News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Fucking Economy

Started by Adios, February 13, 2009, 06:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Mrs. Asshat is GM and Executive Chef where she works. Except as of Feb. 27 they are closing it down. A while back there was a post around here about mortgages and repossessions. In that post I plainly said we bought a double wide because it left us with plenty of disposable income and if anything went south we would still be in a position to meet our bills. Well, the worst has happened. We have spent the last two weeks going over our budget as the biggest bread winner in the family is going to lose a big fat salary. We can do it, comfortably. Still, it has been agonizing to look at the things we will be sacrificing. Winery tours and a well stocked wine rack(s). My handmade imported cigars. So many things. I know they are miniscule compared to everything going on today, millions losing their jobs, foreclosures, lives falling apart. Dammit we planned for this and for the last two weeks we have really been stressed.
Yesterday we find out they are going to give her a job. We thought they would with a step down and reduction in salary. Now it appears they are making her Regional Manager over Sodexo government services. They said the downside is she will have to travel. Boofuckinghoo.
As bad as the economy I have to tell you all if you are working in decent jobs it is a great economy. Prices are down. Disposable goes further.
Mrs. Asshat and myself are DINKS and damn glad to be that. I have no idea how long this will last, but the company I work for is growing by 2/3rds this year and the department she is transferring to is growing as well. For those of you adversely affected by the economy I apologize but I needed to vent this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

East Coast Hustle

prices are going down?

where?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Manhattan, Ks. Almost everything is dropping, from televisions to houses. Everything except food goods.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 13, 2009, 10:21:46 PM
prices are going down?

where?
Here in NC too, but not things like food, gas, or beer.  Mainly stuff that no one is buying so that the stores have too much inventory.  But if I need new clothes or electronics or land, and I have money to pay for it, I can find some deals.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Sir Squid Diddimus

why is food cost so high!!!  :argh!:

the price of gas went down for fuck's sake

East Coast Hustle

the price of gas here in Pugetopolis has gone up about 30 cents a gallon since I got out here in early December.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

yeah it's gone up a little here too.
but not enough to keep the food prices up at 4.50 a gal numbers.

publix red bell peppers from holland-4.99a lb

local farmers market (that i LOVE)- 1.99a lb

holland peppers. really publix? sure theyre prettier, but the local ones taste sweeter.

Jasper

Food is cheap if you shop at Latino produce markets.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on February 15, 2009, 04:10:29 AM

Tastier, too.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 15, 2009, 04:25:36 AM

Tastier, too.

Not sure if serious...

I think it's tastier.  I could seriously live off black beans, rice, avocados, hot sauce, and lime. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on February 15, 2009, 04:52:41 AM

Tastier, too.

Not sure if serious...

I think it's tastier.  I could seriously live off black beans, rice, avocados, hot sauce, and lime. 

Yes, I'm fucking serious.  Latino food is what GOD eats, when he's on vacation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's all about ethnic markets and buying local, fuck yeah.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Yes, I'm fucking serious.  Latino food is what GOD eats, when he's on vacation.

That sounds like a proportional endorsement if I ever heard one. :mrgreen:

Sir Squid Diddimus

120% fucking tr00f

Raphaella

Quote from: Nigel on February 15, 2009, 06:02:10 AM
It's all about ethnic markets and buying local, fuck yeah.
This!! I like going to the Vietnamese, Latino, and Indian markets here. A woman I work with keeps telling me all about this Russian store as well, but I don't know where it is.
For some things I go to Big Lots. They have cheep olive oil every now and then and that's when I stock the fuck up. Same shit you get at Publix but for way less.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ