News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Twid's cheese melt sandwich

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 08, 2010, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Came up with this one over the weekend. Could probably make it into a grilled cheese too, but haven't tried that variant yet.

You will need:
12 grain whole grain bread, lightly toasted for crispness
Garlic hummus (or other hummus of your choice)
pepperjack cheese
garlic powder
black pepper
ground cinnamon
other spices as desired

Take two slices of the toasted bread. Spread hummus on both. Put pepperjack cheese on both. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, black pepper, and cinnamon (trust me, the cinnamon works), along with other spices. Combine into sandwich form. Microwave to melt the cheese and hummus. Consume.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 08, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Came up with this one over the weekend. Could probably make it into a grilled cheese too, but haven't tried that variant yet.

You will need:
12 grain whole grain bread, lightly toasted for crispness
Garlic hummus (or other hummus of your choice)
pepperjack cheese
garlic powder
black pepper
ground cinnamon
other spices as desired

Take two slices of the toasted bread. Spread hummus on both. Put pepperjack cheese on both. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, black pepper, and cinnamon (trust me, the cinnamon works), along with other spices. Combine into sandwich form. Microwave to melt the cheese and hummus. Consume.

Also bumping due to time proximity to the colcannon recipe.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I had not considered hummus and cheese. I wonder if I can convince my boss at the deli to let me experiment. The GF, who is always at work, doesn't let me use the kitchen without adult supervision and the BF does not count. :P

This looks like a nifty idea, Twid. On behalf of the Catastrophe CookTM, I thank you!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2011, 08:39:19 AM
I had not considered hummus and cheese. I wonder if I can convince my boss at the deli to let me experiment. The GF, who is always at work, doesn't let me use the kitchen without adult supervision and the BF does not count. :P

This looks like a nifty idea, Twid. On behalf of the Catastrophe CookTM, I thank you!

Tell your boss to lick your ass, your girlfriend to STFU and let you make some food because you goddamn need to eat, and the boyfriend to shut the fuck up because I'm makin you a sammich and its tasty as hell or make you make me dinner for once. If he doesn't want to help. No sammich. Same for her. This recipe is too good to waste on anyone but yourself.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 01, 2011, 08:48:42 AM

Tell your boss to lick your ass, your girlfriend to STFU and let you make some food because you goddamn need to eat, and the boyfriend to shut the fuck up because I'm makin you a sammich and its tasty as hell or make you make me dinner for once. If he doesn't want to help. No sammich. Same for her. This recipe is too good to waste on anyone but yourself.

I want to play around with mixing mozzarella and gruyere in a melty cheese sammich, anywho. I think I'll go for some Greek olive hummus. I'd eat that shit if it were spread on a brick.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2011, 08:58:29 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 01, 2011, 08:48:42 AM

I want to play around with mixing mozzarella and gruyere in a melty cheese sammich, anywho. I think I'll go for some Greek olive hummus. I'd eat that shit if it were spread on a brick.

Pepperjack makes it, just saying...

Anna Mae Bollocks

Think it would be ok with rye bread?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 09, 2011, 11:58:51 AM

Everything is acceptable, if not better, with rye bread.

YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cainad on July 09, 2011, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 09, 2011, 11:58:51 AM

Everything is acceptable, if not better, with rye bread.

YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.

THIS POST HAS MY FULL ENDORSEMENT.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Jenne

Huh.  We make our own hummus here like weekly, it seems.  Constant in-and-out of tahini and garbanzo beans!  I will have to try this--hummus on cheese sammich...and the cinnamon is intriguing as well!

Thanks, Nevvie Twid!

Phox

Hummus and feta go well together, so I have found.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Phox on July 11, 2011, 07:23:49 AM
Hummus and feta go well together, so I have found.

I just had a pesto hummus and feta sammich!  :D

Nephew Twiddleton

Pita bread. Hummus. Feta. You make it a pizza. :D

Phox