News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

SO ANGRY THAT I ENVOKED THE WRATH OF ERIS AKA really bad lunch

Started by -Kel-, January 08, 2010, 09:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

hopefully my tale makes sense.

Edit: ALL THIS TOOK PLACE ON AN EMPTY GROWLING STOMACH.

I leave for lunch in what I hope will be nice. I get stuck behind a tow truck that for some reason is scared to make a left hand turn on a highway with no one coming in the opposite direction for 100 feet.

Get on the freeway and get cut off by a teenage chick with bangs reaching Neptune.

Get to the bank, all goes well there, except a guy backing out who doesn't see me and almost hit my car. Upon this i decide i need some comfert food and set out for taco bell, i get stuck at every red light and get cut off again then the person fails to signal when turning into the mini mall that i was turning into.

Turn to go into the taco bell drive threw and almost get hit by another car trying to get in front of me. I think "its ok, ill get my nachos and head back to work." ill pull up and on the intercom thing there is a note that say "closed due to hot water not working, sorry"

Pull out and decide I'll just head to another one, which is about two miles away but whatever, I wanted my damn nachos. Get stuck behind people who drive to slow, don't signal and have really stupid bumper stickers on their cars. I got annoyed made a sudden turn down another street and saw "moochies" the only place in Utah where you can get a real philly cheesestake sandwhich. And I parking spot i can fit in by parallale parking.

Pull up to park, put my turn signal on and.......someone trying to take the spot. I signal to them that I was already waiting and they need to go away, they do, horray. I continue to back up and *HHHOOORRRRNN  BLLLLLLAARRRRREEEEE* by a douche in a fucking BMW that is parked behind the spot im trying to park into. No curoisty "honk honk" that would of easily let me know, "hey im pulling out and if you move ill move and this will make parking so much easier. " fucking asshole, i started weeping just a little out of pure frustration. Then my purse zipper decides to be difficult so the sheepish weeping turns into full on screaming.

But it continues,

I forget that becasue of its wonderfulness Moochies is packed and i decide not to wait and try to make it back to the second taco bell. (but i did make a post to facebook on my phone talking about how i hate everyone right now)

i get back into my car and start driving on the street that i actually live on and the person in front of me decided 20pmg is the speed limit on this street, and its fucking not! i pulled ahead of the, but of course they had to get ballsy and try to speed up, wtf!!! yes, that's right they were going 10 miles under the speed limit but didn't want to let me pass. I still got in front of them though.

I make drive by my house and see that my husband is home, and pull over immedately thnking "he can give me a hug and make this evilness go away." Then my phone decides to voice activate "say a command" it barked to which i yelled "fuck you!"

Ran up the step, open the door, and their my husband sat playing Call Of Duty with two of his friends. i walked by staying nothing all huffy and puffy, throw my coat down and nuke a microwave meal.

While its cooking, i log onto my facebook and one of my friends instead of giving some love makes a snarky remark like "hey we're the other driver facebooking while driving?? huurrrr" Post was deleted, and my anger fulled more.

The husband comes into the office and asks if im okay. I tell him the story and he says ok, sorry you're having a bad time, and walks off. I said "hey can i have a hug?" but he doesn't hear me so I have to say it louder. But i got a hug.

Take out my meal and go sit down in my office to watch some of the daily show, when i bump into my desk and spill the sauce all over my desk. I sigh, clean up the mess and eat my food, i also drink a beer left on my desk that was warm, but i wasn't really caring at this point.

Upon walking into the front room i notice my husband has left the xbox, tv, stero, and all the lights on annnndddd him and his friends have left their left over food and boxes out of the coffee table, which was already a mess because my husband had a friend over last night and they left beer bottles all over.

Call my husband, he's indifferent and annoyed that i called him and snapped "ill pick it up" and hangs up.

Drive back to work get stuck behind more people that don't make turn signals, walk into the office and the guy covering for me is playing some game on my computer so it takes me a few minutes to get him out of my way and clock back in, and i was already late from lunch due to all the fucking bullshit.

And the phone starts ringing off the hook, more bullshit ensues and i started tearing up at my desk.

called the husband and he told me to take a break go somewhere and hide and just breath for a few minutes.

Or Kill Me </rant>

Eater of Clowns

Holy fuck this is the perfect description of a day where EVERYTHING goes wrong.  Some fucking days are just the perfect storm, aren't they?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

-Kel-

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on January 08, 2010, 09:57:29 PM
Holy fuck this is the perfect description of a day where EVERYTHING goes wrong.  Some fucking days are just the perfect storm, aren't they?

The really sad thing, is it happened all in just one hour. Wait that a plus, the rest of my day has been good, and i hope the rest of it gets better.

-Kel-

East Coast Hustle

I think this belongs in "First World Problems", given that it all stemmed from an attempt to go to Taco Bell.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

there are no Red Lobsters in Utah because they don't allow black people to move there.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

He lies.  There are Red Lobsters here, though they will try to poison you.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

East Coast Hustle

and that's what you get for eating at a seafood restaurant in Utah.

:lulz:

-Kel-

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 09, 2010, 04:06:14 AM
and that's what you get for eating at a seafood restaurant in Utah.

:lulz:

Hey we got some great Sushi restaurants here. 

cavehamster

What a sucky lunch hour.

My day so far has been going to shit, but man... I don't think I can top yours.

Stupid Utah drivers, though.  Either doing Warp 4 on the interstate, or not moving at all elsewhere.  I ride my motorcycle most of the time, and let me tell you, they are all out to kill me.  Especially the ones with a cell phone glued to their ears.  Every damn time.  I see a cell phone, I just drop a gear and pass them as fast as the bike will go.

I'm so looking forward to getting out of here for a few days, blah.

-Kel-

Quote from: cavehamster on January 15, 2010, 09:16:44 PM
What a sucky lunch hour.

Stupid Utah drivers, though.  Either doing Warp 4 on the interstate, or not moving at all elsewhere.  I ride my motorcycle most of the time, and let me tell you, they are all out to kill me.  Especially the ones with a cell phone glued to their ears.  Every damn time.  I see a cell phone, I just drop a gear and pass them as fast as the bike will go.

Get some ball bearings to throw at cars that tailgate you.

I hate when motorists tail gate motorcyclists.

cavehamster

Quote from: -Kel- on January 18, 2010, 05:04:03 PM
Quote from: cavehamster on January 15, 2010, 09:16:44 PM
What a sucky lunch hour.

Get some ball bearings to throw at cars that tailgate you.

I hate when motorists tail gate motorcyclists.

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea and all, but at some level as a biker you have to accept that you are small and vulnerable compared to the cagers, and you will get the worse end of the deal if there is road rage.  Couple that with idiot bikers purposefully pissing off cagers, and there you are, out on the interstate, already surrounded by people who dislike you...

Instead of being overtly aggressive towards cagers, I've adopted a few techniques that make them think for a few seconds instead of responding in kind.  First of, never flip anyone off.  They'll just get pissed and dismiss you.  Instead, a stong shake of the head (magnified via wearing a helmet), or an open hand up in the air, palm facing yourself, seems to diffuse them and often gets me a mouthed 'sorry' or at least a bit of cowering from the driver.  Other times, I beep my horn and wave to them like I have not seen them in years, it confuses them, they slow down, and stop doing whatever it was they were doing.

Sorry though, I didn't mean to muss up your good rant with my own ;)