News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

The Lord giveth, The Lord taketh.

Started by Ben Shapiro, April 21, 2014, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

When someone calls you a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe because you happen to disagree with them about tax policy or same-sex marriage or abortion, that's bullying

Nephew Twiddleton

My name is Kevin. It means something like "handsome little guy." (ETA: "Caomh"=handsome, "-in" diminutive suffix, much like "-ito" in Spanish. Caoimhin=Kevin) I do what I can in that department but I don't fret over it. I am named after an Irish revolutionary, who has his own patriotic song about his execution (I suspect Margaret Thatcher's policies may have something to do with my naming). He was 18, and a medical student. A boy who picked up the proverbial sword when his original intent was to take an oath to do no harm. The more that time goes on, the more opposite I become to him. I lose in gradual steps any form of patriotism, strong though it was in the past, for what is your homeland, other than some place where you happened to be born? What is your fatherland but some place where your ancestors happen to come from? War disgusts me, and I have decided to become a biologist in order to help humanity in some way or another.

Villager's name is Deirdre. It is also an Irish name. Deirdre was one of the main characters in an Irish myth, one of the three great tragedies of our many stories. It's a variation on an age old theme of tragic lovers.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Roger means "Irrationally angry, smacks the other prophets around when he isn't shown the attention he feels he deserves".

Very compact language, that Aramaic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 21, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
I am named after an Irish revolutionary, who has his own patriotic song about his execution

You know, the Irish are romantic as all hell, but do they every win?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 12:11:47 AM
Roger means "Irrationally angry, smacks the other prophets around when he isn't shown the attention he feels he deserves".

Very compact language, that Aramaic.

:lulz:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 12:13:02 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 21, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
I am named after an Irish revolutionary, who has his own patriotic song about his execution

You know, the Irish are romantic as all hell, but do they every win?

We wouldn't be Irish if we did. Even in our victories, we lose. Win the Battle of Clontarf, the Vikings sneak up on our King while he's praying and kill him after the battle. Win our independence, but only for part of the island, have to accept it because the Brits are tired of war and will fuck up our shit if we don't sign the treaty, and we know it.

Nephew Twiddleton

As for birthdays, mine is August 6. I share a birthday with a world of unprecedented destruction.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All father, Bearman on April 22, 2014, 12:47:33 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 22, 2014, 12:25:03 AM
As for birthdays, mine is August 6. I share a birthday with a world of unprecedented destruction.

Until then! Drink with me.

Will do.

(I refer to Hiroshima, incidentally)