News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

*cough*

Started by faust, December 09, 2007, 01:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faust

www.principiadiscordia.com

might need to hit refresh.

This is crams edition of the black iron prison and still needs tweeking as well as a table of contents made but otherwise its up.

please point out all the stuff thats wrong with it and I will work on fixing it as fast as possible

Cramulus

first off,

:mittens:

second,

Page 16 - "and it is increasing rapidly" is too high. It should be the last line of the page.
Page 17 - background image is tiled but it should be centered or stretched or something.
general - in a few places, the words run right up against the margin. I think it would look better with a half inch of white space.

all in all, great work!

Cain

Swote.

A related matter, but my comments at the side of the links were meant for the people looking at them here.  They look a little...out of place, on the page like that.  Just a minor quibble, but it seems a little jarring.

faust

what do you mean cain I dont follw.

page 16 and 17 edited.

B_M_W

This is awesome. Thanks Faust, for getting this front page up and running.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

faust

I was just pointing out the link on it.

Cain

Quote from: faust on December 09, 2007, 02:33:32 AM
what do you mean cain I dont follw.

page 16 and 17 edited.

Sorry, I'm a little over the place right now.  I meant this page http://www.principiadiscordia.com/links.php since we were on main site issues.  I reckon the site names alone should be enough.

faust

oh ok, lol. will remove.

faust

I did say hit refresh right, just making it clear there is now a bip link the front page nav bar

Triple Zero

yeah i see it. great work!

first thing i can point out that's wrong is that the other links at the frontpage have a slight blurred drop-shadow to them, while the new BIP link doesn't have that.

it's a real tiny detail feel free to ignore it :) but you asked for critique
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

By the way,

when I was designing the new BIP booklet, the front cover was the last thing I did. I really liked the old art that we had on the cover, and I would vote for having that instead of the eye-and-pyramid that we have on the BIP website (which I think is cool too). How do you guys feel about that graphic?

faust

yeah, I had to manually chop up that image, it was hard enough to do without the shadow.
I will probably make the table of contents for it tomorrow or something.

faust

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on December 09, 2007, 11:47:51 PM
By the way,

when I was designing the new BIP booklet, the front cover was the last thing I did. I really liked the old art that we had on the cover, and I would vote for having that instead of the eye-and-pyramid that we have on the BIP website (which I think is cool too). How do you guys feel about that graphic?

I really like the eye but I can change it if people like.

Cramulus

small note:

the front page makes reference to the principiadiscordia.com store. Since it's gone, that text should probably be deleted.

also:
Could we use a different font for text? Anything but Arial or Times New Roman. IMHO the only thing worse than those two is comic sans.

faust