News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Attention Everyone

Started by AFK, February 09, 2010, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earthbound Spirit

I hate everyone.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Earthbound Spirit

The Celtic Connection.  I think there is a thread about us in Operation Mindfuck. 
I hate everyone.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 11, 2010, 03:56:16 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 10, 2010, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: Richter on February 09, 2010, 12:45:40 PM
Hey, I'll humor anything once.  What's the work doing?

This agency deals more with overall health prevention, so tobacco, nutrition, physical activity, and my bread and butter, substance abuse prevention.  My job is to implement programs and develop systems to reduce the prevalance of substance abuse here.  I've got 3 years to do it. 

An immediate fail.  Why bother?

Right.  Chuck the damn kids off a cliff, they whine less that way, right?
Molon Lube

Earthbound Spirit

I already mentioned that I didn't realize teens were the target audience so no I wouldn't chunk them off a cliff.  Teens can be helped.
I hate everyone.

Dysnomia

This thread made me snicker uncontrollably...up until the last page anyways. 

RWHN, if you build a teleporter in your office, and one at my house I'll come visit you every day.   :D

Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 12, 2010, 02:21:29 AM
What's TCC?

The Clown's Cunt
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

AFK

Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 11, 2010, 05:59:07 PM
Heh, what does your team do RWHN?

We have one person who promotes worksite wellness.  So she goes to businesses and does presentations and talks to them about how to promote wellness amongst their employees.  We have another person who focuses on tobacco use.  There is yet another woman who does social marketing and programming around substance abuse prevention.  My particular role is tied to a federal grant the agency wrote and is specific to the twin-cities I live in and specific to the youth of these two cities.  

It is a weird set up really.  Because 100% of my time is supposed to be devoted to this grant.  And the project director of the grant isn't housed here at this agency, she is actually a part of the school district office.  So really, she is my boss in the grand scheme of things, yet, I'm housed with these other weirdos.  And then, on top of all that, I'm actually employed and paid by the hospital in this city.  It's a bunch of weird, twisted layers.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysnomia

Give hugs!  Not Drugs!

See, I'm a natural.   :D

We could even put out a commercial where some guys in a car, have a stick of dynamite in the back while ordering fast food.  Then the same guys drive up to the same window later with a block of C4 in the back.  They almost hit a little girl on a bike as they freak out and drive away.  In the final scene the same guys have a nuke in the back of their car.  As they peel-out of the drive-thru, they run over the poor little girl on the bike.

This is what happens when you do explosives.  Just say no.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Dysnomia

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2010, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on February 12, 2010, 03:58:39 PM

This is what happens when you do explosives.  Just say no.

:sad:

Sorry Dr.  That was fucked up.

SPS,
couldn't resist

AFK

Heh, so they ran a press release in the newspaper today announcing my arrival cpmplete with my ugly mug.  In the actual newspaper, everything was fine and dandy.  But, when you went to the online version, they had inadvertently posted a picture of this old Catholic Priest with the article instead of my picture.  So now everyone at the office is calling me Father WHN.  (well, they're using my real name of course). 

I talked to the newspaper and got them to fix it, and they confided to me that I should count myself lucky.  Because not too long ago they had inadvertently printed a picture of Snoop Dogg in some poor old lady's obituary. 

:lulz:

AFK

I printed a copy out. 

What is really funny, is what the url for the page ended up being.  The story was in the "noteworthy" section of the Sun Journal, so the end of the url for the article was  "notrwhn"  (substituting rwhn for my first initial, last name). 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 13, 2010, 01:17:47 AM
Heh, so they ran a press release in the newspaper today announcing my arrival cpmplete with my ugly mug.  In the actual newspaper, everything was fine and dandy.  But, when you went to the online version, they had inadvertently posted a picture of this old Catholic Priest with the article instead of my picture.  So now everyone at the office is calling me Father WHN.  (well, they're using my real name of course). 

I talked to the newspaper and got them to fix it, and they confided to me that I should count myself lucky.  Because not too long ago they had inadvertently printed a picture of Snoop Dogg in some poor old lady's obituary. 

:lulz:

Oh holy shit!  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."