News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 20, 2014, 01:09:17 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 20, 2014, 01:03:46 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 20, 2014, 12:59:01 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 20, 2014, 12:50:46 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 20, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
Why's everyone get all offended when they find out that I hate them?

I hate 7 billion people. Get over yourself; you aren't that special.

I am the main character.  Some walk-on villain parks illegally and gives me  red-ass, I'm gonna get offended.  This is a direct violation of my contract.

If they didn't want it parked on they shouldn't have a put a curb there. That hatchback defied space. It fit three grown men over six feet tall and fit into a spot intended for shopping carts. It gave one of the construction workers vertigo because he thought he was viewing it from a mile up. I never even sold that hatchback - I lost it, like a set of car keys.

I still don't believe you're really over 6' tall.  It is an optical illusion of some kind, or perhaps you are just very tall for your height.

Feels like a bit of a waste walking around with all that height all the time. I store most of it up in my teeth and just use it as I need to.

I think your smile freaked LMNO out.  I am used to it, though, having grown up on the seashore.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Very much fun exploring AZ's canals.  No target specimen yet.  Did catch an Osprey and Tomcat landing, though.  Wetlands somewhat compromised by military.  So many Chinese head-shots on entry.  Ohwell.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2014, 05:32:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 19, 2014, 03:27:17 PM
Of course, Obama's plan is to use ISIS as a causus belli to overthrow Assad, but nevertheless, the plan wont work.  The Syrian rebels are currently scrambling to sign truces with ISIS to fight Assad (which should be a clue) and if Assad does fall...well, who are the most powerful group in that region after Assad, again?  Clue: ISIS are currently expanding their territory around Aleppo, while the FSA are struggling to stay alive.

My hypothesis is that if they're left alone, they'll be cutting each other's throats inside of 180 days.

Or they'll fuck with the Turks and/or Jordanians, which seems to be the unbeatable level in that particular game.

Probably, on the left alone bit.  Problem is, a crazy cult of death squad Sunnis are too useful to be left alone.

I doubt they'd go for Turkey, since there appears to be a bit of covert support there (lots of their logistics is based in Turkey, it seems).  But yeah, picking on Jordan wouldn't be smart.  I don't know who it is over there who knows what their doing (it's most definitely not King Playstation), but they seem to be doing it well.

Suu

I surpassed my Goddamn Industry Professional level drunk last night for the first time in 4 years. Ow. My liver has declared total war. Full on outright total war. I couldn't keep water down, but Gatorade worked. I feel fucking horrible and I've been sleeping on and off all day so far.

Apparently I got naked and threw up in the sink last night.  :?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds terribly unpleasant, Suu.

I'm babysitting and have about 3 more hours of Nothing Happening At All before my best friend and her husband come home. I can't even play Ingress.

Meanwhile, one of my obsessed fans on Facebook has reposted some art-project nudes of mine in TDS. Joy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

just this

Suu

Quote from: axod on September 21, 2014, 06:53:58 AM
I like to think bananas balance Gatorade well.

I got some crackers during the day once I started feeling hungry. Then for dinner I got a greasy chicken finger dinner from the clam shack across the street. So that, coupled with 3 20oz bottles of Gatorade and all the water I diluted it into seems to have done the trick. I'm still a bit parched and woke up with an epic dry mouth, but I no longer feel like a train hit me.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, the assholes in TDS have succeeded in making me feel threatened enough that I no longer want anything to do with anything that has "Discordian Society" in the name.

I find it ironic that Facebook has basically completely lost control of all users and content on its site, but is cracking down on drag queens for using fake names.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Your Mom on September 21, 2014, 03:22:25 PM
Well, the assholes in TDS have succeeded in making me feel threatened enough that I no longer want anything to do with anything that has "Discordian Society" in the name.

I find it ironic that Facebook has basically completely lost control of all users and content on its site, but is cracking down on drag queens for using fake names.

Is this the open or closed group?

Cain

Is this with the earlier mentioned nudes, or has it escalated since then?

I also can't say I'm entirely surprised.  TDS are pretty much made up entirely of adolescent jackasses (physically or mentally) who practically embody the disinhibition effect of the internet.

If I may suggest something, if anyone has their real name used, feel free to set up a blog and detail their choice statements and actions.  For future employers to find.  PD gives a suitable pagerank bonus to such sites, if linked from here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on September 21, 2014, 03:27:01 PM

Is this the open or closed group?

Mostly the open group. I'm not in the closed group.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2014, 04:12:10 PM

Is this with the earlier mentioned nudes, or has it escalated since then?

I also can't say I'm entirely surprised.  TDS are pretty much made up entirely of adolescent jackasses (physically or mentally) who practically embody the disinhibition effect of the internet.

If I may suggest something, if anyone has their real name used, feel free to set up a blog and detail their choice statements and actions.  For future employers to find.  PD gives a suitable pagerank bonus to such sites, if linked from here.

A guy going by Lucas SpamSpam SpamSpam Wise posted some pretty fucked-up vitriol about wanting my kids to be raped. Among other similarly awful things. I am pretty sure he's the same person who posted my nudes, and may also be the same person as Mike Martin but that might just be because I don't want to believe that there are two similarly shitty people in a group that small. Mike Martin is also threatening to hire someone to dox me, which is just baffling because I use my real name and am incredibly easy to find.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Harvey Rowland is the name that posted my pics, but it's pretty obviously a fake account.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've got the PI for Lucas, still working on Martin. I can forward what I have so far if anyone wants in on it.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.