News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

CC writes pretty thing redux

Started by Rupert Giles, July 28, 2004, 08:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has-been or the next big thing?

Maybe
0 (0%)
Mu
2 (66.7%)
First answer
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 30, 2004, 08:07:02 PM

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HotsumaHere's a list of good poetry.

I'm not clicking that.

The Good Rev,
Isn't clicking that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

~~~~Closed~~~~

What are you afraid of roger?

Bella

I clicked it and survived.
But then, I'm already dead anyway.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Rupert Giles

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI clicked it and survived.
But then, I'm already dead anyway.

You like Buffy, perchance?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HotsumaWhat are you afraid of roger?

Nothing.  It's just that I've been treading the more disreputable paths of the internet long enough to be wary of links in that context.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rupert Giles

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Nothing.  It's just that I've been treading the more disreputable paths of the internet long enough to be wary of links in that context.

You remember IRC back before it went to shit?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Compositus Confusio

Dude, I remember FIDONET.

Rev Roger,
Is really, really old.

Rupert Giles

Rev Roger,
Is really, really old.

Wow.

I attended Clemson University's Summer Science Program when I was like 13, and took a programming course there.

It was their 'advanced' one for the teenagers.  So it was in VB.  This was before I was shown the Light that is C and OOP.

My teacher there, I forget his name, was like 70, still doing Computer Sci.  He had worked on ENIAC as a programmer.  We talked alot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rev Roger,
Is really, really old.

Wow.

I attended Clemson University's Summer Science Program when I was like 13, and took a programming course there.

It was their 'advanced' one for the teenagers.  So it was in VB.  This was before I was shown the Light that is C and OOP.

My teacher there, I forget his name, was like 70, still doing Computer Sci.  He had worked on ENIAC as a programmer.  We talked alot.

C???  Boy, are YOU spoiled.  The best I had was 8081..."WILL NOT COMPILE"  :x

Other than that, it was straight binary...all we had were 1's and 0's, and sometimes we didn't have any 1's.

Rupert Giles

Rev Roger,
Is really, really old.

Wow.

C???  Boy, are YOU spoiled.  The best I had was 8081..."WILL NOT COMPILE"  :x

Other than that, it was straight binary...all we had were 1's and 0's, and sometimes we didn't have any 1's.

You had ones?  We had the letter 'L', but only in lowercase.  Sometimes we didn't even have that.  I once wrote an entire database program using '\0'.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerOther than that, it was straight binary...all we had were 1's and 0's, and sometimes we didn't have any 1's.

Binary huh? Bleeding luxury! Why when I was a boy we had to manipluate voltages manually, with our tongues, because we were all out of vaccum tubes, and if we got our fingers caught in the cogs they just sawed our digits off with a rusty spoon and made us reconfigure the machine from scratch with our bleeding stumps.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerOther than that, it was straight binary...all we had were 1's and 0's, and sometimes we didn't have any 1's.

Binary huh? Bleeding luxury! Why when I was a boy we had to manipluate voltages manually, with our toungues, because we were all out of vaccum tubes and if we got our fingers caught in the cogs they just sawed them off with a rusty spoon and made us reconfige the machine from scratch with our bleeding stumps.

You had cogs?!

We had to glue triangular prisms onto rectangular prisims!  Sometimes we didn't even have triangular prisms!  I once made a cog out of my head and Josh's finger bones.

The Good Reverend Roger

Binary huh? Bleeding luxury! Why when I was a boy we had to manipluate voltages manually, with our toungues, because we were all out of vaccum tubes and if we got our fingers caught in the cogs they just sawed them off with a rusty spoon and made us reconfige the machine from scratch with our bleeding stumps.

Yeah, but our binary was done with small stones.  We had one of the other cave men eat the stones, to complie the program.

Unfortunately, most of our programs were along the lines of "let's make Oog strain to take a dump."

Good times.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Compositus ConfusioYou had cogs?!

We had to glue triangular prisms onto rectangular prisims!

Glue?! Oh! I lay awake at night dreaming about glue....

Rupert Giles

Yeah, but our binary was done with small stones.  We had one of the other cave men eat the stones, to complie the program.

Unfortunately, most of our programs were along the lines of "let's make Oog strain to take a dump."

Good times.

You had the Genus Homo to experiment on?

Back in my day were were all archaebateria!