News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

ITT: I complain about my parents going to a parent meeting

Started by Dalek, December 01, 2009, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Dalek

Briefly it was our school and a bunch of other schools compeating about who'se got better students.

Faust

Man it doesn't sound like you have it too bad. I was on suicide watch from my second year until I finished secondary because of one stupid comment I made when another kid killed himself "He's better off". I had nothing but patronizing semisympathy from the nice teachers and overbearing intrusion into my personal life from the mean ones.
I know you're not looking but the best way to fuck with mean teachers is to always act oblivious to their meanness and refer to them on a first name basis and be really friendly.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I was a perfect student in school.

And by perfect, I mean "did enough work to pass with the grades I wanted and was well-behaved enough to be ignored by the teachers", which then gave me a free hand to do my own thing as I wanted.  Because I was the archtype of a good student, I got away with things no-one else could, which suited me just fine.

Only one teacher ever caught onto what I was doing, and he entirely approved, since he was gaming the school system in a similar way, to his financial benefit.

I was always slightly concerned about parents evening, because some teachers will always take an irrational dislike to you, no matter how non-confrontational and good at the subject you are, but it never amounted to anything.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2009, 10:10:55 PM

And by perfect, I mean "did enough work to pass with the grades I wanted and was well-behaved enough to be ignored by the teachers", which then gave me a free hand to do my own thing as I wanted.  Because I was the archtype of a good student, I got away with things no-one else could, which suited me just fine.

Only one teacher ever caught onto what I was doing, and he entirely approved, since he was gaming the school system in a similar way, to his financial benefit.

I was always slightly concerned about parents evening, because some teachers will always take an irrational dislike to you, no matter how non-confrontational and good at the subject you are, but it never amounted to anything.

hey cain, are you me from an alternate reality/future?

The Johnny

He surely was punished for his political inquiries by genetically altering him into a c00kie with a super laz0r taht also sent him back in time.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I didn't go to school, and I did whatever I wanted all the time.

Which, quite frankly, isn't as awesome as it might sound. Most of the time what I wanted involved hiding in the woods, killing things and eating them raw. Adapting to civilized life took some doing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cait M. R.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 02, 2009, 02:20:59 AM

Which, quite frankly, isn't as awesome as it might sound. Most of the time what I wanted involved hiding in the woods, killing things and eating them raw. Adapting to civilized life took some doing.

I can't help but :lulz: at this. I'm so sorry.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: null & void on December 02, 2009, 02:27:52 AM

Why not? It's pretty funny, in retrospect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2009, 06:06:07 PM
Parent/teacher conferences exist to ensure that feelings of anxiety and inferiority are instilled in childen in the home as well as in the school system.  This makes for meek, compliant adults that are glad to have any job, no matter how dismal and unrewarding.

Living example over here! *raises hand* Oh yes indeed, I'm the sheeple for you if you want to look at someone made meek and compliant by the Machine. Ask anyone.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2009, 10:10:55 PM

Yup.

Didn't have to do too much to keep a 3.5 average (out of 4, for you non-GPA-using folks), so instead of pushing for th 4.0, I used my free time in much more interesting ways.  My grades, plus my complely non-offensive mode of dress, made it possible for me to get away with just about anything.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 02, 2009, 02:37:43 AM

It's even funnier if you grew up in a town with a "wolf girl" in the woods.

Really. :lulz:

Brotep

Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 07:27:59 PM
YAAAY! The physics teacher kept repeating how good where my grades in physics. The French teacher was very satisfied with my succes. The math teacher explained that I applied all the formulas correctly, just that I made stupid mistakes like replacing a - with a +. And even the teachers in the classes I suck at where happy, because I got a first place on a contest that was very imortant to the school and therefore they thought that my insuccesses in their classes where caused by me spending a lot of time preparing for the contest. So HELL YEAH! I get to keep my fun things, and my mom was really happy that all the teachers told her how important my first place at the contest was to the school  :banana:

:lulz:  Another valuable lesson learned in school: politics take precedence.

Richter

Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 07:27:59 PM
YAAAY! The physics teacher kept repeating how good where my grades in physics. The French teacher was very satisfied with my succes. The math teacher explained that I applied all the formulas correctly, just that I made stupid mistakes like replacing a - with a +. And even the teachers in the classes I suck at where happy, because I got a first place on a contest that was very imortant to the school and therefore they thought that my insuccesses in their classes where caused by me spending a lot of time preparing for the contest. So HELL YEAH! I get to keep my fun things, and my mom was really happy that all the teachers told her how important my first place at the contest was to the school  :banana:

Nice!  Just make sure your shit is toghether, or you can win anohter contest. 
(Inquisition is never ENDED, only PAUSED.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: null & void on December 02, 2009, 02:06:24 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 02, 2009, 02:37:43 AM

It's even funnier if you grew up in a town with a "wolf girl" in the woods.

Really. :lulz:

No shit?