News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

The Nafs

Started by Cramulus, April 14, 2010, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Thank you Chrys (yes, I've just shortened your name for my own convenience)

Nice additional info on Sufism  :)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Brotep

Mangrove

Quote from: Brotep on May 02, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
No problem  :)

Oops. I thought you were a different person! I didn't realize you were Brotep.

Sorry.  :oops:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Brotep

Quote from: Mangrove on May 03, 2010, 04:30:28 AM
Quote from: Brotep on May 02, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
No problem  :)

Oops. I thought you were a different person! I didn't realize you were Brotep.

Sorry.  :oops:

Don't worry about it, was going incognito.

Anyway, the concept of nafs exists in other Muslim sects, aside from Sufism. A girl I know says she was taught that a woman has seven nafs (nafses?) and one mind, whereas a man has seven minds and only one nafs.

Captain Utopia

Sometimes I wonder if the Quest for Enlightenment, is not the biggest trick of the Nafs.  I mean - what an ego boost to become closer to perfection and, implicitly, better than the rest of you miserable plebeian fuckheads.

Close your eyes and Imagine just how wonderful it would feel to know _for sure_ that you've just reached Enlightenment.  That's one big motherfucking carrot right there.  Jump through my hoops donkey-boy, EEEEEYYYORRRREEEEE.

And what actual tangible good do any of these self-proclaimed Enlightened fuckers actually do in this world?

"Well I, for one, taught about the value of non-violent resistance"

That's so beautiful it makes me want to cry vomit.  How well is that working out for us?  Wait - the meek are getting shat on more than ever because you've helped deceive billions into believing that somehow the universe is going to implode if everyone doesn't get their just rewards "in the end".  Wait, you can't answer right now because you're too busy forcing your grandnieces to sleep next to you naked?  Yeah, that was a blatant ad hominem, sometimes they are valid.  Shove it up your syphilitic arse, Mahatma.  I'm onto you.

"The meek will inherit.."

This is your last warning you, Jesus...

"You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"

No, fuck that.  Seriously.  My enemies are those who do not seek to make anything better in a tangible sense.  If you're just fucking around the planet, shitting on everything, then I hate you.  If you're just stroking your own Ego of Enlightenment and too goddamn mighty to stoop down to listen to a contradicting point of view, then I hate you.  I shall do everything in my power to diminish you and the footprints you leave in all of existence.  Including, but not limited to - trolling the fuck out of you, giving you enough rope to enable you to expose your own blind-spot of stupidity, and lowering the odds of you polluting the gene-pool.

"Haha!  Right on.  This is exactly what I was talking about.  Everything is true, and nothing is permitted.  Oh wait, that's not quite right.  But it is, see?  MINDFUCK.  Hohoho"

What the fuck did you do?  Oh, the old - I don't have the answers, but here - have some amusing and interesting diversions.  Here's a riddle - when is a riddle not a riddle?  When it's a FUCKING WASTE OF MY TIME.  The majority of your writing was self-indulgent bullshit wrapped in charismatic novelty.  You could never just come out and say what you were actually thinking because therein lies the horrific possibility of being wrong.  Well fuck you.  Look at us here.  So desperate to equal your actual accomplishments, that we are paralyzed by self doubt and a crippling inability to cohesively make improvements, even when we want to.

What was that?  Oh, it's our fault is it Ghandi?  We're not living up to your standards Jesus?  We still don't get the cosmic joke Mr. Wilson?

HAHAHA

So I guess we should seek enlightenment so that we can... UTTERLY FAIL TO MAKE ANY POSITIVE DIFFERENCE AT ALL.  Of course - it's not your responsibility.  We failed you, daddy.  Please love us, daddy.

I call shenanigans - you all knew you didn't have the answers we looked to you for.  You didn't fade into obscurity, and just shut your fucking mouth though.  You couldn't risk being wrong because you didn't care enough about being right.  You couldn't risk being wrong because the adoration felt so right.

You fell victim all to the Ego of Enlightenment.  Well fuck that path of mental masturbation.  If you're not actively trying to make the world any better than how you know it could be then I hate you.  Oh Gods how I hate you most of all.