News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Old Timers

Started by Adios, January 25, 2011, 07:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Old Timers often live in the past. We are full of "Back in my day" stories. This is because the best days are long gone. The spark, the energy and the ambition slowly give way to, well, being old. Old Timers can be pretty jaded, after all, we have seen and done so much, and we have watched new generations grow up and repeat the cycle. Just like it was scripted.

We thought we were edgy and smart once. The Old Timers of our day had plenty of stories too. They would smile and nod when we talked of changing the world, making it better. They shook their heads when we spoke about how they wasted their chance and accomplished nothing. And they smiled.

The Old Timers once thought they should share their knowledge with the young. The young smiled and shook their heads at the foolish old men. After all, what did they do with their chance? Nothing, the old fools did nothing with it. They left all this mess that the young feel such a strong need to clean up. The young laugh at the old Timers as they are convinced that it is all so simple. The Old Timers just smile and shake their heads.

So the young move out and move on, and this is as it should be. They step out with vigor and confidence, firm in their goals. This too is as it should be. Maybe in some small ways they just might make some things better. Us Old Timers hope so. What? Do you think that because we are old we have lost all hope? We spent much of our youth trying to give you every opportunity to make a difference.

This is your world now, what will you do with it? Will you end up in the daily trap of trying to outrun and outperform the other rats in the race? Will you slow down once in a while to appreciate what is around you? Us Old Timers don't know the answers to these questions, we didn't know the answers when it was our turn.

Well, I'm going fishing. Just a little time on the river bank sitting in the sun. AS you go busily about your life, look down once in a while. Some of the footprints you are following are mine.

I am smiling.

Whatever

Adios

Don Coyote

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ALL TRUE.

FUCKING RAD-ASS TRUTH.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 25, 2011, 09:25:29 PM
Quote from: Niamh on January 25, 2011, 07:53:20 PM
Fucking RAH!!!

:mittens:

Thanks. Too sappy I guess.  :lulz:

Not sappy, heartlifting to those of us who've been there!

Except you made me want fresh fish for dinner!!  :argh!:

Like I would eat anything out of any river around here...  :x

Adios

The Big Blue River is a little over 300 feet from my back door. Expect me to be off-line a lot this summer.

Except i catch and release. Hands cramp too bad all the time to clean fish.

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 25, 2011, 10:19:09 PM
The Big Blue River is a little over 300 feet from my back door. Expect me to be off-line a lot this summer.

That's one of those good/bad combinations I don't know how to answer  :cry:

Adios

Quote from: Niamh on January 25, 2011, 10:26:59 PM

Let's go with the good.

Adios

Quote from: Nigel on January 25, 2011, 09:36:13 PM
ALL TRUE.

FUCKING RAD-ASS TRUTH.

It is true. Writing it made me a little melancholy.

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 25, 2011, 10:28:07 PM
Quote from: Niamh on January 25, 2011, 10:26:59 PM

Let's go with the good.

Ok then that is super awesome to have a nice fishing hole so close.  I know it's one of your fav past times from your book, so that's a good thing.   :D

Adios

This a mile by car from my house. This was taken shortly after it was finished and it's a lot fuller now. We basically live right below the dam.

Adios

Right below the dam is where the Country Stampede is held every year.

*GrumpButt*

Great post cb :)

Wonderful Pics as well :D
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Adios