News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Discordian Code

Started by Cramulus, December 07, 2009, 03:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cait M. R.

D! c++ s-:- a--- Comp++ P++ E F- R* !tv b++ OM[7] SF[6] PHI[8] RAW? DC++ h! r- !zb K

Just noting that the DC++ is because after one reading I can read this stuff almost naturally. In fact, more naturally than I expected.

I think I might need to upgrade it to a DC+++ :horrormirth:

Cain

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on December 07, 2009, 11:02:06 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on December 07, 2009, 05:44:36 PM
:sad:
I was hoping that this was about the next Dan Brown novel, where he tells the world the mysteries of the ancient discordia sect that is behind all the major corporations and governments.

I was hoping it was going to be like the discordian version of chivalry. That shit had so much potential.  :x

I thought it was going to be a Discordian form of communication, like the Masonic secret handshakes and stuff.

Suu

I still think we need to write the next Robert Langdon book about it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Well, we already know the plot arc.

I'm thinking if we just took a text file of The DaVinci Code and did a few "find/replace" commands, we'd have a pretty good rough draft.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on December 08, 2009, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on December 07, 2009, 11:02:06 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on December 07, 2009, 05:44:36 PM
:sad:
I was hoping that this was about the next Dan Brown novel, where he tells the world the mysteries of the ancient discordia sect that is behind all the major corporations and governments.

I was hoping it was going to be like the discordian version of chivalry. That shit had so much potential.  :x

I thought it was going to be a Discordian form of communication, like the Masonic secret handshakes and stuff.

Agreed.  I can't see a practical application for it.

Though, I do love intricate esoteric nonsense.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2009, 03:57:06 PM
Well, we already know the plot arc.

I'm thinking if we just took a text file of The DaVinci Code and did a few "find/replace" commands, we'd have a pretty good rough draft.

This is possible. But I am a fan of original work. We can still blatantly knock him off and now allow some things to be verbatim.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

This could have been a decent NaNoWriMo project.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2009, 04:14:36 PM
This could have been a decent NaNoWriMo project.

It could have...Maybe I'll brainstorm with Richter and any other local Swamp Yankees to see if we can produce the first official principality publication.