan with the sole reason of losing weight, except that she gained weight, and she has no idea what to do. Then said, "Oh hey, do you know Oreos are vegan?!" She PMed me to ask how I was losing weight.

:spag:

Basically, she decided that her version of veganism for weight loss was going to be ditching all evil meat and dairy, and loading on raw vegetables and...wait for it..."brown" carbohydrates. So, as long as they aren't baked with milk, and they aren't refined white carbs, it's okay.

:kingmeh:

Edit: She just told me she's switching to an all-juice diet to see if that will help. Even after I told her she should probably just balance her meals better and actually get off her ass or something.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.