News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

I'm Pissed.

Started by Adios, November 03, 2008, 01:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2735

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15754186/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93638961

To those who support the government unquestionably, to those who get all teary eyed when the flag is raised, to all who say that if we don't support the war we aren't supporting our troops.

Try reading something other than a slanted, disreputable source.

The Haliburton War™ was never about WMD's. It wasn't even about oil. It was never about terrorism. Has anyone noticed that Haliburton has recently relocated to the ME? Has anyone noticed no bid contracts? Has anyone noticed Black Swan?

What the war was about was establishing a major military presence in the ME with total control and uninterefered by a foreign government. OH, and the bottom line for several persons pockets and a major corporations bottom line.

Let me ask why I should support that? Returning reservists can't even go back to their job when they return. Is that supporting the troops? Wounded and disabled veterans can't get complete medical coverage for prosthetics or decent rehab. They are not retrained to reenter the work force. Soldiers homes are being illegally repossessed and their families are being thrown in the street while the spouse is putting their ass on the line for this country.

What America™ has become is conquerers. We decide what we need and then we act. We try to justify it with words, false intel, hyperbole and outright lies. This makes the bile rise in my throat. We ignore international law. We ignore human rights. We torture people. We bail out large corporations with tax payer money yet we spend $10 billion dollars a month in a senseless war. We are beating our war drums at other countries now. We sent an attack force into Syria at a delicate time in the region because god is on our side and we are In The Right™.

I support our troops. I support our troops by seeing the reality of what our government is doing. I support our troops by believing they should have their job back when they return. I support our troops by thnking they should be very well cared for after being wounded or disfigured. I support our troops by knowing their families and homes here in the US should be safe and in place when they return.

But then you see, I support the troops and not the government. So if you exercise your right to wave a tainted flag in my face don't be surprised when I exercise my right to set it on fire.

Cainad (dec.)

:mittens: RAH!

Edit: links broken

Manta Obscura

Rev, this rant makes me simultaneously pissed off at America, proud of our troops, uneasy about imperial outreach, and enraged at the anti-flag-burning laws.

You did a good job with this. I'm gonna blatantly steal and print it for my corkboard.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Adios

The Good Reverend Roger

No matter how many American flags we have the Chinese manufacture, there will never be enough to wipe the blood off of our hands.

EOS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2008, 12:28:31 AM
No matter how many American flags we have the Chinese manufacture, there will never be enough to wipe the blood off of our hands.

EOS.

You have no idea how much I wish I could disagree with you. But I can't.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2008, 12:28:31 AM

:mittens:

Cramulus

Humanity i love you
   by ee cummings

Humanity i love you
because you would rather black the boots of
success than enquire whose soul dangles from his
watch-chain which would be embarrassing for both

parties and because you
unflinchingly applaud all
songs containing the words country home and
mother when sung at the old howard

Humanity i love you because
when you're hard up you pawn your
intelligence to buy a drink and when
you're flush pride keeps

you from the pawn shops and
because you are continually committing
nuisances but more
especially in your own house

Humanity i love you because you
are perpetually putting the secret of
life in your pants and forgetting
it's there and sitting down

on it
and because you are
forever making poems in the lap
of death Humanity

i hate you

Pope Lecherous

Hopefully the next 4 years will start to change the world's mental associations of the American flag with those sentiments previously mentioned ITT. It helps to not think of the flag as representing the governing body, but the people and the constitution.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.