News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Unlimited "Glenn Beck is a nutter" thread

Started by Cain, September 26, 2009, 04:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 01, 2009, 05:46:33 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 01, 2009, 05:43:46 PM
Yeah.  Think about it, Obama is considered a "liberal".

By who?

By the liberals and the conservatives.

Both are, as always, totally wrong.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2009, 05:51:47 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on December 01, 2009, 05:46:33 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 01, 2009, 05:43:46 PM
Yeah.  Think about it, Obama is considered a "liberal".

By who?

By the liberals and the conservatives.

Both are, as always, totally wrong.

when you talk about the liberals, are you referring to the masses of people in the country that have truly liberal ideas? or are you talking about the handful of jackasses in the congress that claim that moniker?  Same with the conservatives....

Ftr, I think both those labels are inadequate, anyways, but don't let them narrow the window simply by co-opting our political language....
That makes it too damned easy for them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 01, 2009, 06:29:57 PM
when you talk about the liberals, are you referring to the masses of people in the country that have truly liberal ideas?

lol wut

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cait M. R.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2009, 06:30:53 PM
when you talk about the liberals, are you referring to the masses of people in the country that have truly liberal ideas?

lol wut

This

Kai

I think you're confused. There aren't any truly liberal people in this country, haven't been for a long time.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Elder Iptuous

lol wut

seriously?  you don't know any?

Quote from: Kai on December 02, 2009, 02:57:03 AM
I think you're confused. There aren't any truly liberal people in this country, haven't been for a long time.

Aren't you a self professed liberal?
don't you have any friends that are of like mind?

I know you guys are being tongue in cheek indicating that you feel that those with a truly 'liberal' outlook are in some insignificant minority, but i think perhaps you are selling yourself short by believing this.
likewise, the 'truly conservative' people i know often sell themselves short in the same way.

of course, it's probably simply a failure on the part of the vocabulary, as those terms are not properly defined, and are inadequate, which is my beef with the whole deal...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 02, 2009, 03:50:56 AM

lol wut

seriously?  you don't know any?

Quote from: Kai on December 02, 2009, 02:57:03 AM

Aren't you a self professed liberal?
don't you have any friends that are of like mind?

I know you guys are being tongue in cheek indicating that you feel that those with a truly 'liberal' outlook are in some insignificant minority, but i think perhaps you are selling yourself short by believing this.
likewise, the 'truly conservative' people i know often sell themselves short in the same way.

of course, it's probably simply a failure on the part of the vocabulary, as those terms are not properly defined, and are inadequate, which is my beef with the whole deal...

Heh.

I can name the people who support both amendments II AND IV on one hand.  Hell, I can name the people who support amendment VIII on one hand.

Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine represented the classic ideals of liberalism, and if they came back to life today, they'd wear their boots out kicking everyones' arses.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 02, 2009, 04:05:39 AM
Heh.

I can name the people who support both amendments II AND IV on one hand.  Hell, I can name the people who support amendment VIII on one hand.

really?  perhaps i'm missing something here...
I know a good amount of people that support them, although they would consider themselves 'conservative'.
Is there some finer point of interpretation that makes you think i am likely wrong in this assessment?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 02, 2009, 04:05:39 AM
Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine represented the classic ideals of liberalism, and if they came back to life today, they'd wear their boots out kicking everyones' arses.

exactly.  the terms are muddied.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on December 02, 2009, 04:12:30 AM
exactly.  the terms are muddied.

The terms are meaningless.  They are fistfulls of poop that the "other side" can fling around.

I would consider Franklin, Henry, and Paine to be actual liberals.

I would consider Taft to be an actual conservative.

Neither example applies to any major segment of our population today.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 02, 2009, 04:13:10 PM
GO BACK TO CANUKISTAN, TERRORIST-HUMPER.

Oddly enough, at most political boards, I am considered a "terrorist enabler" or a "terrorist sympathyzer".

Cain would be shot on sight.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201002010022

Beck thinks Obama is more at risk from imaginary leftist radical terrorists than actual racists, despite the fact there are now two trials concerning the latter trying to kill him, and none of the former.

Iason Ouabache

Obama is un-American for using his first name:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201002040028

QuoteBECK: He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not with America -- you don't take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 07, 2010, 04:34:16 PM
Obama is un-American for using his first name:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201002040028

QuoteBECK: He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not with America -- you don't take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.

:lulz: This is hilarious!

What's an "American" name? By this logic, my friend Fiona is using her given first name to identify with her Irish parentage and mark her as a radical Protestant. What the hell does that make my first name? Maybe I should run for office, since my first name is American indian, making me a REALLY REAL AMERICAN, unlike the President of the United States.

And that George Bush, OBVIOUSLY using his first name to identify with Great Britain, indicating that he opposed US independence and wanted to see us back under the Crown.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."