News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

A change of tone

Started by Cait M. R., April 21, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Oh, hush.  I was just teasing.

I had a feeling what you were against was the Pinealism, but I couldn't help doing the emo thing.

Anyway, I was honest when I suggested contacting Mangrove.  He's got a good bit of Tarot/Kaballah knowlegde, and he's BIP-savvy, as well.

I'll help if you want, but I still have 20 chapters of the Chao te Ching to tackle.

Cait M. R.

Kabbalah isn't something I'm interesting in channelling here, though I think it would make a good followup. (Where did the Kabbalah thing come from anyway?) I'll definitely try contacting him, though.

As for you helping? Well, that's up to you. I'd appreciate your constructive criticism more than anything else, but I understand you're probably busy so any contribution you make is up to you.

And sorry about overreacting a bit to all of that. Forums and I tend not to get along -- little things like this sooner or later turn into flame fests. I suppose I'll get used to it.

LMNO

Well, if it's any consolation, this forum starts as a flame fest, so there's no waiting.

Also, tarot matches very well with cabalistic ideas.  an understanding of cabala helps with understanding tarot, and vice-versa.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere, or need some help, and I'll see what I can do.

Telarus

And most decks that are based on Crowley's have kabbalistic symbology encoded into them.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

well...I see that nearly 24 hours have gone by since I talked to EG in IRC and he/she has since posted in this thread without honoring my request for full disclosure, so...

This project, I am told, is intended to be published for (attempted) profit. Everyone needs to know that before they submit anything via this forum, and per the new forum rule, anything posted on this forum for subsequent for-profit publication MUST have the applicable IP license explicitly stated in the post.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

also, I'm getting kinda pissed that I feel I have to keep badgering people about this. Thanks to everyone who decided to take a tentative idea and turn it into a dramatic shitfest the result of which is that I now feel the need to be uber-paranoid about protecting this forum as a legal entity (namely, myself and faust) from any potential legal embroilment. It really adds to the fun of being here, assholes.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

oh, this forum is gonna be FUN for the next few months...

I don't think I posted anything of value in this thread, so from the first post to this one, I do not contest the use of my writings for another's profit, provided whatever of mine is used is attributed.

Jenne

Quote from: Erin Gardien on April 23, 2009, 07:40:22 PM

Jenne, not "anti-Discordianism" -- that's just sort of ridiculous to think. If I was anti-Discordianism, I'd be trolling my ass off despite lack of proper experience. As I said above: I just don't like the silliness. But thanks for the support, it was sort of nice to see that there, waiting at the end of the thread.

Also: for future reference: I do a godawful job of explaining myself, and I realize that's probably the source of most of the confusion.  Maybe I should just work on it myself and show the finished product rather than waste my time with the explanations.

Eh, I was using a sort of colloquial usage of "anti-" there...as in "not so into," not really the dictionary-textual reference, so I gotcha in one, really.  I didn't know how to describe what I'd read on your views of Discordianism, so I failed at it miserably.  But on the upswing, you got a chance to clarify, so hopefully it's all good.

And I support, of course, anything to do with Tarot, since I am quite a fan.  :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm probably a bad person for finding this funny right now...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cait M. R.

ECH, since I only intended for one contributor, I meant to speak with them about it in PMs or on IRC when they said "Okay, sure, I'll definitely help." and avoid the crap that happened in the Selling Intermittens thread.

Guess that's out.

Yes, a friend of mine wanted to publish it. I thought this would be a not-very-big-problem for one major reason: they would have given a cut to all involved. But since the project was going to be between me and the other contributor and I never intended to see any of it in this thread until it was finished, I didn't see a reason to state it in the thread and stir up another shit-storm when I could just PM them all the details.

Sorry if I sound a bit pissed, but this kind of threw my plans for avoiding this shit through a concrete wall. I understand I didn't explain this to you in IRC, but I was unexpectedly called away before you responded and got back the moment you left.

I hope none of this damaged anyone's good will toward me.

LMNO

Don't worry about it.

At the risk of sounding redundant, PM Mangrove. I really think he's your man.

Cait M. R.

I had intended to do so ASAP. Right now I'm finishing up some stuff so I have a quick reference.

East Coast Hustle

Erin, I appreciate your position but someone would likely have just posted something they meant as an audition for your project in this thread and my position is that my position is more important.

LMNO