News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Pact with the Devil? Bad news says Pat Robertson

Started by MMIX, January 14, 2010, 01:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/sns-dc-robertson-haiti,0,1175550.story

how can Amurrica expect to be taken seriously as a world power when it demonstrates this level of moronic superstitious crap on a daily basis? I just want to keep banging my head against a wall until the pain goes away

aaaaarrrrrrghh!!!

edit for orphan ellipsis
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Freeky

I have only one thing to say.

PAT FUCKING ROBERTSON!

Except that the video is absolutely hilarious, what he says anyway. Too bad people take this guy seriously.

NotPublished

Hum ...

Its one thing to say it in humour, but another to rub it in on people who are already down...

QuoteIn the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Robertson seemed to link the storm to abortion. About the same time, he called on the U.S. to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

:sad:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Jasper

Quote from: MMIX on January 14, 2010, 01:15:15 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/sns-dc-robertson-haiti,0,1175550.story

how can Amurrica expect to be taken seriously as a world power when it demonstrates this level of moronic superstitious crap on a daily basis? I just want to keep banging my head against a wall until the pain goes away

aaaaarrrrrrghh!!!

edit for orphan ellipsis

The rest of the world takes us seriously because we are morons, and we are very dangerous.

MMIX

Quote from: Felix on January 14, 2010, 01:35:23 AM
Quote from: MMIX on January 14, 2010, 01:15:15 AM

aaaaarrrrrrghh!!!

edit for orphan ellipsis

The rest of the world takes us seriously because we are morons, and we are very dangerous.

fuck . . . I'm gonna need a bigger wall. I think you have put your finger on it there Felix. Thinking about it what really disturbs me about this is the way that his softly spoken down home "niceness" and gosh darned reasonableness, his quiet caring mania just hangs in the air like the sword of Damocles . . . and Robertson is far from alone in his frootloopery you just know that behind him there are rank upon rank, battalion upon battalion of christ's soldiers just itching to get it on with the bad guys. And increasingly I feel like one of the bad guys because doesn't Luke 11:23 have Jeezus says: "He who is not with Me is against Me", and I'm sure as all hell not on the same side as Robertson.

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Freeky

Speaking of wall headbanging, have you actually ever done that?

MMIX

Freeky

Don't really know. ;-_-

Nothing to see here, move along.

MMIX

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 14, 2010, 02:12:42 AM
Don't really know. ;-_-

yeah I guess the Devil must have made me do it . . . [/televangelist]

NotPublished

Quote from: MMIX on January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 14, 2010, 02:12:42 AM
Don't really know. ;-_-

yeah I guess the Devil must have made me do it . . . [/televangelist]

That gave me a flashback  :eek:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Jasper

Did someone make an impact with the drywall, signed in blood? :lulz:

Freeky

Fridge doors and countertops are harder than drywall.

Just sayin'.

Jasper

Wouldn't have worked with the joke though, because drywall rhymes with devil, kind of.

...Nevermind.  I make jokes at inappropriate moments.  :(

MMIX

Quote from: Felix on January 14, 2010, 02:33:12 AM
Wouldn't have worked with the joke though, because drywall rhymes with devil, kind of.

...Nevermind.  I make jokes at inappropriate moments.  :(

dammit man you're a discordian . . .  you gave up your rights to inapproprateness when you picked up your pope card

MMIX can't stretch to another pun about pacts WTF is RWHN when we need him . . . ?

Iason Ouabache

http://www.buzznews.net/buzz-extra/general/9835-haitis-real-deal-with-the-devil

QuotePat Robertson thinks that Haiti is poverty stricken (and earthquake-stricken) because the country made a deal with Satan to help them overthrow the French.

Back in May, the Times Online provided some slightly better insight into Haiti's past. Beyond a vague assumption that Imperialism had probably screwed Haiti somehow, I didn't know much about the country's history. Reading this story has been nothing short of nauseating.

Summary: Haiti was forced to pay France for its freedom. When they couldn't afford the ransom, France (and other countries, including the United States) helpfully offered high-interest loans. By 1900, 80% of Haiti's annual budget went to paying off its "reparation" debt. They didn't make the last payment until 1947. Just 10 years later, dictator François Duvalier took over the country and promptly bankrupted it, taking out more high-interest loans to pay for his corrupt lifestyle. The Duvalier family, with the blind-eye financial assistance of Western countries, killed 10s of thousands of Haitians, until the Haitian people overthrew them in 1986. Today, Haiti is still paying off the debt of an oppressive dictator no one would help them get rid of for 30 years.

The rest of the world refuses to forgive this debt.

So, in a way, maybe Robertson is right. Haiti is caught in a deal with the devil, and the devil is us.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘